Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My 1st "Overreaction Mock"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: My 1st "Overreaction Mock" Reply with quote

Key Season Predictions:

*I do not believe Marcus Mariota or Brett Hundley enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

#1 Overall -- Jacksonville selects Teddy Bridgewater
#2 Overall -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Jadaveon Clowney
#3 Overall -- Minnesota Vikings Select Tahj Boyd or Johnny Manziel
Alternative -- New York Giants Select LT Jake Matthews

1:4 --- If Vikings pick #3 overall --- LT Jake Mattews/Texas A &M
1:4 --- If New York Giants pick #3 Overall --- Trade Alert -- Pittsburgh Steelers trade the #4 overall pick to the Buffalo Bills in exchange for the #10(or there about) Selection, 2014 3rd Round Pick, & 2015 1st round Pick -- Buffalo selects OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA / Pittsburgh @ #10 selects LT Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama

2:36 --- CB Louchiez Purifoy, Florida
3:174 --- WR DeVante Parker, Louisville
4:100 --- TE Arthur Lynch, Georgia
5: 132 --- DT DeAndre Coleman, California
6: 164 --- RB George Atkinson III, Notre Dame
7: 196 --- CB Marcus Williams, North Dakota State

My Logic:

If Minnesota is #3 overall I have no doubt they'll go QB. However, I believe NYG needs a LT. Therefore it takes our #1 target off our board. Buffalo I think it going to be foaming at the mouth for the chance to land Barr.

We grab an extra pick this year and an extra first next year to move back just 6 spots and still grab a Top 3 left tackle prospect.

I think there's going to be a surprisingly large # of DBs taken in the first round, but Purifoy, I don't think will be one of them. His athleticism and the chance to get AB out of the return game is just too good to pass up.

In the 3rd round I think DeVante Parker is a perfect WR for our offense, deceptive speed, good size, great RZ Target.

Arthur Lynch, to me, is a clone of Heath Miller, which is why taking him in the 4th makes sense.

With all the other DT's doing so much to raise their stock, I think DeAndre Coleman is going to be there in the 5th. Another guy, same position, who I could good be is Daquan Jones..for anyone who saw the OSU/PSU game..I think he really hurt his stock.

George Atkinson III has a ridiculous amount of speed, the guy is absoluteyl a game changer. What he's not imo is a bruiser back, despite his size. I think he'd make a very good change of pace back and compliment to Bell, I don't think he's an every down back at this level.

Marcus Williams is a great special teams talent.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok

Last edited by wwhickok on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus Kouandjio is not an LT

we don't have that 3rd rounder.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Cyrus Kouandjio is not an LT

we don't have that 3rd rounder.

Yeah I forgot. I edited it accordingly.

As far as Kouandjio goes, in your opinion he can't play LT. I do think he could play LT at the NFL.

However, I also believe Lewan will already be off the board and that it'll be too early for other guys at the that position. So, if that's the case..

I'm going to predict the Steelers leave the draft without drafting a single Offensive Lineman and they instead draft CJ Mosely in the first round.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
grubs10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ Mosely with our 1st rounder would be disgusting. I don't think he is worth going that high and that is literally one of the last positions I am addressing on this team with our first if it is up to me..

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we pass on Jake Matthews for a grossly inferior player like Kouandijo, Ill be really upset.

Kouandijo is a much better fit for RT and not nearly as good as Matthews.

If we traded down and got an extra first next year, I would be happy, but Id rather go with another player.

I like the rest....at least the positions.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
CJ Mosely with our 1st rounder would be disgusting. I don't think he is worth going that high and that is literally one of the last positions I am addressing on this team with our first if it is up to me..

I absolutely disagree with you. The biggest reason is because I think beyond pure talent, he brings an immense amount of leadership to whatever team he gets drafted by. I think he's a clear cut day 1 starter next to Timmons IF we drafted him. I also try not to do my mocks based on what I think they should do and more so what I think the could do. Because let's be honest, they rarely do what you expect them to.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB will take a QB. Marcus Mariota, Oregon.

Vikes could be tricky. Either QB or Mathews. I would be surprised if they took Clowney.

Following your scenario. If the Steelers picked 4th they would have good opportunity to trade down with teams like the Browns ( who should be desperate to get a franchise QB), Texas and Arizona should want beg sell the farm to move up.

If they went 10th ( as in your scenario) I would look at Cameron Erving at LT or Sammy Watkins ( who might be gone) or perhaps Austin Seferian-Jenkins.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:

Vikes could be tricky. Either QB or Mathews. I would be surprised if they took Clowney.

Following your scenario. If the Steelers picked 4th they would have good opportunity to trade down with teams like the Browns ( who should be desperate to get a franchise QB), Texas and Arizona should want beg sell the farm to move up.

If they went 10th ( as in your scenario) I would look at Cameron Erving at LT or Sammy Watkins ( who might be gone) or perhaps Austin Seferian-Jenkins.

I'm not sure the Vikes would commit two top-10 picks to Tackle, having taken Kalil a couple of years ago.

I'm also not sure that the Steelers won't eek out a few more wins, knocking them down to the 8-12 draft range.

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

I'm not sure the Vikes would commit two top-10 picks to Tackle, having taken Kalil a couple of years ago.

I'm also not sure that the Steelers won't eek out a few more wins, knocking them down to the 8-12 draft range.

This....dont see us picking top 5.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:

I agree. LB in the first is the last thing I want with the other holes on this team.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm postively sure our first pick would be an offensive weapon. BPA of course- watching Bengals with Tyler Eifert probably got the FO cringing for that decision.

I love Jarvis Jones as a player but he's wrong for the scheme we utilitizes our playmakers.

I don't think it necessarily have to be a big receiver (okay I lied, it might) but has to be a physical receiver. Dez Bryant's kind of demeanor without red flags.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
If we pass on Jake Matthews for a grossly inferior player like Kouandijo, Ill be really upset.

Agreed 1000%
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I'm postively sure our first pick would be an offensive weapon. BPA of course- watching Bengals with Tyler Eifert probably got the FO cringing for that decision.

I love Jarvis Jones as a player but he's wrong for the scheme we utilitizes our playmakers..

I personally agree with you on all points. I think our FO /coaching staff disagrees.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did I write it wrong?

I have a QB going to. Minn; I have Mathews going to NYG, I have us taking Mathews if min picks before us and trading out if. NYG does.

If we passed on Matthews I'd be livid.

Edit: I see, you guys were commenting on a comment after mine.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a big fan of Kuandjo, coming into the season I saw him as more of a late 1st early 2nd type pick and not a top 10.

I really didn't like some things I saw from Matthews Saturday vs Vanderbilt.
#1 He's back on the right side, don't have all the info on the reason but that's discouraging. #2 He looked poor at times vs their DE, overextending, OTG and some strength deficiency was exposed. This was just in the first half. I wasn't taking notes just previewing but like I said those things didn't excite me. I have been a proponent of him being the most talented because of his use of hands and that he is more durable than Lewan. Initially I had Richardson ranked highest because of his pure size, strength and tenacity..there are some concerns but I think he can overcome more than be overwhelmed and mostly I like his attitude. He cares and expects to win, he's a competitor.

I watched a little of the Bama game but didn't study Richardson this weekend. I have so little time right now, so if anybody has comments Id be interested to hear.

...you have a forum resume?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: