Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Khaseem Greene the likely replacement for Briggs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Khaseem Greene the likely replacement for Briggs Reply with quote

Quote:
Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman indicated on Monday the club plans to give rookie Khaseem Greene the first opportunity to replace starting weakside linebacker Lance Briggs.

“We’re working at it,” Trestman said. “Khaseem wil certainly get a very good look here (as the) No. 1 and we’ve got Jerry, we’ve got Blake, and we just brought in Grant. But we’ll start with Khaseem and we’ll see how the week goes. We’ve got a long way to go before we get started.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4687543/greene-the-likely-replacement-for-briggs

Wasn't sure if this would be the case with Costanzo coming in against the Redskins but certainly hope it is Greene. No better chance to see what these rookies have got than now with all the injuries.
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing Greene play if he does start…dude is turnover machine…he will make rookie mistakes but I can see him turning the ball over too.
G08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He plays a little reckless and has a propensity to hit high... might have a couple more personal fouls under his belt Monday night (not that I'd complain if it knocked Rodgers out of the league) Twisted Evil

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
He plays a little reckless and has a propensity to hit high... might have a couple more personal fouls under his belt Monday night (not that I'd complain if it knocked Rodgers out of the league) Twisted Evil

You guys might actually have a chance to beat us if that happened.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Sadly, I don't think so.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Sadly, I don't think so.
Oh if they lost ARod, they would be in contention for worst team in the NFL. Their roster right now is every bit as decimated as ours. Rodgers is a great eraser.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Sadly, I don't think so.
Oh if they lost ARod, they would be in contention for worst team in the NFL. Their roster right now is every bit as decimated as ours. Rodgers is a great eraser.

Yeah without ARod they would be in a much worst case scenario than us.
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Sadly, I don't think so.

On offense sure, but their defense is pretty solid this year especially against the run.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Sadly, I don't think so.

On offense sure, but their defense is pretty solid this year especially against the run.

Their D is good against the run because on most occasions teams are having to play from behind because Rodgers and co have put up points and have to pass more to catch up…you take Rodgers away from the Packers and they struggle way more than we do without Cutler.
mikee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a lot of faith that Greene is ready to start in the NFL.

He was very raw coming out of school and I saw nothing in the preseason to make me think that he was up to speed with the level of competition yet. A undersized front seven guy needs to play smart and fast in order to overcome the strength disadvantage against NFL lineman and fullbacks. Greene is not quick enough in diagnosing plays at this point to utilize his athleticism consisently. I'm afraid he is going to be put on skates multiple times this week against the Pack and I am expecting Lacy and/or Starks to make him look silly at least once.

He was a solid pick in the 4th round and is a potential long term replacement for Briggs in a couple of years, but he is seeing the field way earlier than he should. Ideal world, Greene would have been able to redshirt this season. Hopefully Grant can get up to speed by next week's game.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikee wrote:
I don't have a lot of faith that Greene is ready to start in the NFL.

He was very raw coming out of school and I saw nothing in the preseason to make me think that he was up to speed with the level of competition yet. A undersized front seven guy needs to play smart and fast in order to overcome the strength disadvantage against NFL lineman and fullbacks. Greene is not quick enough in diagnosing plays at this point to utilize his athleticism consisently. I'm afraid he is going to be put on skates multiple times this week against the Pack and I am expecting Lacy and/or Starks to make him look silly at least once.

He was a solid pick in the 4th round and is a potential long term replacement for Briggs in a couple of years, but he is seeing the field way earlier than he should. Ideal world, Greene would have been able to redshirt this season. Hopefully Grant can get up to speed by next week's game.

Greene isn’t undersized…he’s 6-1” 241lbs and played real fast in college…he will make mistakes as a rookie when it comes to diagnosing plays but that is too be expected…as much as it would have been ideal for him to sit for a year or two I think he can come in and do a solid job…he obviously isn’t going to be Briggs but he has enough talent to be solid early.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Sadly, I don't think so.

Their D is good against the run because on most occasions teams are having to play from behind because Rodgers and co have put up points and have to pass more to catch up…you take Rodgers away from the Packers and they struggle way more than we do without Cutler.

The defense is 6th in the league in yards per carry, 4th in the league in yards per game. 8th in run defense according to football outsiders DVOA, and that's a low estimate because we haven't forced fumbles. They have our defensive line ranked 8th overall, 7th in stuffs, only 23rd in short yardage situations. They have our LBs ranked 9th. The run defense is very good.

The defense as a whole keeps getting screwed in the blowouts. Capers decides we're going to sit back in prevent and it kills our stats as team's attempt to make the score look more respectable.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Sadly, I don't think so.

The defense is 6th in the league in yards per carry, 4th in the league in yards per game. 8th in run defense according to football outsiders DVOA, and that's a low estimate because we haven't forced fumbles. They have our defensive line ranked 8th overall, 7th in stuffs, only 23rd in short yardage situations. They have our LBs ranked 9th. The run defense is very good.

The defense as a whole keeps getting screwed in the blowouts. Capers decides we're going to sit back in prevent and it kills our stats as team's attempt to make the score look more respectable.

They have also only been ran at 158 times this season...or the 3rd least amount in the NFL...as I said teams can't run the ball much because they need to keep up with the scoring.
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Sadly, I don't think so.

They have also only been ran at 158 times this season...or the 3rd least amount in the NFL...as I said teams can't run the ball much because they need to keep up with the scoring.

Great stat! Overall the above poster seems to be cherry picking certain stats on total defense they seem to be right around the Bears (i may be wrong on the latest)
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Sadly, I don't think so.

I guess I don't understand how that stat contradicts my point. Teams aren't running on the Packers doesn't mean the Packers can't stop the run. By every statistical measure, the Packers CAN stop the run.

Teams choose not to run the ball for a bunch of reasons, they think they can do better throwing, they can't afford to run the ball with the clock, or down and distance makes it not smart. The best way to stop a team from running short of getting a big lead, is to stop them on first down so they can't run on 2nd down without avoiding 3rd and long.

So far, the Packers have done both. That's why that number is so low.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: