Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs To the Super Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have Bridgewater but hundly is not NFL ready if moreta Declares and we get him then fine but I don't not Want Johnny Football Very overrated

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we miss out on Bridgewater or Mariota, I'd like to get McCarron. McCarron is a very intelligent player and would be a great game manager for us. He may not put up a ton of those pretty 400-yard games that you see from guys like Rodgers or Manning, but he'll win some games and protect the ball. He is also a great leader and very mature. I really like his value in the 2nd round, I see him becoming a better version of Andy Dalton.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
If we miss out on Bridgewater or Mariota, I'd like to get McCarron. McCarron is a very intelligent player and would be a great game manager for us. He may not put up a ton of those pretty 400-yard games that you see from guys like Rodgers or Manning, but he'll win some games and protect the ball. He is also a great leader and very mature. I really like his value in the 2nd round, I see him becoming a better version of Andy Dalton.

I'd rather have Glennon than McCarron.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:

You just described Alex Smith

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

QB of the 8-0 Chiefs. Don't forget that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Yep.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Ya you can say that, but any Chiefs fan will tell you that Alex Smith is an average at best QB...on a good day

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is average as a hole but he has his team on the complete polar opposite of ours. I would gladly take 8-0 right now. We dont even look like we belong on an NFL field for the last few weeks. Wait until after this week....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
He is average as a hole but he has his team on the complete polar opposite of ours. I would gladly take 8-0 right now. We dont even look like we belong on an NFL field for the last few weeks. Wait until after this week....

Ok I get what you are saying, here I will put it like this: If Alex Smith was a Buc, we would still be 0-7

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Ok I get what you are saying, here I will put it like this: If Alex Smith was a Buc, we would still be 0-7

No. Good chance we are atleast 4-3.

Im not advocating us to go get McCarron, but if we win some meaninless games and go a different route in the first, I wouldnt mind what he brings to a team. Winning attitude, football smarts, great pocket presence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Im not advocating us to go get McCarron, but if we win some meaninless games and go a different route in the first, I wouldnt mind what he brings to a team. Winning attitude, football smarts, great pocket presence

Mccaaron has a stronger arm than smith and can push it down the field. To me I compare mccaaron a blend between Andy dalton and Matt Ryan. Excellent anticipation , smarts , intangibles, and velocity to make every throw.

Plus it's rare that RS Soph qbs come out early. A lot of it has to do with coaches advising them to at least play 3 years at the collegiate level bc of the pressure of being the face of a franchise and city or state at 20-21 years old only playing 2 years of college ball.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Mccaaron has a stronger arm than smith and can push it down the field. To me I compare mccaaron a blend between Andy dalton and Matt Ryan. Excellent anticipation , smarts , intangibles, and velocity to make every throw.

Plus it's rare that RS Soph qbs come out early. A lot of it has to do with coaches advising them to at least play 3 years at the collegiate level bc of the pressure of being the face of a franchise and city or state at 20-21 years old only playing 2 years of college ball.

I agree it is taboo for a redshirt sophmore to declare, but at the same time most t-shirt signals don't start until their Redshirt sophmore years. If you look at most redshirt sophmores that declare, unless injury or a transfer derailed them a year. Most will have played only two seasons at most. In the case of these three prospects they have played now have two years of starter experience which jn my eyes puts them ahead of the curve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the majority of qbs in the nfl the most successful have been 4th year JRs or senior qbs.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
No. Good chance we are atleast 4-3

You must have forgot Shiano is our head coach, Sullivain is our OC and Sheridan is our DC...

You really think Alex Smith would bring us 4 wins or better at this point? We must be talking about the wrong Alex Smith then. The one I'm talking about plays for the Chiefs, and has been average at best. His completion percentage is 59.1.........Mike Glennon's completion percentage is 58.6

Alex Smith QB rating is 82.1
Mike Glennon QB rating is 78.0

So he is not THAT much better of a QB than our rookie, PLUS he has a run game working for him which our rookie does not. If he was in Tampa, his numbers would be worse than his numbers in KC because of the run game. So keep that in mind

The only way we would have a record of 4-3 or better would have to be with a someone like Payton Manning or Drew Brees...not Alex Smith lol

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did Cali...lol....its our coaching staff.

But back to McCarron, yes a mix between Dalton and Ryan sounds about right. He's got a bit better size than Dalton.

The one thing is he has over 30 career starts. The problem I do have with McCarron, like many other Bama players I'm worried that we've seen the best of him. Im just done wanting Bama players. It's easier that way...minus Julio, though it appears that maybe his body was beating down in T-Town

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: