Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Maualuga out;Hall to IR;JK Promoted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Idk why we keep so many WRs. Gresham and Eifert could fill the role of a 5th receiver just fine. We are hurting at LB really bad, why not bring in another guy who can actually see the field
The coaches probably feel that the 6th WR brings more to the team than a FA LB who's never been in the system. And they're probably right.

MrCincinnati wrote:
I've noticed Boley play more on the defense than Vinnie has so far.
I'm pretty sure Boley played his first defensive snap in the last game after Rey went out. But at the same time, i can't remember V. Rey playing any snaps so far. So...screwed either way. Laughing

Taylor Mays to IR today. Shame, dude has played much better this season. I'm guessing Hawkins gets the promotion.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
The team is obviously not gonna sign anyone else now that Schaffer has been promoted. If they were though, the first guy that comes to my mind is Takeo Spikes. Despite his age, hes been a workhorse for several years. Have him finish his career with the team he started out with.

No thanks to takeo. He wanted out. He's gone. No sense rehashing it. besides, he still hasn't been to the playoffs, right, so why jinx it?

Well can you blame him for wanting out? The team was a complete joke at the time. They aren't anymore. I'm sure him as well as some of these other veteran's on the market would love to come back now.

Even T.J Houshmanzadeh admitted that he was an idiot for leaving cincinnati
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
The team is obviously not gonna sign anyone else now that Schaffer has been promoted. If they were though, the first guy that comes to my mind is Takeo Spikes. Despite his age, hes been a workhorse for several years. Have him finish his career with the team he started out with.

No thanks to takeo. He wanted out. He's gone. No sense rehashing it. besides, he still hasn't been to the playoffs, right, so why jinx it?

Well can you blame him for wanting out? The team was a complete joke at the time. They aren't anymore. I'm sure him as well as some of these other veteran's on the market would love to come back now.

Even T.J Houshmanzadeh admitted that he was an idiot for leaving cincinnati

Yes, I can. Marvin had just been hired and brought in new faces. he asked Takeo to be the leader of the new start and he balked.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In two moves that were widely expected before Thursday's game (8:25 p.m.-Cincinnati's Channel 5) in Miami, the Bengals activated wide receiver Andrew Hawkins from the injured reserve-recall list and the NFL named quarterback Andy Dalton AFC Offensive Player of the Month.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Hawkins-tapped-Dalton-named/1d9ff716-4c4c-49ad-8cf8-d7bec388251f

BABY HAWK IS BACK!!!!
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
In two moves that were widely expected before Thursday's game (8:25 p.m.-Cincinnati's Channel 5) in Miami, the Bengals activated wide receiver Andrew Hawkins from the injured reserve-recall list and the NFL named quarterback Andy Dalton AFC Offensive Player of the Month.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Hawkins-tapped-Dalton-named/1d9ff716-4c4c-49ad-8cf8-d7bec388251f

BABY HAWK IS BACK!!!!

Hooray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming over from Raider Nation but even moreso as a Trojan Fan (and to a degree, a fantasy football player). Is it true that Maualuga is coming back this week? I thought he was playing well before his injury and wanted to see if there was any news regarding his comeback. I had also picked up Vincent Rey in my fantasy league and he was tearing it up in the stats department but I think if Maualuga comes back, Vincent suddenly goes back to the bench. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
Coming over from Raider Nation but even moreso as a Trojan Fan (and to a degree, a fantasy football player). Is it true that Maualuga is coming back this week? I thought he was playing well before his injury and wanted to see if there was any news regarding his comeback. I had also picked up Vincent Rey in my fantasy league and he was tearing it up in the stats department but I think if Maualuga comes back, Vincent suddenly goes back to the bench. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance

You are most likely correct

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanTHEtrojan wrote:

Vinnie Rey has been playing well; some may well argue he has played better than Maualuga.

I wouldn't think Maualuga necessarily comes back and takes all the snaps in the middle, they may well ease RM back in,

Some may also argue that Vinnie may be better at tracking the likes of Gates on Sunday in SD than RM. We may well see RM in on 1 & 2D, and Vinnie in on 3D.
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight. I grew up a Raiders fan but Ive found myself rooting for Cincy a lot over the years because somehow, a lot of my Trojans end up playing there after their college careers are over (Carson Palmer, Frostee Rucker, Taylor Mays, Rey Maualuga, and Im sure there are more that are slipping my mind), and Ill be especially rooting for you guys when you play the Chargers this weekend.

Just on a side note, what changed in Maualuga this year that made him a better player. I remember a couple years ago, coming onto this forum and seeing people calling for his job (and his head in some cases) but this year, all Ive heard is praise for the guy. I dont catch many Bengals' games here on the west coast so it's hard for me to make observations on my own. Also, I see this guy who goes undrafted named Vincent Rey from Duke and in limited time, all he does is get like 15 total tackles a game, with an int and 3 sacks in one of those games. How the heck does this guy go undrafted and then even after he produces, not get playing time? Thanks again guys. GL on Sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: