You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bishop Sankey, RB Washington - #1 Back
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Bishop Sankey, RB Washington - #1 Back Reply with quote

Throw stats aside, Washington RB Bishop Sankey is the best back in the draft. He is a smooth runner, with the best patience, best vision, with enough power to run through a defender, but also has the feet and balance to make hard cuts, and bounce to the outside. With that said, he needs to continue to work the inside and stop with the unnecessary jump cuts to the tackle.

Metrics:
Speed Score: 103.83
ELU Rating: 86.89
Missed Tackle per touch: 0.46

That puts his speed score borderline elite, ELU elite, MTpT elite.

And for those that want stats:

Running by down and distance:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have him #6 draft eligible running back at the moment.

He doesn't change direction well enough for me, loses too much momentum when he cuts. He doesn't have a second gear, either, and won't break the long one at the next level. Acceleration is average. This is not based on measurables, it's based on game speed evaluated on tape.

But, as you said, vision and patience are very good.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot about Melvin Gordon III...

I have the Bishop 3rd on my list.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
You forgot about Melvin Gordon III...

I have the Bishop 3rd on my list.

No, Gordon isn't a 3 down back[only 7 attempts rushing on his 107 attempts] and is not very good at all in pass protection, which drops him. He's one of the best runners, but question his ability to be a complete back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concur on Sankey - love this kid. Created this thread a couple of weeks back.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=532389
Luke1592

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sankey doesn't break many tackles and for a running back he has average open field speed. on inside runs he struggles to quickly find a hole and cutback lanes. In my scouting reports vision is one of the key traits a running back must possess and I don't see great vision from Sankey.
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
Sankey doesn't break many tackles and for a running back he has average open field speed. on inside runs he struggles to quickly find a hole and cutback lanes. In my scouting reports vision is one of the key traits a running back must possess and I don't see great vision from Sankey.

His speed isn't outstanding, but not sure where you're coming from on the vision/cutback thing. He is outstanding in those areas, possibly the best in this class IMO.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:

I don't know what you are looking at, he's the best in the class in all of these areas.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:

He doesn't change direction well enough for me, loses too much momentum when he cuts. He doesn't have a second gear, either, and won't break the long one at the next level. Acceleration is average. This is not based on measurables, it's based on game speed evaluated on tape.

I think you are wrong in the former, and the latter I can't see, he has done it every year against NFL competition, where his game speed looks faster than his projected speed [4.49]. He looks like he is running faster than 4.5 and his cuts are effortless.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game speed is faster than he will test at the combine. Probably will get shown up by a lot of athletes at the combine. Still one of the better pure RB's in the draft. Skill set is much to the mold of a Zac Stacy from last year but smaller.

jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
jshowers wrote:

I think you are wrong in the former, and the latter I can't see, he has done it every year against NFL competition, where his game speed looks faster than his projected speed [4.49]. He looks like he is running faster than 4.5 and his cuts are effortless.

Going to have to agree to disagree on this as I don't really think of either of us will come away with a different opinion.

I see a guy with limited acceleration who is more of a plant and drive guy that uses his low center of gravity and powerful legs to make hard and decisive cuts, but he does lose too much speed coming out of them. He changes direction strongly and with purpose, but not not the type that will effortlessly cut back or make a defender trip over himself.
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:

...uses his low center of gravity and powerful legs to make hard and decisive cuts,

Sounds a lot like Ray Rice and Zac Stacy.

jshowers wrote:

... or make a defender trip over himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7QDxRNgQk

Leader of these Bandwagons: Derrius Guice, Kalen Ballage, Jordan Villamin, Simmie Cobbs, Cam Akers, Elijah Holyfield
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skankey is good. Much better than Polk.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
jshowers wrote:

...uses his low center of gravity and powerful legs to make hard and decisive cuts,

Sounds a lot like Ray Rice and Zac Stacy.

jshowers wrote:

... or make a defender trip over himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7QDxRNgQk

^^^Funny how Henry Anderson, who is a 6'6'', 285 pound 5-Tech DE and shouldn't be confused with a linebacker, still contributed to the tackle on that play and gets Sankey by the ankles? Wasn't an impressive "ankle breaker". His momentum slowed down there like I said it does when he cuts.
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if I'd rank him the best but he's among the best available running backs in the 2014 draft.

Courtesy of an online joke search.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: