Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Class
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Draft Grade
A
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
C
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
D
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Phire wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:
I probably sound like I'm bothered by what I feel are fairly generous ratings for Lane Johnson, but I would like to hear the reasoning behind listing "potential" as one of the reasons for boosting his ratings based on current performance. Seems like a rather arbitrary point when grading his play this year.

he is a rookie tackle in his third year ever at the position and he is holding his own out there.

Why be negative about him?

I'm sure Lane is going to survive if I'm not fully positive about him Laughing

I think that when you look at the position it is not one where usually come in and excel immediately.
Remember too, this is a new system for the guys around him.
He's not walking into a set piece.

I think a lot of teams would be glad to have him.
I don't think that thee are three players in the draft I would have selected over him and theoretically there should be.
I am not some crazed, optimistic homer, either.

I understand all the intangible arguments. I guess where I'm hung is whether we're grading on the basis of performance (not including intangibles) or we're grading the actual pick, taking into account intangibles such as trajectory also known as potential, whether he's in a set piece, or how long his QBs are holding onto the ball.

With all those considered, my grading would be more optimistic than if we're just grading based on results.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I probably sound like I'm bothered by what I feel are fairly generous ratings for Lane Johnson, but I would like to hear the reasoning behind listing "potential" as one of the reasons for boosting his ratings based on current performance. Seems like a rather arbitrary point when grading his play this year.

How can you grade a pick this year without taking the future into account??? The whole point of examining a draft class is to look towards the future. An example of this is Square(I realize we didn't draft him stick with me) vs Kruger. Square is on the team now because he was a polished player with low upside. Kruger was a young athlete who needed time to get his body ready. That being said, in three years it is much more likely Kruger is on the Eagles then Square due to potential, therefore Kruger is more important to this team(IMO) then square because he should be on the field during more meaningful games.

This is just one example, but IMO if you only look at performance of rookies then you simply aren't looking at the whole picture.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:

How can you grade a pick this year without taking the future into account??? The whole point of examining a draft class is to look towards the future. An example of this is Square(I realize we didn't draft him stick with me) vs Kruger. Square is on the team now because he was a polished player with low upside. Kruger was a young athlete who needs time to get his body ready. That being said, in three years it is much more likely Kruger is on the Eagles then Square due to potential, therefore Kruger is more important to this team(IMO) then square because he should be on the field during more meaningful games.

This is just one example, but IMO if you only look at performance of rookies then you simply aren't looking at the whole picture.

I wasn't taking the future into account because the first post said grade them... then talk about their future. Made sense to me to separate the two. All of my grades are based on current impact, otherwise I can't really give Kruger an F because he hasn't busted, he's just not doing anything.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming Bennie Logan is the starting NT now. I liked what I saw during the preseason and I'm hoping that carries over. I'm excited to see what he can do.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Ben Logan's snaps increased leading up to Soap dish being traded? I will say that run wise Ryans has been freed up a lot more of late and just wondering if that possible increase has attributed to that.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also just curious what's the deal with Poyer has he been moved to safety? I would hate to see Coleman out there for an extended period of time in nickel situations.

Phire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Has Ben Logan's snaps increased leading up to Soap dish being traded? I will say that run wise Ryans has been freed up a lot more of late and just wondering if that possible increase has attributed to that.

Only thing I can find on it:
Quote:
Logan, a third round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, consistently played about 30% of the defensive snaps while Sopoaga was in town.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/10/29/5043890/eagles-trade-rumors-isaac-sopoaga-patriots-what-deal-means-moving-forward

Also don't quote me on it, but I SWEAR I read an article that talked about how Sopoaga got a ton of reps in the last game, but I don't know where I saw that.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw Soap out there a ton v the Giants when we went with our base personnel.

I expect to see a rotation at the nose though

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Yeah I saw Soap out there a ton v the Giants when we went with our base personnel.

I think they were trying to sell Sopoago

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Also just curious what's the deal with Poyer has he been moved to safety? I would hate to see Coleman out there for an extended period of time in nickel situations.

Poyer was waivered and pick upped by Browns.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

I think they were trying to sell Sopoago

True, hadn't thought of that.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one rookie we haven't graded.

What say you about Charles Kelly?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
There is one rookie we haven't graded.

What say you about Charles Kelly?

Double chin. B+

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty? C-

The Quarterback Situation has been a mess, and the secondary sucks, but he's mismanaged quite a few things, and doesn't know how to keep TOP and it's costed it us.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QBs have looked better than I would have hoped at times and more terrible than I could ever imagine at other times. He made some questionable calls and some bad time management, but all in all I'll give him a C+ B-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: