Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Class
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Draft Grade
A
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
C
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
D
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: 2013 Draft Class Reply with quote

Oh, Andy Reid was such an awful talent evaluator.
Chip Kelly is certain to be better.

Eight games in ... half a season ... at this is what the Eagles got.

1) Johnson, Lane OT

2) Ertz, Zach TE

3) Logan, Bennie DT

4) Barkley, Matt QB

5) Wolff, Earl SS

7) Kruger, Joe DE

7) Poyer, Jordan CB

7) King, David DE

Rank'em, grade'em and predict the future for the eight after eight.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immediate result? C
Down the road? B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very difficult to judge these players after only 8 games. Hate to be a broken record, but it's true.

First the obvious: Kruger is on IR, Poyer was cut and picked up by another team, King was cut. Grade: Inc

Johnson: Shown flashes of athleticism and sound technique, but also has shown serious mental lapses. Major work in progress. Grade: B-

Ertz: Has also shown flashes of getting open and making a catch here and there, but has was looks to be a few easy drops. I think he's been a little under utilized TBH. Grade: C+

Logan: Rotational DE and NT who has seen limited action, but produced 2 sacks with those snaps. Chance to progress moving forward. Grade: B-

Barkley: Has shown a few good throws, but has been mostly bad. INTs and a fumble in the red zone will not get it done. Grade: D-

Wolff: Has also shown flashes, but mental lapses and lack of natural talent hold him back. Could progress into a solid 3rd safety one day. Grade: C+

After 8 games: C
Down the road: chance for a B
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that 5 Rookies are seeing legitimate time in the first 8 games tells me the draft thus far was a success. Or that we really suck in other areas.

Lane: was a project from the jump. Supremely gifted athlete changing posistions. B-

Ertz: hasn't been involved in the game plan as much ad Kelly suggested all offseason. C

Logan: Surprised pick but like Curry when on the field making a difference. Just not getting on the field for some reason.Rolling Eyes B

Barkley: Clearly forcing things trying to prove he deserves a shot. To many mistakes Rookies tend to do that. D+

Wolff: Getting thrusted into action at Safety for a rookie is not easy. So mistakes will happen. However he has shown numerous times he can make plays. B

The fact 5 Rookies are even playing gives this class a B with the potential of 3 possibly 4 starting next year. If so that's a successful dtaft considering on average only two per class work out long term for a team as petite contributors.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Johnson, Lane OT - C. A top 5 pick should absolutely be performing better. I'm tempted to give him a D.

2) Ertz, Zach TE - C. Don't really think he's any better than Celek and he was an early 2nd rounder, so that is disappointing.

3) Logan, Bennie DT - C. Hardly noticed he's on the team, despite his 2 sacks.

4) Barkley, Matt QB - D. A qb from USC, so he was expected to suck.

5) Wolff, Earl SS - B. He's average, but average is better than Kurt Coleman, so he receives a B based on where we took him. He's a C if he's taken before round 4.

7) Kruger, Joe DE - Incomplete

7) Poyer, Jordan CB - F

7) King, David DE - F

Overall - C

Kilty Sig '14 Wish List: M Smith, D Bucannon, C Latimer, T Turner, W Aikens, A Williamson, C Jones
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't like the Ertz or Barkley. Liked the Lane. Wolff and Logan seem decent. No great players but three good ones

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I remember being a little hesitant about the draft. But given the drafting performance of this team over the years, you can't really blame anyone for feeling that way. My feelings on the draft class since the beginning of the year have not really changed, I'm still a bit apprehensive about where we're going with this group.

1) Johnson, Lane OT
C - He was the pick that had to be made, but probably not the one we would take at #4 overall in most years. Everyone touted his 40 yard dash time and gave a pass on his inexperience. Well, what the heck is his 40 yard dash doing for him now? I think he DOES have a high ceiling, and for someone deemed a "project" has played better than expected, but that isn't saying much.

2) Ertz, Zach TE
D - I liked this pick when it happened because I thought we'd go the New England route and really focus on our TEs, especially with Maclin going down. We've done the complete opposite, we've named co-starters at TE and signed a free agent but NONE of them have made an impact. Can't really even give an average rating here. I think Ertz will be good, but for now, he's just not doing anything.

3) Logan, Bennie DT
C+ - I don't know how much playing time he's getting, but when he's in there, he seems to be able to get his name called. He was one of those guys I was unsure of when we drafted him, and grew to like as the off-season progressed. This coaching staff has done a poor job (or just don't like to) rotate guys in, so I'm not sure if he's just not good enough to get more playing time, or he's being held back.

4) Barkley, Matt QB
C- - Probably the biggest shocker in the draft. He hasn't been able to take care of the ball in his outings but his opportunities have come in emergency roles so can't really blame him for being thrown out there. Still rating him slightly below average just because I have no idea why the team took him or what they plan on doing with him in the future, but I like his somewhat gunslinger mentality.

5) Wolff, Earl SS
B - I liked Wolff when we took him. He's been starting now for a few weeks and seems to be getting better each week. I can't give him an average rating because as a DB, he hasn't gotten torched deep or missed any key tackles. Hasn't exactly been a playmaker, but I think a B rating at this point is justified by a DB who isn't making mistakes.

7) Kruger, Joe DE
D - Project. Know nothing about.

7) Poyer, Jordan CB
F - Bust. Will probably have an all-pro career somewhere else.

7) King, David DE
F - No clue.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
SiLo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C, because Ertz....

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INC, but If I had to, it would be a C.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Immediate result? C
Down the road? B

Agreed.

Better than Andy, Immediate - D, Down the Road - F
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Draft Class Reply with quote

I feel like you guys are grading really hard...

1) Johnson, Lane OT:B- I don't know what you guys expected from a young athletic tackle that only played two years of tackle in college. Yes, he has been bad, but we knew that would probably be the case. His improvement by the end of this year and into next year will be telling.

2) Ertz, Zach TE: C Not sure why we picked him if we don't plan to use him. He clearly has the talent to do some good things on offense right now, but the coaching staff seems to be lost on how to use a TE.

3) Logan, Bennie DT:B I think he is the biggest reason they shipped Soap out of town. He has played well with limited snaps, and with Thornton likely moving to the nose, Logan will likely see more time at 5 tech as well.

4) Barkley, Matt QB: C- He is a young QB that has been thrown into two games. He isn't ready to play now, but he has traits that I believe will make him a good number 2 QB in the future.

5) Wolff, Earl SS: A- Anytime you get a player that looks like a starter in the 5th round you did a good job. His play has been underrated so far this year, and I think he becomes a full times starter by year end.

7) Kruger, Joe DE: C Why are people knocking him? He was valuable enough to keep off the practice squad solely because the Eagles were afraid another team would steal him off of it. He is a 7th rounder who is still with the team, what else can you ask for at this point?

7) Poyer, Jordan CB: F

7) King, David DE: F

Immediate: C+
DTR:B

So far, I like what we did in the draft. Never thought we would get a ton of immediate impact from this class, but I see 3 potential long term starters and 2 postential backups coming from this class still.

2014 Draft Wish List: Khalil Mack, David Yankey, DeAndre Coleman, Jimmie Ward, Pierre Desir
PSN:TelevisedLlama
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ FWIW this is how I did my grades:

A - Starting and making a big impact. Playing at ROY levels.
B - Starting and making contributions, but not noticed.
C - Contributing in some way but not making a big impact.
D - Playing poorly or not playing at all for one reason or another.
F - Cut, bust, or just plain bad.

I can't give a guy like Kruger who is on IR and we know nothing about a C, because he's not contributing to anything. A C for me is average, how can a guy on IR be average?

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
^^ FWIW this is how I did my grades:

A - Starting and making a big impact. Playing at ROY levels.
B - Starting and making contributions, but not noticed.
C - Contributing in some way but not making a big impact.
D - Playing poorly or not playing at all for one reason or another.
F - Cut, bust, or just plain bad.

I can't give a guy like Kruger who is on IR and we know nothing about a C, because he's not contributing to anything. A C for me is average, how can a guy on IR be average?

I can see off that scale why you would say that.

I tried to combine playing time, round picked, and future potential when looking at the picks. The fact that we have 5 players that could stick is a very encouraging sign IMO.

2014 Draft Wish List: Khalil Mack, David Yankey, DeAndre Coleman, Jimmie Ward, Pierre Desir
PSN:TelevisedLlama
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grade scale:

A - Player is great
B - Player is good
C - Player is average
D - Player is below average
F - Player is named Danny Watkins or released before their rookie season ends.

Don't care when they were drafted (otherwise Lane would be a D) or how much they are playing, just how they play when they do get their oppurtunities. So if you were drafted in the 7th round and perform at an average level, you are still just a "C" grade, regardless of round value. I should change Earl Wolff to a C+. He's not really good yet, but he looks good compared to Kurt Coleman.

Kilty Sig '14 Wish List: M Smith, D Bucannon, C Latimer, T Turner, W Aikens, A Williamson, C Jones
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane, Earl and Bennie look like they could be good players.

Can;t say that for anyone else.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: