Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My 1st "Overreaction Mock"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisororke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariota is a sure-fire top 3 pick. Kid has all the tools and might be better than "Tank it for Teddy". Read that the other day in the Orlando Sentinel about Jags should tank it for Teddy

I really don't like the LT's at the top. I don't view any as a guy that will guaranteed stick there. Matthews doesn't do it for me (Nate Solder is better a guy that went in the 20's) and I don't mind Kouandijo but he has RT written all over him and that doesn't help us. If you take a OL early (top 5-10) he has to be a 10-14 year starter that is in essence a plug and play. Antonio Richardson and Taylor Lewan I just haven't seen enough yet to speak knowledgeably

I would take Sammy Watkins if we pick top 10. Like the trade to pick up more picks. Don't really like any of the guys you have mocked. Also don't like CJ Mosley at ALL really. There are much better guys that aren't overhyped.

Some guys I really like: Andrew Jackson LB, Eric Ebron TE, Ra'Shede Hageman DE, Vic Beasley OLB, Christian Jones LB, Khalil Mack OLB, Odell Beckham WR, Davante Adams WR, Blake Bortles QB, Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix S, Gabe Jackson G, Lache Seastrunk RB, De'Anthony Thomas RB (would be nice to add a complement to Bell). Both of those guys are Jamaal Charles types and I'd say Seastrunk is somewhere in between Barry Sanders -------- Jamaal Charles. Seastrunk has a those big thighs and has some pretty nice moves with the Jamaal Charles speed.

I like Arthur Lynch but I think he could go in the 6th round easily. He's like a Heath clone. I would take a shot on Colt Lyerla (1st rd talent, 7th rd brain) somewhere on day three. I like Aaron Lynch DE/OLB as well but he's in the same boat as Lyerla

As much as a 1st next year sounds nice, I think this is the PREMIERE draft class and I think we have many holes and need as many picks in this draft as possible.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
did I write it wrong?

I have a QB going to. Minn; I have Mathews going to NYG, I have us taking Mathews if min picks before us and trading out if. NYG does.

If we passed on Matthews I'd be livid.

Edit: I see, you guys were commenting on a comment after mine.

I said the vikes would be interesting in that they could take Clowney or a QB. If Mathews and Clowney fall to the Giants I would have a hard time guessing which one they would take.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Mariotta but would really like to see both he and Hundley stay in school, they have a ways to go in development. Hundley may be more ready but Mariota does have a lot of talent. He'd be great for Philly but could get lost anywhere else depending upon expectations.

Dont sleep on Boyd being a top consideration and Mettenberger's game has continued to develop, funny because he was overhyped early now when he should be getting attention he's yesterdays news.

A quarterback that IMO displayed more desirable game competition was Connor Shaw and that was previous to the start of the year, he's done very much to reinforce my perception. Those leg injuries are concerning but he'd be a nice mid round pick up, with potential to be a R. Wilson type of surprise.

Bridgewater is at least settling into more of a reality of expectations. I have always seen him fitting best into Minnesota. While he handles attention well, I think Jacksonville's issues are more than he will flourish with.

Of all the underclassmen to potentially declare I'd be looking for Manziel to do so and as much as I don't like the attention he gets, he does deserve to be considered more than it seems is being mentioned.

One of the more curious preseason hypes was the kid from San Jose St. David Fales while he has some talent the hype was far overdone. Arm strength less than exciting.

Stephen Morris has somewhat disappointed as his decision making concerns seem to be overshadowing the better abilities he is capable of. Patience seems to be a question. His mechanics and arm are very good, ability to throw deep more complex passes are pluses.

Derek Carr has a rocket arm and seems to be having success this year. He made a lot of decisions previously that were concerning. I haven't been able to break down a game. Most likely his Bulldogs will be playing in the Las Vegas Bowl so I'll get to see him and Davante Adams up close.

A quarterback that has fallen far from graces to my disappointment is Andrew Maxwell from Michigan State...there were many things to like about him but he fell out of graces. I'd seriously look for this guy on the scrap heap as a potential free agent or even crazily a late round pick.

Fallen far from graces is Logan Thomas, kind of like seeing the problems with Jamarcus Russell before actually drafting him. Athletic talent ++ , decision making and development - - - , I have wondered if the coaching and scheme there has retarded his development but you cant help but question his want to improve and ability to do so as well.

...you have a forum resume?

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were my preseason notes on Cyrus Kuandjo.
Somewhat athletic for size. Concern with balance and overextending, Does not sustain well. Has reach but question hands and holds. Buckled back a few times and out of position. Not great recovery. Can get a decent base. Effective cut block. Good reach to the 2nd level. Main concern is balance at this point.

Just a brief synopsis to see how he develops as season goes and to measure improvement.

CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I really don't like the LT's at the top. I don't view any as a guy that will guaranteed stick there

I actually agree with Christopher on this, which is another reason I think the team needs to break form and look to FA if possible. I don't see a guy who is going to come in and man that LT spot from day 1 effectively. I'm not a fan of Cyrus Kuandjo. He doesn't move his well (sometimes not at all) feet when he blocks. He's a good run blocker with a bit of an edge to him, but the LT of the future and a top 10 pick?

Quote:
2:36 --- CB Louchiez Purifoy, Florida

Technique issues galore, though he does have some physical ability. I question his instincts, as well. One career interception is a red flag to me.
"Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate on him] to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”~James Harrison
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
If we pass on Jake Matthews for a grossly inferior player like Kouandijo, Ill be really upset.

Kouandijo is a much better fit for RT and not nearly as good as Matthews.

If we traded down and got an extra first next year, I would be happy, but Id rather go with another player.

I like the rest....at least the positions.
This

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mathews is there when the Steelers pick it is a no brainer. What is the pick if he is not there? Which is likely unless the Steelers pick top 5.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
If Mathews is there when the Steelers pick it is a no brainer. What is the pick if he is not there? Which is likely unless the Steelers pick top 5.

Here's the one question I'd have...

Let's say Tampa Bay, Minnesota, and Jax all pick top 3 and despite our expectations Mariota and Hundley DO come out in the draft.

Do you think there will be 3 straight QB's taken? If so, we would have a decision to make (assuming we end up with the 4th overall pick)

Matthews or Clowney?

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Let's say Tampa Bay, Minnesota, and Jax all pick top 3 and despite our expectations Mariota and Hundley DO come out in the draft.

Do you think there will be 3 straight QB's taken? If so, we would have a decision to make (assuming we end up with the 4th overall pick)

Matthews or Clowney?

It will all depend on how Freeman works out for the Vikes in that scenario. If he is not the answer then I could easily see a QB being taken. Otherwise it would be Clowney.

The Giants are the big question mark. They do not need a QB. Clowney is custom fit for their system. Could not be a better fit. But their Oline is one of the worst I've seen this year ( including the Steelers).

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Teddy Bridgewater as a Minnesota Viking.

Hows that gonna happen? Jump off the Clowney bandwagon all you like, his abilities are still very significant.

If you traded the #1 pick for the #3 pick and still landed an elite pass rusher it might upset the fan base at first but the Jaguars are not one player away and I don't feel any of these QBs are "that" type guy that can transcend the Jaguars.

kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Matthews or Clowney?

at that point, I'd prefer a trade, if the right offer came along (multiple firsts and seconds).
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Matthews or Clowney?

at that point, I'd prefer a trade, if the right offer came along (multiple firsts and seconds).
why? The team needs a LT with pro bowl potential?

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: