Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hope the 49ers watched the 1st quarter of this game.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Hope the 49ers watched the 1st quarter of this game. Reply with quote

The Rams are showing a good blueprint for limiting Russell Wilson.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't let Kaep do what Clemens is doing.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We limited Wilson just fine last week, but our offense was too inept. He was like 8-19 for 142 yards and only made plays when he extended them.

Lemonier will have to play big next game even if Aldon returns.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the Seahawks are giving up rushing yards too. If we stick to the current identity the NFC West lead belongs to the 9ers again. Won't let Seattle get off the hook in the Stick.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anything about this game is surprising or anything. Seahawks even last year were not great against the run. There is one big difference with the way we played them compared to the Rams. We played a lot of cover 2 man and didn't stack the box, while the Rams are doing the complete opposite. So yeah, if we play a lot of cover 1 like the Rams, our secondary better bring their A game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Quinn with the rare back to back sacks on consecutive plays. He has three in the half already.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams are doing a good job, but in all fairness, their pass rush is far superior to ours, especially without Aldon, so I don't know how much of a blueprint that is. We couldn't generate any pressure on Jacksonville, so I wouldn't expect to generate much against Seattle without blitzing. If we do that, we absolutely have to make sure to actually get to Wilson, otherwise he'll make a big play or two happen.

I think offensively, this game should show that we absolutely have to take the game out of Kaepernick's hands (at least throwing the football) against Seattle. It should be run, run, run some more. Seattle's defense is much more vulnerable against the run then the past, and quite frankly, their secondary simply owns our receivers. The last time we beat them it was an offensively ugly, 3 yards at a time kind of game with Alex. Even though Kaepernick has much more ability than Smith, we need to go back to that sort of gameplan against the Seahawks, I think it's far more likely to work.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
The Rams are doing a good job, but in all fairness, their pass rush is far superior to ours, especially without Aldon, so I don't know how much of a blueprint that is. We couldn't generate any pressure on Jacksonville, so I wouldn't expect to generate much against Seattle without blitzing. If we do that, we absolutely have to make sure to actually get to Wilson, otherwise he'll make a big play or two happen.

I think offensively, this game should show that we absolutely have to take the game out of Kaepernick's hands (at least throwing the football) against Seattle. It should be run, run, run some more. Seattle's defense is much more vulnerable against the run then the past, and quite frankly, their secondary simply owns our receivers. The last time we beat them it was an offensively ugly, 3 yards at a time kind of game with Alex. Even though Kaepernick has much more ability than Smith, we need to go back to that sort of gameplan against the Seahawks, I think it's far more likely to work.

Our pass rush could be better but Fangio doesn't like blitzing.

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Sidney Rice out looks like Wilson gets to play the rest of this game the same way Kaepernick has had to all season. With one legit healthy WR in the WR corps.

gridirongorilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, talk about a hold by Browner.
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell was that! They should have just pounded it in 4x in a row. GAAAAWWWWDDD! We neeeded that break! Hawks looked weak though, as bad as Clemons played
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again!!! The Hawks get so lucky. They should of totally lost this game. Hope niners were watching this for sure. Run run and run. Sheesh man, they always squeak out with a win. Another game they should of lost.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Our pass rush could be better but Fangio doesn't like blitzing.

Rams got there quite a bit just rushing four. But the thing is they will have one of the best LTs in the game in Okung for the 2nd meeting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about utilizing Hunter and James more against the hawks. Maybe the change up will confuse them a little?
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the jumbo even when other teams run it. The Rams go 95+ yards running the ball successfully with multiple wideouts and then from the one they go their verion of the jumbo causing all 11 defenders to jam the line. I'm sick that they didn't just run the stuff that had worked all game. No way Seattle was going to stop that twice in a row, not to mention the wasted early pass too. That might have been one of the best chances we're going to get for the rest of the year to makeup the game we lost early on.

Oh well. still half a season to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: