Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Chargers at Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my prediction rang true for once! Yay Dancing Dancing Dancing Applause Applause Cool Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Morris could be such a fantasy beast for me this year, but he has lost 6 tds to young and helu the past 3 games Sad

But seriously great game today. The D, Garcon, Morris, Young, and RG3 played well for us to keep us in it.
Geronimo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't we win a game without suffering so much?
mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
our defense straight up sucks. I hope that free agency brings us some good talent.

Lol they gave up only 17 points, got multiple, turnovers and had a huge goalline stand...not following you at all they played well against a good offense

Lol, and yet we nearly lost the game thanks to soft coverages and coverage mistakes late in the game, which is typical of our defense. We had literally no pressure on Rivers with one sack by a back up all day.

There was a bit more passion today. But they are still a long way from where they could or should be.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We beat a really good football team today fellas!!! We still need to get better, but this could be the start of something!! HTTR
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
our defense straight up sucks. I hope that free agency brings us some good talent.

Is it more on the players or their coaches? I think the dumb things we do as a team is more of a reflection of coaches not holding players accountable. I'm calling for a whole new coaching staff in general (mainly Mike, Klye, and Jim)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Lol they gave up only 17 points, got multiple, turnovers and had a huge goalline stand...not following you at all they played well against a good offense

Lol, and yet we nearly lost the game thanks to soft coverages and coverage mistakes late in the game, which is typical of our defense. We had literally no pressure on Rivers with one sack by a back up all day.

There was a bit more passion today. But they are still a long way from where they could or should be.

Had the O produced in the 4th quarter, as it could, the Chargers would not have come back. I do not blame the D so much as in the first three games.

Actually, after those horrible games, we are 3-2.
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
Rivers is having a fantastic year.

Their defense allows only 105 rushing yds per game.

Another looooooong Sunday.
We'll see how they look at 10 am western coast time... Wink

We have already seen that against the Eagles. The Chargers won.

TruSkinsFan wrote:

This will be a W for the Skins if the offense execute the plays right, RG3 pass accurately, and the Special teams do they're job and Coaches as well.

Too many if's.

You're right about that but those if's got corrected and we have a Win for the record! Very Happy Laughing Razz Razz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

TruSkinsFan wrote:

This will be a W for the Skins if the offense execute the plays right, RG3 pass accurately, and the Special teams do they're job and Coaches as well.

Too many if's.

You're right about that but those if's got corrected and we have a Win for the record! Very Happy Laughing Razz Razz

Not sure about the coaches ...
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
TruSkinsFan wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

TruSkinsFan wrote:

Too many if's.

Not sure about the coaches ...

The Coaches did what they suppose to do, which is call the correct plays and the offense executed with the help of Alfred Morris and Darrell Young when it comes to the running game, but the passing game was just as much as effective as the run game with P.G. (Pierre Garcon) making terrific catches and Reed and Hankerson still being great for this offense.

But what you have fail to realize is that, its the Special Teams is the one that is almost costing the game. Two block for field goals from the line is not good at all. But the Defense held they're ground until the last seconds in the 4th Quarter which we all know Philip Rivers is good when it come to 2 min drills but that last saved for that touchdown by Woodhead almost killed the Skins.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle still calls dumb 2 route full protection routes. I have no idea why he loves that play when we've only got 1 WR who can beat man press.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still on a high from the game.

Just off the top of my head.

Refs you suck. Honestly the last drive by the Chargers I saw at the very least two blatant holding calls. Never mind the fact that was a fumble on Woodhead. Guess what Chargers finish with ZERO holding calls. Really?

RGIII played big but also had some horrible throws. Garson bailed him out on a couple...Talk about Garson, he put his play where his mouth is. What a game, what a stud.

Speaking of studs, we have one in Reed. A steal in the 3rd round.

D gave up some big plays but that goal line stand was amazing. Only 17 points against one of the best offenses in the league. This D is stepping it up, its not the weak link anymore IMO.

Lets hope this is the game that will get us thinking we can beat anyone. Hell NO lost today to the Jets. Dallas barely beat the Vikings in Dallas and we play them next. Thursday night can't get here fast enough.
Geronimo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:

The Coaches did what they suppose to do, which is call the correct plays and the offense executed with the help of Alfred Morris and Darrell Young when it comes to the running game, but the passing game was just as much as effective as the run game with P.G. (Pierre Garcon) making terrific catches and Reed and Hankerson still being great for this offense.

But what you have fail to realize is that, its the Special Teams is the one that is almost costing the game. Two block for field goals from the line is not good at all. But the Defense held they're ground until the last seconds in the 4th Quarter which we all know Philip Rivers is good when it come to 2 min drills but that last saved for that touchdown by Woodhead almost killed the Skins.

I did nto like at all the pass call with 2:18 left on clock, 3rd and 3, if I remember correctly. Call a run and eat some time, or, if you want to throw, fake a run at least. That pass was ugly, call and execution. In the 4th quarter we had to eat the clock and we did not.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
TruSkinsFan wrote:

I did nto like at all the pass call with 2:18 left on clock, 3rd and 3, if I remember correctly. Call a run and eat some time, or, if you want to throw, fake a run at least. That pass was ugly, call and execution. In the 4th quarter we had to eat the clock and we did not.

Well , thankfully he redeemed himself calling 3 straight runs for the Winning Touchdown (and a LOAD of runs on that drive). Though I'm certain that will get overlooked, as well as the heavy amount of running done today.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
I am still on a high from the game.

Just off the top of my head.

Refs you suck. Honestly the last drive by the Chargers I saw at the very least two blatant holding calls. Never mind the fact that was a fumble on Woodhead. Guess what Chargers finish with ZERO holding calls. Really?

RGIII played big but also had some horrible throws. Garson bailed him out on a couple...Talk about Garson, he put his play where his mouth is. What a game, what a stud.

Speaking of studs, we have one in Reed. A steal in the 3rd round.

D gave up some big plays but that goal line stand was amazing. Only 17 points against one of the best offenses in the league. This D is stepping it up, its not the weak link anymore IMO.

Lets hope this is the game that will get us thinking we can beat anyone. Hell NO lost today to the Jets. Dallas barely beat the Vikings in Dallas and we play them next. Thursday night can't get here fast enough.
this! Wonderful post from the first letter to the last punctuation mark! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: