Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What should change
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: What should change Reply with quote

While being 2-5 it is clear what our flaws are and the entire NFL knows. For years our O-line has struggled to protect or create holes. This power run scheme isn't working and will not work in the near future. Now i could name every player on our team and their strengths and weaknesses without internet access but i will describe us as a whole. We as a core our chemistry hasn't mixed. I cannot continue to blame injuries because the next man up clause is in full effect. Nfl players must always be ready for their shot.

The makeshift O-Line is made for a scheme called zone-run. Unfortunately, Mike Smith hasnt noticed that as of yet. I will do anything and everything in my power to bring that into their attention. The Falcons need to enforce their individual strengths and mask each others weaknesses(have each others back if you will.) The zone-run scheme could create holes for our running backs instantly.

Another thing with the running backs, why are we just using two? We have 5. Yes 5. For some reason none of them gets any burn. Antone Smith's speed, Josh Vaughn's tenacity, Jason Snelling's Sneller play, Jacquizz Rodgers change of pace and Steven Jacksons power running. How can you run if theirs no hole? Zone-run could create some type of holes and we could have a Saints type of rotation and score efficiently.

As a fan im tired of Mike Smith saying this team lacks consistency. It is really Mike Smith who is lacking this so called consistency. We need him to step up and develop these guys. Bench under performers like Thomas Decoud. I can guarantee all of the backups are just itching to get on that field. So why dont we let them? As a whole this team never lets anyone shine when they could. Most of the backups on defense could make an impact on the game. We have decent depth but we arent using them correctly, putting them where they need to be. Wheres out Dez Bryant like coach when we need him?

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think Mike Smith should be fired after next season if he doesn't turn things around. Same for Thomas Dimitrioff. Conditioning coaches should be fired this off season along with the OL and DL coaches and scouts. We should go back to the basics come April and bolster the trenches and get a nice OLB to pair with Spoon and get a DE opposite Osi. Need a big, nasty, space eating DT who commands double teams to free up the rest of the DL. Get a big nasty OLineman with a mean streak. Falcon filter should be thrown out too because we have a team full of nice guys, and our OL is softer than a wet bag of clothes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Personally, I think Mike Smith should be fired after next season if he doesn't turn things around. Same for Thomas Dimitrioff. Conditioning coaches should be fired this off season along with the OL and DL coaches and scouts. We should go back to the basics come April and bolster the trenches and get a nice OLB to pair with Spoon and get a DE opposite Osi. Need a big, nasty, space eating DT who commands double teams to free up the rest of the DL. Get a big nasty OLineman with a mean streak. Falcon filter should be thrown out too because we have a team full of nice guys, and our OL is softer than a wet bag of clothes.

A wet bag of clothes is meaner than our O-line.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can this franchise get a somewhat decent fan base? Move this team to Portland.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

Lol. Agree on the fanbase, but Portland fans are garbage. They'd move to LA/London first.

That being said, we aren't moving and I know you weren't completely serious about that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

Lol. Agree on the fanbase, but Portland fans are garbage. They'd move to LA/London first.

That being said, we aren't moving and I know you weren't completely serious about that.
The northwest has a pair of great football fan bases in the Seahawks and Oregon Ducks. The Portland Timbers, granted soccer, have an awesome fan base. I think a team in Portland would be great, but you're right. It'll never happen as long as LA/London don't have a team. And yes, I wasn't really serious about moving to Portland, although I would love it. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

Wait!...

Are you saying one fan doesnt know the best scheme for the team and the best way to use the team players. Are you sure about that? Just seems like youre wrong. He made so many good points. Zeke Motta to the rescue!
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

What baffles me is the entitlement among the fans. We haven't been that good of a team in history, but lose a few games due to being decimated from injuries and most of the fan base turns on the team and wants to clean house.

And this is coming from a Lakers fan.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

What baffles me is the entitlement among the fans. We haven't been that good of a team in history, but lose a few games due to being decimated from injuries and most of the fan base turns on the team and wants to clean house.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

You seriously act like injuries are the ONLY reason we are losing games.Rolling Eyes

From my previous post in NFL Gen on the thread about "why the Falcons aren't playing like last year"...

SpoonFed56 wrote:
...Our OL is that bad. Someone mentioned it, ball is snapped, and defenders are in his face. To top it off, Ryan isn't mobile, he is a POCKET PASSER and when the pocket consistently collapses, then this is what you get. Ryan is doing all that he can. NO Defense, NO protection from the OL, NO run game (stems from sub-par OL), putrid depth across the board, and the injuries on top of that. To put the blame on just injuries though, is extremely homer-ish.

SpoonFed56 wrote:
...Our OL is trash, they get ZERO push in the run game, we can't control the line of scrimmage... we are losing up front, therefore we are losing games. Defensively, we cannot generate a pass rush to save our lives, thus making things that much harder on our heavily depleted LB corps (2 UDFAs), and our young, but promising, secondary (2 rookie corners). Our Pro-Bowl Safeties seem to be having a down year for some reason, especially Thomas DeCoud. He isn't quite the ballhawk that he was last season. Lack of depth across the board is apparent. We simply are not a deep roster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

The northwest has a pair of great football fan bases in the Seahawks and Oregon Ducks. The Portland Timbers, granted soccer, have an awesome fan base. I think a team in Portland would be great, but you're right. It'll never happen as long as LA/London don't have a team. And yes, I wasn't really serious about moving to Portland, although I would love it. Cool

Oregon Ducks... great "fanbase" since 2008.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 31-43 72.1% 448 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

Oregon Ducks... great "fanbase" since 2008.
Laughing nice.

In other news, its hard to win in the NFL. Especially when your biggest playmakers on offense and defense are injured. Yes, our offensive line is subpar and teams are exploiting that by blitzing and letting Douglas and Davis man up while just outrageously holding Tony with two guys at the line (still cant believe they let teams get away with that..)

On defense if you'll notice we're lucky if we have ONE starting linebacker out on the field every week so its easy to run it right at us. No explanation for why our safeties have only stepped up against the winless Bucs.

Anyways, yea we're having a down year and it sucks to see us struggle damn near every week but there's little doubt in my mind this team will come back swinging next year when we get Julio, Spoon, Biermann, etc back and we bolster the trenches. I mean just look at our arch rivals, the 'Aints had a terrible year last year and now they're dominating again. Also, we were 3-13 before Smitty/TD/Ryan came to town and have had the most success in the history of the franchise ever since. Big picture wise, we shouldn't be too worried. We're just frustrated because we got used to kicking [inappropriate/removed] and taking names.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
FalconAttack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What should change?

Ownership would be nice.
Blank was a piece of crap with home depot and was removed from running things.
Then... home depot took off.

Now, she has rail roaded us into a new crappy looking stadium with a crappy team.

80% do not want the stadium. Too bad, we got it.

It falls right in line with the new stupid farris wheel they have down there.

Eyesore X 2.

Better hope the so called state of the art glass holds up after a decade of the Ga sun beatin it up.

We'll see, as we are guinea pigs to test it.

I have given up hope for the Falcons as a franchise.

Feels great being a loser doesn't it?

Prepare for more of the same through the next decade.

I will never wear Falcons gear again.... ever!

I am separating myself from the loser mentality that is the Falcons franchise.

I don't have time to be a loser as I excel everyday.

What a joke.

Unfortunately, the joke is on you, all of the fans.
Nobody else.

Blank is a loser, the only difference is he actually spends money and Rankine Sr didn't.

Have fun waiting on 2014. Then 2015 ect...

I'm moving on.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconAttack wrote:
What should change?

Ownership would be nice.
Blank was a piece of crap with home depot and was removed from running things.
Then... home depot took off.

Now, she has rail roaded us into a new crappy looking stadium with a crappy team.

80% do not want the stadium. Too bad, we got it.

It falls right in line with the new stupid farris wheel they have down there.

Eyesore X 2.

Better hope the so called state of the art glass holds up after a decade of the Ga sun beatin it up.

We'll see, as we are guinea pigs to test it.

I have given up hope for the Falcons as a franchise.

Feels great being a loser doesn't it?

Prepare for more of the same through the next decade.

I will never wear Falcons gear again.... ever!

I am separating myself from the loser mentality that is the Falcons franchise.

I don't have time to be a loser as I excel everyday.

What a joke.

Unfortunately, the joke is on you, all of the fans.
Nobody else.

Blank is a loser, the only difference is he actually spends money and Rankine Sr didn't.

Have fun waiting on 2014. Then 2015 ect...

I'm moving on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Laughing WTF kinda stream of consciousness bitter poetry was that. A new stadium and aesthetic value of a ferris wheel are the least of our worries. Have fun finding a new team or new hobby, this team has no need for fairweather fans like you.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: