Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You are what you are
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Dirk no offense, but you were very confident last year. You were very confident the year before and the year before. That's part of your charm... You are always very confident in the cowboys no matter how many time they knee you in the groin.

Read what I said: I am confident they'll continue to beat the weaker teams and struggle with the good ones, particularly the good QBs. They have three of those guys (aside from Eli), but one, Cutler is Eli-like and will be coming off injury. I give us good chances against Eli and Cutler, next to no chance against Rodgers, and very little chance against Brees. But you can go ahead and assume that the past will be the future if you like.... it does, however, beg the question "why do you watch, then?"
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Dirk no offense, but you were very confident last year. You were very confident the year before and the year before. That's part of your charm... You are always very confident in the cowboys no matter how many time they knee you in the groin.

Read what I said: I am confident they'll continue to beat the weaker teams and struggle with the good ones, particularly the good QBs. They have three of those guys (aside from Eli), but one, Cutler is Eli-like and will be coming off injury. I give us good chances against Eli and Cutler, next to no chance against Rodgers, and very little chance against Brees. But you can go ahead and assume that the past will be the future if you like.... it does, however, beg the question "why do you watch, then?"

I'll be honest with you... if you band was playing Sunday morning at 10:00 PST, that's where I'd be instead.

Fat_tonle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to run the table to have any chance at a championship. Need the two seed and get NO or GB in our building. I feel we will be one and done hosting 49ers week 1. We still play GB and NO and can still catch them.

However, I think this division will give us problems. Everyone has been playing above .500 ball since these abysmal starts. Giants 2-2 since week 4. Eagles 3-2. Skins 2-2. That's significant.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat_tonle wrote:
I think we need to run the table to have any chance at a championship. Need the two seed and get NO or GB in our building. I feel we will be one and done hosting 49ers week 1. We still play GB and NO and can still catch them.

However, I think this division will give us problems. Everyone has been playing above .500 ball since these abysmal starts. Giants 2-2 since week 4. Eagles 3-2. Skins 2-2. That's significant.
I think the 9ers beat the Seahawks.

A win at New Orleans would be huge but is a very tall order.
Fat_tonle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is, if we don't get the 2... even if we win against the 49ers/Hawks, we are still in NO or GB or Seattle week 2.

This is a bad road team. The games that will break us are @NY and @ Wash. Win those games and we might clinch before week 16/17. The 2 seed shouldn't even be a thought unless we beat NO

Last edited by Fat_tonle on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its pretty simple. If we beat our division rivals, we'll be in the playoffs. Forget the other 4 games. Those 3 wins will get us in the playoffs. That should be the only focus.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Its pretty simple. If we beat our division rivals, we'll be in the playoffs. Forget the other 4 games. Those 3 wins will get us in the playoffs. That should be the only focus.

Wrong. Totally wrong. You couldn't be any more wrong. You focus on winning ALL of your games, not just a handful. Because what happens if we lose any of those remaining 3 conference games and any of the others in the division - which are focusing on winning every game - go on a stretch where they win 4 or 5 games? It means we screwed ourselves out of winning the division and will miss the playoffs. Again.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat_tonle wrote:
Thing is, if we don't get the 2... even if we win against the 49ers/Hawks, we are still in NO or GB or Seattle week 2.

This is a bad road team. The games that will break us are @NY and @ Wash. Win those games and we might clinch before week 16/17. The 2 seed shouldn't even be a thought unless we beat NO

All true, which is why I think we win the division and one playoff game this year... Barring a win in Nawlins
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

Wrong. Totally wrong. You couldn't be any more wrong. You focus on winning ALL of your games, not just a handful. Because what happens if we lose any of those remaining 3 conference games and any of the others in the division - which are focusing on winning every game - go on a stretch where they win 4 or 5 games? It means we screwed ourselves out of winning the division and will miss the playoffs. Again.

I was talking from a fans perspective. These games arent nearly as important as the ones against the Eagles, Giants or Redskins.

As a fan, i would take a loss to an East team much worse than the Vikings.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to summarize this team now and over the last few years, I would say that we play to our competition.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
If I had to summarize this team now and over the last few years, I would say that we play to our competition.
apart from today, that has not been the case this year.

Today was the first victory this year where we had a lead and relinquished it. All the others we've never looked back after our first score. Again, apart from today, we had a two score lead in the last 15 seconds of every victory.

Until today, our average margin of victory was greater than our TOTAL margin of defeat. Even after today, our total margin of defeat is 14 points and a pour average margin of victory is 12.4

We may do a lot of things wrong, but one thing we have done under Garrett as a whole and this year especially is beat bad teams.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

I was talking from a fans perspective. These games arent nearly as important as the ones against the Eagles, Giants or Redskins.

As a fan, i would take a loss to an East team much worse than the Vikings.

Still wrong.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Romo is closer to Cutler than Eli. Both Romo and Cutler both have the talent to succeed, but make boneheaded plays at the wrong times. You can say all the stupid comments about Eli, but you can't deny he is a clutch player unless you are a total homer and can't see the talent of players because they play for a division rival.Many people watch just to have something to complain about at the water cooler on Mondays.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo made game killing mistakes at about the same rate as Eli, coming Ito this season. Eli has definitely made more this year.

Also worth noting that no one has more 4th qtr comebacks since 2011 than Tony Romo (Luck and Stafford both tied with him)
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Romo made game killing mistakes at about the same rate as Eli, coming Ito this season. Eli has definitely made more this year.

Also worth noting that no one has more 4th qtr comebacks since 2011 than Tony Romo (Luck and Stafford both tied with him)

I guess you are the latter who can't give a player credit just because he plays for a rival. I didn't say this year I just meant over there careers since they came out the same year. I just wish that people would take off there Jerry x-ray "Do you like those 3 Super Bowls" Glasses, and realize its not 1995 anymore. That we are what are record says we are, and over the last 17 years that would be average or mediocre.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: