Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Happy with Jared Cook?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Happy with Jared Cook? Reply with quote

Greetings,

I'm going to be transparent. I'm not really a big Cook fan. He lost me with his play down the line here in Tennessee. So some might view this post as looking for some validation of my feelings. I'm not searching for that. I didn't want him back in TN for the money he wanted, but I'm not going to ignore the talent he has.

With that said, I'm just curious of you guys early opinon of him? You see him every Sunday now and read about him every week.
Last night I saw some of the same things that urked me when he played with the Titans.

However, that first game showed what kind of monster he could be!

One play in particular from last night, he was set in motion for a crack back type of block, but he purposedly dodged the defender, to avoid contact.
And it wasn't like the ball was going tot he other side. It was like one gap away from him. Fortunately, or unfortantuely a Seahawks defender stopped the play before Cook's man could reach it.

I know QB play isn't the best right now for the Rams and the playcalling wasn't exactly what many wished for, but overall..... Do you like Cook?
Think he just needs a more innovative Playcaller?

Well, good luck Sunday!
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's falling right in line with 90% of the FA's the Rams sign year after year. They show flashes or small stretches of excelling, but never can keep it consistently there...

It's still too early to tell, especially given that we can't really evaluate him with our QB deficiency now...

IDOG_det on the sig...
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
He's falling right in line with 90% of the FA's the Rams sign year after year. They show flashes or small stretches of excelling, but never can keep it consistently there...

It's still too early to tell, especially given that we can't really evaluate him with our QB deficiency now...

QB play is key with him, I think.

Bradford's numbers were solid before he went down. Was he playing as well as the numbers suggest or could he have been much better?
Emcee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see analysis of how we're using him. I didn't get to see yesterday's game, but I feel like we haven't really targeted him much since week 1.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emcee wrote:
I would love to see analysis of how we're using him. I didn't get to see yesterday's game, but I feel like we haven't really targeted him much since week 1.

I think he had team high 6 targets yesterday.

Not to side track the purpose of the thread, but also is Tavon Austin not learing the playbook? Anyone have any idea why he isn't used as much?

I thought he was going to be dynamic, only half of year one, but I thought he'd have a bigger impact.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

Bradford's numbers were solid before he went down. Was he playing as well as the numbers suggest or could he have been much better?

Bradford did seem to have instant chemistry with him it seemed, but Shotty's offensive scheme is less than imaginative. I really question how he is using Cook and Tavon Austin at times.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

Bradford did seem to have instant chemistry with him it seemed, but Shotty's offensive scheme is less than imaginative. I really question how he is using Cook and Tavon Austin at times.

This is exactly my thinking. Austin and Cook are mismatch type players and Schotty isnt a mismatch 1v1 playcaller. He is a conceptual big picture play caller.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Emcee wrote:

I think he had team high 6 targets yesterday.

Not to side track the purpose of the thread, but also is Tavon Austin not learing the playbook? Anyone have any idea why he isn't used as much?

I thought he was going to be dynamic, only half of year one, but I thought he'd have a bigger impact.

Tavon has made some very big plays this year, both on offense and in special teams, but they have all been called back due to penalties that weren't influential in the play. It's happened twice on punt returns he broke, and once last week when a 60+ yard TD reception was called back.

That being said, Shotty doesn't know how to use him.

As for Cook, unfortunately he lacks toughness and focus. He also has poor lateral agility. He's limited but continues to have upside.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

This is exactly my thinking. Austin and Cook are mismatch type players and Schotty isnt a mismatch 1v1 playcaller. He is a conceptual big picture play caller.

That's a shame for Cook and Austin.

Fish is loyal to a fault at times too. Unless they truly stink it up. Schotty will likely be the OC for the forseable future. Which might not be terrible if the QB play balances out. Cook and Austin may never be Fantasy Studs in that setting, but that combo, QB play and that defense, is a deadly mix.
FRO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

His numbers would have been better if our receivers could actually catch. If we were at the league average as far as drops were concerned he would be completing 65% of his passes. He could have had 17 TD passes in 7 games. He was playing at a high level.

As far as Cook, he needs to be used down the field more. I wish they would use him on seem routes more.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is what he is. Freakishly talented but often dogs it and not physical.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: