Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Maualuga out;Hall to IR;JK Promoted
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Update: Maualuga out;Hall to IR;JK Promoted Reply with quote

Ouch

Quote:
Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga sprained his MCL on Sunday and is expected to be sidelined three to four weeks, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9894271/rey-maualuga-cincinnati-bengals-3-4-weeks

We are thin at LB...

Quote:
Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates 17m
#Bengals placed CB Leon Hall on injured reserve and signed LB J.K. Schaffer from the practice squad. Released DE DeQuin Evans.

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Maualuga out 3-4 weeks Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Ouch

Quote:
Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga sprained his MCL on Sunday and is expected to be sidelined three to four weeks, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9894271/rey-maualuga-cincinnati-bengals-3-4-weeks

We are thin at LB...

Targetted return @ Chargers Dec 1 then ? Tough go for Rey Rey, he has been playing much better this year.

Does JK Schaffer get the call ?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Maualuga out 3-4 weeks Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:

idk, we'd have to cut someone to promote him. I'm guessing Boley, Harrison and Vincent Rey will probably just get more snaps. If that fails then we'll probably look at promoting JK from the PS...

theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Maualuga out 3-4 weeks Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

idk, we'd have to cut someone to promote him. I'm guessing Boley, Harrison and Vincent Rey will probably just get more snaps. If that fails then we'll probably look at promoting JK from the PS...

Leon Hall still isn't on IR.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Maualuga out 3-4 weeks Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

Andrew Hawkins doe. Guess we might cut Dane Sanzenbacher...

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Maualuga out 3-4 weeks Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

Id cut Ryan Whalen before Sanzenbacher. Whalen has been inactive most games

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. That sucks. We'll have to make room to bring in someone for depth. Whalen could be the guy who gets cut. I'm guessing we'll see Vinnie Rey in our base sets, and more Mays/Boley playing the other LB role in the nickel.

We'll be facing three teams that like to run the ball over our next three games too. Vinnie Rey is going to have to step up in big way. Maualuga has been great against the run...

As Villain eluded to, we're already thin at LB with the loss of Lamur. Here's to hoping Rey is able to come back after our week 12 bye.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Maualuga out 3-4 weeks Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

Forgot that Whalen was even still on the roster. I agree...

theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Maualuga out 3-4 weeks Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

I've not heard they're ready to activate him. They do have a few weeks to do so, IIRC. Some kind of roster exception. So the cut may not come for a few more weeks.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Maualuga out 3-4 weeks Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Yeah, if I had to choose between Sanzenbacher and Whalen to chop, it would be Whalen.

For me, Dane has shown enough to develop into a really useful reliable guy.....

Though, we have kept 7 WR's before now.....
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Maualuga out 3-4 weeks Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

I've not heard they're ready to activate him. They do have a few weeks to do so, IIRC. Some kind of roster exception. So the cut may not come for a few more weeks.

A lot depends I guess on Sanu's status.....
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk why we keep so many WRs. Gresham and Eifert could fill the role of a 5th receiver just fine. We are hurting at LB really bad, why not bring in another guy who can actually see the field

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna assume that Burfict moves to the middle for the time being, and either Vinnie Rey or Boley takes one of the outside spots. My guess is they go with Boley because of his experience. Vinnie might of been with the team longer, but I've noticed Boley play more on the defense than Vinnie has so far.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I have hated Rey over the years, he has been fantastic this year. We are very thin at LB, and to lose him sucks. Never thought I would be sad to see Rey miss games

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Idk why we keep so many WRs. Gresham and Eifert could fill the role of a 5th receiver just fine. We are hurting at LB really bad, why not bring in another guy who can actually see the field
The coaches probably feel that the 6th WR brings more to the team than a FA LB who's never been in the system. And they're probably right.

MrCincinnati wrote:
I've noticed Boley play more on the defense than Vinnie has so far.
I'm pretty sure Boley played his first defensive snap in the last game after Rey went out. But at the same time, i can't remember V. Rey playing any snaps so far. So...screwed either way. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: