Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts @ Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsorc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The refs didn't help us but this loss is on Bullock and our secondary.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called it earlier in the game.

We left way too many points on the board in the first half smh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out we actually do need Kubs to call plays.

Also, Bullock has to go. I watch Olindo Mare kicking every day here at Davidson, let's give him a call.

Sig by matthouston91
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point why get rid of bullock, he's helping us in the long run. I'm on the Marcus mariota bandwagon

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
12 catches 167 yards
mse326

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Bullock be gone
2. Refs sucked hard
3. We saw a lot in this game of what Keenum has and doesn't. He certainly brings passion and excitement this team hasn't had. But his footwork gets lazy at times. And there is a bit too much chuck it up and see what happens for my taste. I'm also concerned that this is the 2nd weak he played really well in the first half and then declined in the second. It's not enough sample to draw any definitive conclusion (and to be sure there was likely other factors in this game), but if it continues it will start to lead to the conclusion that once teams get to see him they can adjust and beat it. He needs to keep his play up through the whole game. With that said, I do love the additional skills he brings, so if he can put it together for a full game and improve the footwork, I'd be ok with him as our starter next year.
4. Season's over. This was our last chance, so it's time to start getting some younger guys some reps and see what we have and what we need.

#JDI
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is more, the Texans did what they always do in the 2nd half by going ultra conservative rather than Keenum performing poorly.
YellowSCRE4MS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
I think it is more, the Texans did what they always do in the 2nd half by going ultra conservative rather than Keenum performing poorly.

I agree with this.

In the second half iirc we ran the ball a ton and only threw it on 3rd down or only a few times every possession. We were playing keep away smh

I feel like if they let him sling the ball around a little more then we won this one.
IMO Bullock lost us this game

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we went that conservative in the 2nd half, we just didn't execute and the blitz got to keenum

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
12 catches 167 yards
brownsfan214

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSCRE4MS wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

I agree with this.

In the second half iirc we ran the ball a ton and only threw it on 3rd down or only a few times every possession. We were playing keep away smh

I feel like if they let him sling the ball around a little more then we won this one.
IMO Bullock lost us this game

Hey guys, I know I might not be particularly welcomed by any of you, but I am a Texans fan and am beginning to love them much more than the pathetic franchise called the Cleveland Browns.

Anyways, Keenum played absolutely great. This kid is a baller and I think the Texans have found their next generation at QB. But I have to agree that it just seemed like they went conservative in the second half. This game had the same feel that the Seahawks game had. They built up a big lead and just seemed to wait for the time to run out to win.

Keenum played a game and I'm stoked as a U of H fan to see him on the field. Its just a shame that a team this full of talent is doing this poorly. Hope they can string together some wins to come back.

And Bullock really did blow this game. Hope he can forget this one and move on.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. This game was lost on the [inappropriate/removed] poor, ultra conservative, 2nd half play calling.
2. Bullock sure didn't do anything to help the team, and other kickers should be brought in immediately to test for the job, but Bullock shouldn't have even been in the position of winning or losing a game for us.
3. The incomplete pass to AJ on the sideline was a makeup call for the earlier one that the refs ruled in our favor.
4. Although I really liked what I saw from Keenum, and he was better tonight than last week, the jury is still out on whether or not he can be a fulltime starting NFL QB. He's still got alot to learn and a long ways to go.
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) Hope Coach Kubiak is doing okay (most of the reports I have seen said he is ok now and resting with his family). Prayers and thoughts came from all over the world and I thought that was amazing.
(2) I think he steps aside a few games for health reasons. It was scary watching the replay and as healthy as he appears for someone of his age, he is going to require a battery of tests to figure out the cause (plus make sure it doesn't reoccur).
(3) I believe Wade will fill in as head coach for those few games.
(4) I think that at season's end Coach Kubiak will tender his resignation to get a handle on his health issues. I think the team's struggles eat him up more than he lets on. He has earned the right to focus on getting himself healthy.
(5) Once again. T&P with the Kubiak family.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game has NOTHING to do with Case....he played great, quit nit picking his footwork, hes not Tebow stop acting like he is (people in NFL Gen). He has an unbelievable quick release and when he needs to he stands strong and delivers the ball. He IMO can most definitely be our future, he just needs to keep improving. None of you nit picked Schaub, funny how you want to Case. Rolling Eyes

This was lost because of ONE GUY. Fat Randy. The guy is a joke and needs to be let go TODAY. 3 fgs missed and we lost by 3.....The offense did plenty to win this game and our defense did plenty to win this game.....Randy lost it, simple as that. Don't over complicate it. Thats 9 points we do not get because his fat [inappropriate/removed] can't make a FG. Im so pissed that our season was lost because they held onto this worthless Aggie......
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and for the 2nd half play calling, sure we dialed it back, but we kept throwing. What did you think would hapen with Gary going down...Dennison doesn't call plays for us, he basically abandoned the pistol in the third quarter (at least it seemed). Hopefully Gary gets better, but man football wise, our team is gonna get worse, Wade won't be able to handle defense and HC IMO and Dennison isn't that good IMO. Plus Marciano is a joke....ugh the off-season is gonna be a busy one.
Texans02

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I really don't get the criticism of Keenum. Despite being under pressure often, he extended numerous plays (would have been sacks with Schaub) and made some nice throws on the run. At worst, it was a decent performance. 350 yards, 3 TDs, no ints. Better than any QB play we've seen this season.

I'm not sold that he is Tony Romo 2.0, but I do think he is our best option this season. We need to cut ties with our other subpar QBs after the season (Schaub is old and done, Yates was never good), draft a QB early and bring in a vet for competition. Let the best man win.

What the stats won't specifically show you is Case set us up for at least 2 routine FGs that were blown by our incompetent kicker. I can easily excuse the 55 yard miss as time expired. But he blew two inside of 50 in an indoor stadium. And neither was a bad snap/hold or nearly blocked.

NFL kickers make those. Bullock isn't an NFL kicker.

Yes please!
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
... Despite being under pressure often, [Keenum] extended numerous plays (would have been sacks with Schaub) and made some nice throws on the run. At worst, it was a decent performance. 350 yards, 3 TDs, no ints. Better than any QB play we've seen this season.

I'm not sold that he is Tony Romo 2.0, but I do think he is our best option this season. We need to cut ties with our other subpar QBs after the season (Schaub is old and done, Yates was never good), draft a QB early and bring in a vet for competition. Let the best man win.

Bullock isn't an NFL kicker - not yet anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: