Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Waters headed to IR
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Waters headed to IR Reply with quote

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 3m
Quote:

Jerry Jones: Dallas Cowboys RG Brian Waters out for the season: Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday ... http://bit.ly/16H1Oo2

Looks like we will be seeing a lot of Berny now. It appears Waters is headed to IR with torn triceps!

And the hits just keep on coming!!

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 13m

Quote:
Brian Waters a significant loss in pass pro. Just 7 QB disruptions allowed on 205 pass blocking snaps. Bernadeau at 8 already on 114 snaps

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
buddy_z34

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye bye division. Dude brought stability to the line and helped Freddy come along.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously this is not good news and will negatively impact immediately.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I'm sure glad we invested the resources in the o-line to handle this kind of loss.

Wait......

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so now we coast to 8-8 or 7-9.

have a pick in the 15-19 area....

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it all
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Boy, I'm sure glad we invested the resources in the o-line to handle this kind of loss.

Wait......

Because drafting an offensive lineman isn't investing resources in the o-line anymore Rolling Eyes

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore anyone?
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like getting punched in the balls after just having been kicked in the balls.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
This is like getting punched in the balls after just having been kicked in the balls.

yup.

terrible news

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waters' individual performance was a big upgrade. He also brought stability to Free and Frederick. The entire line and the offense will feel this blow.

All is not lost. This could signal the return of Arkin!
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Wait......

Because drafting an offensive lineman isn't investing resources in the o-line anymore Rolling Eyes

Let me rephrase what plan has said then. "Boy, I'm sure glad the Cowboys drafted Larry Warford when he was there in the 2nd round instead of a 3rd TE"

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Wait......

Let me rephrase what plan has said then. "Boy, I'm sure glad the Cowboys drafted Larry Warford when he was there in the 2nd round instead of a 3rd TE"

That is all well and good, but why does everyone feel like we should have 8 starting quality linemen on a team? That just isn't realistic. Obviously, the team liked what they had after they took Fredbeard along the line, and for the most part, they were right. Free has looked solid this year, Leary has looked decent, and they got unlucky with another injury

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Wait......

That is all well and good, but why does everyone feel like we should have 8 starting quality linemen on a team? That just isn't realistic. Obviously, the team liked what they had after they took Fredbeard along the line, and for the most part, they were right. Free has looked solid this year, Leary has looked decent, and they got unlucky with another injury

It has been the weakness of this team for many years. What you said is true they just got unlucky with Waters, but Waters didn't play last year and is currently 36 years old so there was a high risk chance of him getting injured.

At the time of the draft there were concerns on the entire right side of the OL (including Free). All I am saying is why draft another luxury (a 3rd TE) instead of potentially solidifying this OL issue with two young OLmen?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Wait......

It has been the weakness of this team for many years. What you said is true they just got unlucky with Waters, but Waters didn't play last year and is currently 36 years old so there was a high risk chance of him getting injured.

At the time of the draft there were concerns on the entire right side of the OL (including Free). All I am saying is why draft another luxury (a 3rd TE) instead of potentially solidifying this OL issue with two young OLmen?

Because they were following their draft board? Something that everyone on this forum has been preaching for a long time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: