Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Maualuga out;Hall to IR;JK Promoted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so it happened:

Quote:
Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates 17m
#Bengals placed CB Leon Hall on injured reserve and signed LB J.K. Schaffer from the practice squad. Released DE DeQuin Evans.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I'm gonna assume that Burfict moves to the middle for the time being, and either Vinnie Rey or Boley takes one of the outside spots. My guess is they go with Boley because of his experience. Vinnie might of been with the team longer, but I've noticed Boley play more on the defense than Vinnie has so far.

I think we all think Burfict is better suited to the middle, but I just don't see them moving Burfict away from WILL, he has been absolutely terrific calling the game from WILL, just don't see them moving him.

I reckon they'd go find another MLB off the street than move Burfict.

Whats Dhani Jones doin' these days ?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:

Why? Are you in the market for a bowtie?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Fragel79 1m
Grateful for my experience in Cincinnati, but I am very excited about my new opportunity as a Cleveland Brown!

Browns stole Fragel. Damn it...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the division is looking for an inside scoop. The ravens signed Bernard Scott the other day.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
During an interview with the Miami press in preparation for this week's game against the Miami Dolphins, Geno Atkins admitted that he was playing through knee issues.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/injury/2013/10/29/5043660/bengals-dt-geno-atkins-dealt-with-knee-issues

Makes sense...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
@Fragel79 1m
Grateful for my experience in Cincinnati, but I am very excited about my new opportunity as a Cleveland Brown!

No!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Idk why we keep so many WRs. Gresham and Eifert could fill the role of a 5th receiver just fine. We are hurting at LB really bad, why not bring in another guy who can actually see the field
The coaches probably feel that the 6th WR brings more to the team than a FA LB who's never been in the system. And they're probably right.

MrCincinnati wrote:
I've noticed Boley play more on the defense than Vinnie has so far.
I'm pretty sure Boley played his first defensive snap in the last game after Rey went out. But at the same time, i can't remember V. Rey playing any snaps so far. So...screwed either way. Laughing

When Burfict or Maualuga got hurt in one of those games eariler this year (not week 1) I'm pretty sure I might of saw Boley come in IDK.

The team isnt screwed yet. The LB's aren't exactly the cornerstone on the team. Now its time to see if Vinnie Rey can shine. Boley might not play this week it looks like, and Rey has showed some promise at times.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
I'm gonna assume that Burfict moves to the middle for the time being, and either Vinnie Rey or Boley takes one of the outside spots. My guess is they go with Boley because of his experience. Vinnie might of been with the team longer, but I've noticed Boley play more on the defense than Vinnie has so far.

I think we all think Burfict is better suited to the middle, but I just don't see them moving Burfict away from WILL, he has been absolutely terrific calling the game from WILL, just don't see them moving him.

I reckon they'd go find another MLB off the street than move Burfict.

Burfict has been a tackling machine all year. Putting him in the middle for a little bit wont hurt. You cant rely on a guy like Vinnie Rey who only had 1 career start to take over one of the most important positions on the defense. Putting Vinnie is the right move for now.

The team is obviously not gonna sign anyone else now that Schaffer has been promoted. If they were though, the first guy that comes to my mind is Takeo Spikes. Despite his age, hes been a workhorse for several years. Have him finish his career with the team he started out with.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
The team is obviously not gonna sign anyone else now that Schaffer has been promoted. If they were though, the first guy that comes to my mind is Takeo Spikes. Despite his age, hes been a workhorse for several years. Have him finish his career with the team he started out with.

No thanks to takeo. He wanted out. He's gone. No sense rehashing it. besides, he still hasn't been to the playoffs, right, so why jinx it?
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

No thanks to takeo. He wanted out. He's gone. No sense rehashing it. besides, he still hasn't been to the playoffs, right, so why jinx it?

He really has no ties to the team now. Yeah he started in Cincinnati, but doesn't know any of the coaches. He has about as many ties to the team as Brian Urlacher.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

Why? Are you in the market for a bowtie?

lol. I suspect Dhani is wrestling in Outer Mongolia or someplace.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Urlacher

mmmmmmmm
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
@Fragel79 1m

That's a blow. I liked Fragel, who's up now behind Collins if he goes down ? Hawkinson I suppose ? Didn't think many of our psq guys would make it through the season.

McCalebb next ?

Anyone got Dennis Rolands' number ???
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

He really has no ties to the team now. Yeah he started in Cincinnati, but doesn't know any of the coaches. He has about as many ties to the team as Brian Urlacher.

Yeah, but he told Marvin no, so I doubt marvin calls back....ever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: