Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts @ Texans
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Colts @ Texans Reply with quote

Gonna make this short and sweet.....win to stay alive, lose and the seasons done. case is gonna have the crowd extra fired up, our defense better keep them pumped up.....BIG game this week
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet baby football! Thank goodness you're back!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing for pride. If the Texans put up another home performance in the same zipcode of the Rams atrocity, Kubiak should be gone by Monday morning (seriously I thought the only OC in the NFL more clueless than Kubiak was Brian Shottenheimer who just choked away another one with Kubiak-esque redzone playcalling last night, yet even he couldn't throw a game as well as Kubiak's minions). I'd rather give Wade Phillips a chance of showcasing his ability to rally the troops for the final 8 games with eliminating Kubiak for Dennison being addition by subtraction rather than endure another half season of Kubiak's clueless mumbling & bumbling. Bob won't do it, but he should.

If we win, we are staring at a fair enough shot at 6-5 heading to a rematch vs. New England where a massive upset would make things interesting again. Don't get too excited as we are still staring at 3 likely losses to close the season @ Indy, vs. Denver, and @ Tenn, so this is a matter of whether we are really bad enough to have fallen below Arizona and Oakland and the instant firable offense of losing one of the Jax games.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
crunkcolt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might not be a popular opinion but I think Houston would win if Schaub was playing. I still see it as a close game now but I'll take the Colts.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys have any idea at this point who starts at RB if Tate and Foster both can't go?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Do you guys have any idea at this point who starts at RB if Tate and Foster both can't go?

i would think it would be Graham, but who knows

this is the season right here. We have time to make a run, and the schedule lines up over the next 3 weeks, but we have to win this one...but its against a playoff team in prime time, and we all know how well that goes for us...

We are 1-2 on sunday nights over the last few years and the 1 win was an ugly 13-6 win against the bears, the 2 loses to the packers and 49ers were both blow outs

we have basically started this season where we ended last season, so if we can just end this season the way we started last season then we should be in good shape

the downside to all of this is that with the Jags in our division a horrible season for us still wont get us a last place schedule next year
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on another note, this could be the week that AJ goes over 12,000 yards, hes just 162 yards away....i bet he comes to play
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foster, Wade Smitg and Sharpton didn't practice today....Tate took his normal reps.

If Tate nor Foster can't go Sunday, I'd run Jones at RB

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Cole416

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Foster, Wade Smitg and Sharpton didn't practice today....Tate took his normal reps.

I'd like to see what Graham can do but I doubt they'd start him.

Foster will get the start I bet with his limited snaps along with Tate filling in.

Adopt a Texan:

Jadeveon Clowney:
3 GP sucks
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cole416 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I'd like to see what Graham can do but I doubt they'd start him.

Foster will get the start I bet with his limited snaps along with Tate filling in.

The way Arian talked about his hammy makes me think he'll need more time for it to fully heal. IMO I don't expect to see him out there or even active this week. Probably Tate, Karim and Graham.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
TejasTom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunkcolt wrote:
might not be a popular opinion but I think Houston would win if Schaub was playing...

Have you been in a coma for 11 months?
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone practiced today including a limited Tate and Foster took all his "scheduled" reps

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Everyone practiced today including a limited Tate and Foster took all his "scheduled" reps

Personally, give me a healthy Deji Karim, Dennis Johnson, and Ray Graham (in that order) with full offseason & preseason of reps and 2 weeks of practice over hobbled versions of Foster & Tate. There is absolutely no point in rushing Arian back for a 2-6 team as it was predictable that our abuse of him LAST year that is impacting him now. There is no sense risking next season by rushing him back and risking another key high dollar component of the franchise. As for Tate, this is a guy who can't hold onto the ball under the best of circumstances, so running him out there with every Colt driving their helmets into his chest is just begging for more turnovers. The difference between Karim & Wood / Tate this preseason was minimal and his health, experience, and freshness makes him preferable to Tate and Foster even if they are able to suit up. I don't think it's realistic to see either of them being effective blockers with their injuries, especially Tate since blocking requires considerable torso use. I'd rather see Case (and Kubiak) have to get Hopkins, Posey and other targets involved than more mindless checkdowns to Foster anyway. Hand the ball to some combination of Karim, Johnson, and Graham 25 times this week and I'm pretty sure we'll crack 100 yards rushing between them with the keys to the game lying elsewhere regardless.

The only 4 times in 14 chances Kubiak has managed to beat a decent Colts team has been when Foster has "gone off" for 161 & 231, Dayne went off for 153, and Tate/Ward piling up 155 to open 2011 with the doing the rest vs a laughable Kerry Collins. I think it's safe to say that Foster and Tate are in no condition for the 30 carry type efforts that have beaten the Colts in the past, so I'd rather hitch our wagon to healthy horses both for the short and long haul.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with Apollo. I'd rather see Karim or Graham getting carries if Foster and Tate aren't 100 percent. I know this Sunday is a must win game, but it would be risky to play them, especially Foster since it's a guarantee that he will be here next season. Plus we need to see what we have at backup RB and who will be the backup to Foster since Tate will most likely not resign with us. Another reason to hate Cierre Wood for what he did. He could have had some more reps this week and he would have been the backup RB to Foster next season.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that a hobbled Foster/Tate needs time to heal, but this game is do or die. Lose this game and kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: