Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Chargers at Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
I am still on a high from the game.

Just off the top of my head.

Refs you suck. Honestly the last drive by the Chargers I saw at the very least two blatant holding calls. Never mind the fact that was a fumble on Woodhead. Guess what Chargers finish with ZERO holding calls. Really?

RGIII played big but also had some horrible throws. Garson bailed him out on a couple...Talk about Garson, he put his play where his mouth is. What a game, what a stud.

Speaking of studs, we have one in Reed. A steal in the 3rd round.

D gave up some big plays but that goal line stand was amazing. Only 17 points against one of the best offenses in the league. This D is stepping it up, its not the weak link anymore IMO.

Lets hope this is the game that will get us thinking we can beat anyone. Hell NO lost today to the Jets. Dallas barely beat the Vikings in Dallas and we play them next. Thursday night can't get here fast enough.
this! Wonderful post from the first letter to the last punctuation mark! Wink

Yes I do agree!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
Why can't we win a game without suffering so much?

Let me ask this --??
If the Redskins had a 6 point lead with two minutes left against an elite QB on his own 20 yard line and he has at least 2 times out left.. How many of those games would we win.. Hypothetically let's say it comes up all 16 games.
I say we'd be 3-13 or 2-14. This Defense never gets the stop when we need it--Yesterday was an anomoly --thanks to the stoopid Chargers Laughing
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

Refs you suck. Honestly the last drive by the Chargers I saw at the very least two blatant holding calls. Never mind the fact that was a fumble on Woodhead. Guess what Chargers finish with ZERO holding calls. Really?

RGIII played big but also had some horrible throws. Garson bailed him out on a couple...Talk about Garson, he put his play where his mouth is. What a game, what a stud.

D gave up some big plays but that goal line stand was amazing. Only 17 points against one of the best offenses in the league. This D is stepping it up, its not the weak link anymore IMO.

Lets hope this is the game that will get us thinking we can beat anyone. Hell NO lost today to the Jets. Dallas barely beat the Vikings in Dallas and we play them next. Thursday night can't get here fast enough.

Thank you Turtle. I am like a clock....Right twice a day at least... Smile
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

Thank you Turtle. I am like a clock....Right twice a day at least... Smile

uuuhh,, That's only true for a STOPPED clock .. Laughing Wink
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
Why can't we win a game without suffering so much?

Let me ask this --??
If the Redskins had a 6 point lead with two minutes left against an elite QB on his own 20 yard line and he has at least 2 times out left.. How many of those games would we win.. Hypothetically let's say it comes up all 16 games.
I say we'd be 3-13 or 2-14. This Defense never gets the stop when we need it--Yesterday was an anomoly --thanks to the stoopid Chargers Laughing

Thankfully there are not that many elite QBs.

At the same time, we should have had more than just a six point lead with two minutes to go. We cannot salt games away either.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more comment on this weird axx game ..
At the end of regulation when the T D was reversed, The Referee clearly says the ball will be placed on the 6-inch line.
The official placing the ball actually placed it with the back end touching the one -yard marker so I'd say it was at the 12 inch line..
Somehow that extra 6 inches gave me hope ! Wonder how that happened?
Made it a leeetle harder for the QB to leap and extend the ball over.
The officiating this entire game was horrendous.
PS--actually maybe it was more like the 2 foot line ..I just read a NFL football is slighly shorter than a foot so the official misplaced the ball by 18 inches.
AND,, consider this ..--IF Forbath made the chipshot FG.. We would have had a 6-point lead, Forcing S D to go for the TD on 4th down.. Glad we didn't have to see that outcome. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: