Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets running game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Jets running game Reply with quote

Our running game is like our passing game, no breakaway threats, as much as I like Powell & Ivory between the two their longest run of the year is only 17 yards. Ivory is a beast, look what he did in the New England game, we need both of these guys but we still need a Freenman Mc neil, Thomas Jones, Curtis Martin type who can cut and find the holes with speed. Is our lousy guard play part of the problem, you bet it is. No way is this a knock on Powell or Ivory i love both these guys. Is our lack of a big time receiver hurting our running game, yes. We are eight in the league in running, but when we are getting 3 1/2 yards per run team are getting 15, 20, yards passing. The ground & pound can never keep up with the passing attack in todays game. Sundays game against the Bengals proved that. Why did we give up on Braylon Edwards when is was only 29 years old he was our best receiver and was a key player for us durning our run a couple of years ago.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definitely need to find a legit featured RB.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Davey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be a more explosive element, certainly. That's what Goodson was supposed to be.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR/TE are more important. That trio if healthy is good enough. Like you said it's a passing league.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya it's a shame that Mike Goodson didn't work out this year. Him getting into legal trouble hurt, but since he didn't have a history of it it's hard to blame Idzik. And in his only action this year which was the game against Atl and in his injury game against Pitt he was affective. Heck he only had 7 carries on the year and 2 of them were for 18yds and 26yds both more than any carry Powell or Ivory have had with more carries. Goodson did sign a 3yr deal, so we can bring him back, not sure if the FO wants him back after being a headache and coming off an ACL. But it shows we did look for that game changing fast explosive back. I look for ther Jets to draft a speed back in the draft if they dont cut Goodson.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFaddan is on the trading block.

Just make a call already, Just the fear of a big play RB will help. Let Ivory Bang and let McFadden out run them.

A 5th would do it with the devalued RB position
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:

Just make a call already, Just the fear of a big play RB will help. Let Ivory Bang and let McFadden out run them.

I wouldn't want McFadden. He's a free agent at the end of the year, he's always hurt and it would take more than a 5th to get him.

Props to JMG on the sig
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

I wouldn't want McFadden. He's a free agent at the end of the year, he's always hurt and it would take more than a 5th to get him.

I'll take him all day, all day.......
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

I'll take him all day, all day.......

I'll take him all day but I keep seeing trade ideas for guys that are pending FAs. McFadden, Byrd, Nicks, Britt, etc.

Get one for free and keep draft picks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give a 5th rounder for him He's never had a good OLine in his whole career, so it would nice to see how he does with our line. With him being a FA after this season, I couldn't imagine his value being that high especially with his injury history.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I'd give a 5th rounder for him He's never had a good OLine in his whole career, so it would nice to see how he does with our line. With him being a FA after this season, I couldn't imagine his value being that high especially with his injury history.

Exactly, rolls the dice, the 2nd 1/2 schdule has 6 winnable games.

He would be the most dynamic player the jets have had since Keyshawn and honestly McFaddan is more talanted then Key ever was. I loved Key, biggest moment for me was when he as taking passes from Tom Tupa and almost willed the Jets to win after Vinny went down. To me the greatest performance from a Jet that I can remember.
mikejets22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame we drafted guys like Oday Aboushi and Will Campbell (who could have almost certainly been had in the 7th) and passed on a guy like Andre Ellington. We needed explosive players and we draft 2 project olinemen instead?

If you woulda told me Ellington would be available in the 5th AND 6th round for us pre-draft = no brainer. Weird.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lache Seastrunk or Melvin Gordon please.
Marion Grice or DeAnthony Thomas please.

I'm really warming up to the idea of a WR/RB or RB/WR in the first two rounds because we surely need it. Id love Seastrunk or Gordon but I have a feeling they will cost a first round pick at the end of the day, where as Grice or Thomas will probably be second round picks. Even though Lache and Melvin are better RB's, Grice and Thomas would provide us with someone who can hit a homerun and we desperately need that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
Lache Seastrunk or Melvin Gordon please.
Marion Grice or DeAnthony Thomas please.

I'm really warming up to the idea of a WR/RB or RB/WR in the first two rounds because we surely need it. Id love Seastrunk or Gordon but I have a feeling they will cost a first round pick at the end of the day, where as Grice or Thomas will probably be second round picks. Even though Lache and Melvin are better RB's, Grice and Thomas would provide us with someone who can hit a homerun and we desperately need that.
I love both those backs. I'd love for them to join our team.

[]_[] Family
MP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the notion that spending a first round pick on a running back these days is more or less a luxury, but we seriously need an infusion of a talent at the running back position. Ivory, Powell and Goodson are solid guys but nothing to write home about.

I have to imagine that Mojo will go to a real contender, I still think with a good team he can still be really effective. I doubt we go after him.

Id love to give McFadden a deal, but again I doubt that Idzik goes after someone with an injury history unless the price is to good to pass up. McFadden on a one year show and prove deal? Id love that.

Ben Tate in all likelihood is going to get overpaid by someone, not us.

There really isn't any other free agent options after those three in my eyes, it's pretty damn bleak.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: