Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On a Positive Note: Antonio Brown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: On a Positive Note: Antonio Brown Reply with quote

Antonio Brown has 56 catches for 630 yds and 2 TD in 7 games.

He is on pace to snag 128 receptions this season. That would be good for second all time only behind Mavin Harrsion's 143 in 2002. The Steelers all time record of 112 established by Hines Ward also in 2002.

In most cases concerning records they are difficult to keep the previous pace established, with this one however it is actually possible his pace could increase. The current pace of 8 receptions per game actually seems slightly pedestrian for the amount of offense he is relied upon for and that many of his opportunities are typically of the higher percentage form. Much of his success relies on his ability and skill to run routes and outwork his competition rather than solely relying on speed and gaps or miscues in coverage.

...you have a forum resume?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't come up very big for us yesterday unfortunately.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree, JPN. He has been a bright spot on this O all season, especially considering most counted on him to lose effectiveness and not be able to step up as a #1 in the wake of Wallace leaving, yet he has proven the exact opposite. Also considering Heath's health issues and his regression (yep, I said it) since coming back, he's been Ben's only really reliable target. True, he let one slip yesterday causing an INT, but he was hit directly upon contact, and in many cases, he pulls those down, but hard to expect someone getting that many tgts not to make a drop once or twice on occasion...some will feel otherwise, that he should be perfect, but then again, those are the ones that felt he couldn't step up in a #1 role either, which he's done, so which is it? Calvin Johnson, I believe, had a fumble yesterday, or maybe even two...can't remember, but point is, even the greats make mistakes every now and then, and AB shouldn't be "poked in the eye" for his, so long as they are proportionate to the number of tgts he is getting. BLUF, he is getting open DESPITE the lack of other viable options, and making the most of them, IMO.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:

Well, everyone seemed like they made a bonehead play or two yesterday.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

Well, everyone seemed like they made a bonehead play or two yesterday.

True... he's just been the one who has had the big play at the important times so its more noticeable.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Totally agree, JPN. He has been a bright spot on this O all season, especially considering most counted on him to lose effectiveness and not be able to step up as a #1 in the wake of Wallace leaving, yet he has proven the exact opposite. Also considering Heath's health issues and his regression (yep, I said it) since coming back, he's been Ben's only really reliable target. True, he let one slip yesterday causing an INT, but he was hit directly upon contact, and in many cases, he pulls those down, but hard to expect someone getting that many tgts not to make a drop once or twice on occasion...some will feel otherwise, that he should be perfect, but then again, those are the ones that felt he couldn't step up in a #1 role either, which he's done, so which is it? Calvin Johnson, I believe, had a fumble yesterday, or maybe even two...can't remember, but point is, even the greats make mistakes every now and then, and AB shouldn't be "poked in the eye" for his, so long as they are proportionate to the number of tgts he is getting. BLUF, he is getting open DESPITE the lack of other viable options, and making the most of them, IMO.

That was a question going into the season. How he would be without Wallace? I was a little worried that he wouldn't be as productive but the loss of Wallace hasn't affected him one bit. He has stepped up and has shown that the Steelers made a good decision in signing him to that long term deal.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree. He's easily my favorite Steeler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this as well. He's been money. Starting to love the move more and more (giving him money over Wallace).

I hate the offense still. I think it's holding him back. In an offense that isn't so "safe"... I think he'd be top-5 with how he's playing.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
I noticed this as well. He's been money. Starting to love the move more and more (giving him money over Wallace).

I hate the offense still. I think it's holding him back. In an offense that isn't so "safe"... I think he'd be top-5 with how he's playing.

He actually already is, just hes played 1 less game than most of the others. He's also on pace for about 1440 yds, which would also be a Steelers record.

CJ on pace for 1660 yds
AJG on pace for high 1400s i believe..

TD's is the only area he falls behind, which is probably more of an O issue

...you have a forum resume?
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

He actually already is, just hes played 1 less game than most of the others. He's also on pace for about 1440 yds, which would also be a Steelers record.

CJ on pace for 1660 yds
AJG on pace for high 1400s i believe..

TD's is the only area he falls behind, which is probably more of an O issue

Definitely is. If we had a #2 WR that wasn't incompetant in the way that Sanders is, it'd open up even more for Brown and he'd be getting into the endzone more.

Even more though, our offense is obviously significantly more hindered by a garbage offensive line. While I don't think everyone upon it is garbage, the Oline as a whole is playing that way.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
The Curtain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in another thread about Wallace/Brown, I wasn't sold until that TD catch against the Bears. That's when I felt this guy is awesome, because Wallace would of never made that catch. Brown will go for it, and he can catch 5-10 passes a game, every game.

Brown is a very good WR. Signing him when we did turned out to be a great move.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, they could stand to throw the ball to him more. They waited a bit in the Raiders game to start targeting him. I don't have the numbers to support it, but it seemed like they were throwing to Sanders more early. Possibly preferred that match-up.

No one has really shown the ability to stop him, and he's been making plays for his QB others haven't even when covered. He needs more targets.
Roethlisberger, on the impact of re-signing Jonathan Dwyer after Dwyer was cut because he's not very good at football: “He adds the Jonathan Dwyer effect. He can be the best running back that he can be.”
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown would be completely lethal if we had a real "tall target" threat that
was on the field consistently, particularly in the RZ. Maybe Moye can get more snaps.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Brown would be completely lethal if we had a real "tall target" threat that
was on the field consistently, particularly in the RZ. Maybe Moye can get more snaps.

DeVante Parker could be that guy.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap2000000272067/Top-10-plays-of-the-midseason

Brown earns #1 spot on top midseason plays. Glad we kept AB and not wallace aren't we? Btw, wallace dropped a pass last game Laughing Would colbert have kept wallace if there was cap room and if wallace never got the offer from miami he did? Never know with colbert these days

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: