Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bob Strum understands Cowboys fans...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

And let's be fair. Garrett is not a good head coach, but I think we can all agree that the direction he's trying to take the team in is the right one from an organizational perspective. The trouble is that Jerry and Goof Son's cap antics are limiting and reducing the positive impacts of those decisions. So, a strong willed coach will seek to change the way the organization conducts its business just as much as he focuses on coaching his team because bad front office decisions directly impact his ability to coach. This is why I think RedPubes is better suited to be the GM (which I think he'd do an outstanding job in) rather than coach.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well, I will be a monkey's uncle. Hell has frozen over. This is the most positive a member of the DCRA has been in - well gosh - it's inception. Excuse me. I will being doing a victory lap.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

And let's be fair. Garrett is not a good head coach, but I think we can all agree that the direction he's trying to take the team in is the right one from an organizational perspective. The trouble is that Jerry and Goof Son's cap antics are limiting and reducing the positive impacts of those decisions. So, a strong willed coach will seek to change the way the organization conducts its business just as much as he focuses on coaching his team because bad front office decisions directly impact his ability to coach. This is why I think RedPubes is better suited to be the GM (which I think he'd do an outstanding job in) rather than coach.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well, I will be a monkey's uncle. Hell has frozen over. This is the most positive a member of the DCRA has been in - well gosh - it's inception. Excuse me. I will being doing a victory lap.

Have I ever been anything but honest, T_O7? Wasn't I the FIRST person to give Jerry credit for drafting Ware ahead of Merriman? Didn't I also say that Romo's play against San Francisco with the punctured lung was the gutsiest performance that I've ever seen from a player?

As I've always said about the DCRA, we're honest. We'll give credit where credit is due. But, the problem is that this team gives us little reason to give praise to almost anyone. We're more than willing to give it, but we're simply not blessed with enough opportunity, which really pi$$es us off.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah. A good portion of the DCRA complains for the sake of complain. Not everyone, but 'honesty' not a trait I would associate with the group as a whole. Much like everyone labeled an apologist isn't happy-go-luck about everything.

You take very extreme and biting views. Which is fine, it's who you are. You know I like your posting. I value your insight when you take your foot off of the "I-must-destroy-jerry' pedal.

In Redball I Trust!
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an interesting note:

Rainer Sabin ‏@RainerSabinDMN 8m

Quote:
Only 25.1 percent of #Cowboys QB Tony Romo's throws have gone to tight ends -- the lowest percentage since '06. So much for 12 personnel.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:

Quote:
Only 25.1 percent of #Cowboys QB Tony Romo's throws have gone to tight ends -- the lowest percentage since '06. So much for 12 personnel.

Yeah. It's been weird. The whole draft was weird, honestly. It was almost as if the Coaches (coordinator/position) didn't given any input prior to the draft board. If they did, I doubt Floyd would have been so high.

Now the 12 package could be a byproduct of Williams playing so exceptionally well early on.

In Redball I Trust!
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Quote:

Yeah. It's been weird. The whole draft was weird, honestly. It was almost as if the Coaches (coordinator/position) didn't given any input prior to the draft board. If they did, I doubt Floyd would have been so high.

Now the 12 package could be a byproduct of Williams playing so exceptionally well early on.

I think you nailed it right there. No one really expected Williams to play as well as he has. Our coaches probably assumed that he would start off slowly, like pretty much every other rookie WR in the last decade. They also probably thought that Pablo would be able to create mismatches. The exact opposite has been true, thereby making our 2nd round pick look even more foolish than it did when it happened.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Quote:

The the problem with the 12 has nothing to do with the success of Williams. Williams would be on the field in 11, 12 or 21 because he plays on the outside not the slot. It has everything to do with Hannah/Escobar's inability to run block effectively. The whole purpose of the 12 is have a second TE who is more more of a receiving threat than a FB yet is bigger than LBs and should be able to take care of business in the run game. If the TEs don't take care of business in the run game, the scheme is flawed. It basically comes down to... if you must throw the ball anyway, who is the better receiving option Beasley (Austin when healthy) or Hannah/Escobar? Well, Beasley is the better receiving option because he get open much faster.

htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Quote:

The the problem with the 12 has nothing to do with the success of Williams. Williams would be on the field in 11, 12 or 21 because he plays on the outside not the slot. It has everything to do with Hannah/Escobar's inability to run block effectively. The whole purpose of the 12 is have a second TE who is more more of a receiving threat than a FB yet is bigger than LBs and should be able to take care of business in the run game. If the TEs don't take care of business in the run game, the scheme is flawed. It basically comes down to... if you must throw the ball anyway, who is the better receiving option Beasley (Austin when healthy) or Hannah/Escobar? Well, Beasley is the better receiving option because he get open much faster.

Beasley is always the right answer.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Quote:

True.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Quote:

Which is fine, but then Smith would be on the field more. It's just weird. I think the strength of this team is the 11 package, so I am okay with it. It's just odd to be told one thing, only to see the fruits of another tree coming to fruition.

In Redball I Trust!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Quote:

Beasley is The Truth.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: