Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Year Two
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Quote:
Also believe he said everyone in the building knows what position first pick will be and they want Henne in to get 1 win before changes made
Come to me Teddy.

EDIT: Did anyone else read the second part as "We don't want to go 0-16, but as soon as Henne gets us a win, Gabbert is coming in to secure that #1 pick"?

That's how I took it, but it could also just mean that they want to evaluate Gabbert & Stanzi at the end of the year. More likely than not to determine if either is a viable backup QB heading forward.

I expect Henne & Gabbert to be gone after the year, though we could hold onto Gabbert if he shows he can be a backup until his contract ends since it's fully guaranteed anyway. The impression I got a few weeks ago though is that they expect Stanzi to be the backup in 2014.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Tugboat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Via @Jpon

Quote:
Ryan O said the Jags FO will spend money this off season, a year ahead of schedule cause the talent is worse than they first thought...

Quote:
Also said, FO is already beginning to develop plans for spending and they realize this cant be fixed just by draft alone...wont have numbers

Quote:
Also believe he said everyone in the building knows what position first pick will be and they want Henne in to get 1 win before changes made

That last bit is very confusing.

Everyone knows what position the first pick will be, QB. but wtf does Henne continuing to suck it up and maybe get a win eventually by accident have to do with that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: