Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Year Two
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Year Two Reply with quote

The Jaguars are on the fast track to 0-16 and in the midst of the biggest rebuild in the NFL, and arguably one the the most daunting rebuilds in recent NFL history. For all intents and purposes, it's expected to be at least three offseasons away from being a legitimate contender for the playoffs. This three year trajectory would follow the same as the Lions going from 0-16 in 2008 to 10-6 with a Wild Card birth in 2011. Obviously the Jaguars would have also last year as a year in addition to the three coming up.

So I pose the question, what things would you do with this team in order to get them ready for the playoffs by 2016?

The Jaguars enter this season with the following Free Agents:
Will Blackmon CB UFA
Cameron Bradfield T RFA
Mike Brown WR ERFA
Nathan Bussey LB RFA
Brandon Deaderick DT UFA
Clay Harbor TE UFA
Larry Hart LB RFA
Chad Henne QB UFA
Maurice Jones-Drew RB UFA
Sen'Derrick Marks DT UFA
Scotty McGee KR RFA
Brad Meester C UFA
Austin Pasztor T ERFA
Taylor Price WR UFA
Allen Reisner TE RFA
Will Ta'ufo'ou FB ERFA
Jordan Todman RB RFA
Sam Young T UFA

They have the follow draft picks
1 - Assume we have #1 overall
2 -
3 -
4 -
4 - Ravens, assume a middle round pick
5 -
5 - Lions, assume a late-middle round pick
6 -
7 -

Now, I'm not expecting an entire plan with every player planned out, but a general idea of the direction that you would want to take the team in. The more specifics you want to put in there, more power to you though.

EDIT: From Sabo, here's our roster breakdown going forward. Lots of info there to help.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley

Last edited by iPwn on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
iPwn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine..

I'd open up the offseason by cutting Gabbert. Send a message as to what we're doing, and he had no future with the team, so it's best to cut ties as quickly as possible. I'd also cut Jason Babin.

Our Free Agents
Will Blackmon - should be quality at Nickel or Dime long term
Cameron Bradfield - if he continues to play as he has, he's a decent backup
Mike Brown - he's earned a chance to further prove himself
Sen'Derrick Marks - He's been a solid addition at the 3-tech, and he certainly fits better here than he has elsewhere
Austin Pasztor - Continues to impress at RT
A few of the other RFAs are worth retaining, depending on how they look the rest of the year in practice and in their reps.

Most of the other guys are expendable, especially Henne and Jones Drew.

In Free Agency
I'd be going out to find more budget guys on defense. Try at 1-tech again and 5-tech. and bring in a LB or two. We won't hit every one of these, but if we target 5-6 guys, we should be able to get 2-3 players that can be solid role players for a few years. Making sure they're taken on short, cheap deals will allow us to cut ties without screwing up the cap long term.

I'd also be setting out to get a nice veteran presence at QB, someone who can give advice on the sideline a la a Matt Hasselbeck. There doesn't seem to be anyone who is set to be a free agent who fits that mold though. If that turns out to be the case, I may decide I'm doubling up on QBs in the draft. Otherside, I'm rolling with Stanzi there.

Then I'd take a swing on a pass rusher. Michael Johnson is the perfect type of player here. He's got the perfect skill set to thrive at LEO, and while he will take some money to get, he's got 4-5 years of quality play in him. Given the Bengals great group of pass rushers, Johnson appears as though he's the odd man out in Cinci. This might also be a position to bring in some of those budget guys too.

In the draft, I want to focus heavily on the offense. That starts with the obvious #1 pick, Theodore Bridgewater. In round 2, someone like Bishop Sankey at RB or Jace Amaro at TE to either take pressure off of Teddy or give him a "security blanket" weapon. In rounds 3 and 4, I'd expect to turn those picks into a starter at LG, a legitimate competition piece at C and a TE or RB (whichever isn't addressed in 2). After those picks, I'd turn my focus to the defense (unless I think there's a big bodied deep threat WR still available). Focusing more on the front 7, I'd try my best to find quality depth with those 4 picks and hopefully my scouts have found a Josh Evans type player who we can target and get starts out of after some development. A second QB is also an option in the 4th round, and if that's the case, the offensive spot mentioned that isn't addressed would be moved to the 5th-6th rounds.

I think with this plan, we can turn around and get between 3 and 6 wins in year one. Nothing special, but a clear improvement on our current situation. From there, we spend the next few years addressing the defense and some of the pieces that haven't worked out otherwise.

- Best since day one -
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retain:
Cameron Bradfield, emerging spot LT
Austin Pasztor, starter at RT in 2014
Sen'Derrick Marks, emerging pass rushing DT
Allen Reisner, cheap #2 TE, team likes him
Mike Brown, looks to break out next year, similar to Cecil
Will Blackmon, best corner on the team

Free Agents:
Jonathan Goodwin, C
Alan Branch, DT
Michael Johnson, LEO -- the big money guy, should piece right in perfectly in the scheme.

Draft:
1 - Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville
2 - Melvin Gordon, RB Wisconsin
3 - Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG California-LA
4 - Ryan Carrethers, DT Arkansas State
4 - Tyler Larsen, C Utah State
5 - Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB Nebraska
5 - Deandre Coleman, 5T California
5 - Kasen Williams, WR Washington
6 - Rajion Neal, RB Tennessee
7 - IK Enemkpali, LEO Louisiana Tech

#JDI
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna write a huge plan right now because I have class soon. But if (and I hope we do) resign Bradfield, do you think he could slide to LG when Joekle comes back? Just an observation.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back Larry Hart

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
iPwn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
Not gonna write a huge plan right now because I have class soon. But if (and I hope we do) resign Bradfield, do you think he could slide to LG when Joekle comes back? Just an observation.
It's been discussed on here a bit. I think AF was the first to suggest it. He should be given a chance to compete with another player, but I don't like the idea of just giving him the job. We also need depth on the line, so either way, we need to address the position outside of just him.

- Best since day one -
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am prefacing with the fact that the FA list is quite inaccurate. Scotty McGee and Larry Hart?! For realz?!! Having said that, here is my thinking:

FREE AGENCY:
Will Blackmon CB UFA -- KEEP. Obviously the hope would be to not have him starting, but I genuinely believe he can be a core special team player who also would provide depth at CB
Cameron Bradfield T RFA -- KEEP. I really do like Bradfield, and think he might be better suited for this zone/gap scheme the coaching staff has implemented.
Mike Brown WR ERFA -- KEEP. In the past I would go on about the potential of this guy to be great and how he must be retained. However, as I try to ground expectations, I will leave it as Brown is a good young player to keep around for depth.
Brandon Deaderick DT UFA -- SEE YA!! I think the interior D-Line is a major area of concern right now. Upgrading it will be imperative, which means the "depth" at the position is what likely will and should be shown the door.
Clay Harbor TE UFA -- KEEP. Harbor is an intriguing player in my opinion, who I sense could carve out a nice place in Fisch's offense.
Chad Henne QB UFA -- SEE YA!! This was a hard one for me. Henne is a really good backup QB to have, and he has looked respectable at times running this offense. However, this decision boils down to 'burning down' the QB position as it stands and rebuilding it from top to bottom.
Maurice Jones-Drew RB UFA SEE YA!! Whether it is the injury or the overall wear and tear, MJD is not the same player he once was. I like the guy and think it is in the interest of both parties to part ways.
Sen'Derrick Marks DT UFA KEEP. As I pointed out above, the interior D-Line is an area of concern, and so I think you would agree keeping the best interior D-Lineman this team has makes some sort of sense right now.
Brad Meester C UFA SEE YA!! As this team really starts building for the future, they really need to part ways with Meester and find themselves a C for the next decade.
Austin Pasztor T ERFA KEEP. If the Canadian can keep doing what he's doing, he could have a legitimate shot at being this team's RT moving forward. He is definitely a guy worth bringing back.
Taylor Price WR UFA SEE YA!! In 2+ seasons, this guy has played in 2 games for the Jaguars. Not really sure he is worth keeping around.
Allen Reisner TE RFA KEEP. I like Harbor as well as Reisner, and I think both of them should at the very least be brought into camp next year, even f only one ends up sticking on the 53 man roster.
Will Ta'ufo'ou FB ERFA SEE YA!! I like Pryor more than Will if only because I think he is more versatile. I also think competition should be brought in to camp next year, but Will is too one-dimensional in my opinion to be that competition.
Jordan Todman RB RFA SEE YA!! Todman has had his moments, but I think the reality is that he really is not all that great and probably not really deserving of sticking around.
Sam Young T UFA SEE YA!! Not really sure there is much of a need to justify letting Young go.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Orakpo/Brian Robison LEO -- At this point in time, I do not think an edge rusher really needs to come via free agency, given what I presume will be available in the draft. Having said that I will have them grabbing one of the two guys I think would fit best at LEO, and seeing how that ends up impacting the draft later on.
Alan Branch DT -- It make so much sense to try and bring him in that it almost definitely will not happen. He knows Gus, thrived under Gus, and would likely do wonders for the defensive line.
Tarvaris Jackson QB -- **SPOILER ALERT: The Jaguars will be taking a QB very high in the draft.** I think it is not the wisest of ideas to keep Gabbert around afterward. Tarvaris Jackson is a veteran QB with starting experience, who also has the 'mobility' factor that Gus mentioned as desirable prior to the season.

DRAFT:
1:Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville -- While 2006 was a bad QB class, let's just use hindsight and say that having Cutler did more for the Broncos and is doing more for the Bears than Mario Williams did for Houston or is currently doing for Buffalo. Not a perfect argument, but it kind of shows why Clowney should not be the pick. As for why Teddy, my opinion of him as the top QB in the class was reinforced as I watched the top 2 redshirt sophomores (Hundley and Mariota) play each other on Saturday night. Clowney is just in another class in my opinion, and is exactly the kind of QB that should thrive in the NFL.
2:Lache Seastrunk, RB Baylor -- I would probably go LEO if not for the fact that I have one being signed in FA. RB is a need and Seastrunk is a very talented football player, who frankly could find himself picked in the first round.
3:DaQuan Jones, DT Penn State -- Jones could find his way into the top 2 rounds, but I think he is there at the top of the 3rd, where I figure he makes a ton of sense to bring in as a 3T.
4:Hroniss Grasu, C Oregon -- The center class this year is an intriguing one with guys from Utah State and Colorado State among the top couple of prospects. Regardless, I think the overall draft class will cause centers to fall a bit and a guy like Grasu, who I think is a GREAT fit for a zone scheme, could very well be there at the very top of the 4th round.
4:Telvin Smith, OLB Florida State -- OLB is a serious weakness with the Jaguar defense, and it just so happens FSU has some real good OLBs on the team right now, Smith most definitely being one of them.
5:Brandon Thomas, OG Clemson -- It might just be me, but I do not envision Rackley or Nwaneri being fixtures on the offensive line for years to come. Thomas is a decent player for a pretty good team. Seems like a good guy to pick up in the 5th round.
5:Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB Nebraska -- A physical CB who is 6'2 and 220 pounds seems to be exactly the kind of player Gus would covet. Bring him and and let him grow with this young secondary.
5:L'Damien Washington, WR Missouri -- This year is a pretty good one for WRs and so I think a guy like Washington could be had in the middle to late rounds. Whether he is there at this point in the 5th, I am not sure, but assuming he is, I would love to see the Jags pick him and the 6'4 205 body he would bring to this group of receivers.
6:Josh Mauro, 5T Stanford -- While I specifically called out the interior as an area of concern, I think the 5T spot also should be addressed. Alualu is not necessarily a bad option, but depth should definitely be found. Mauro is a guy who I really like to provide that depth.
7:Michael Dyer, RB Louisville -- Dyer is a really talented player who will end up going lower than he should, given his not so wonderful past. Given the potential upside, I hope he gets to the Jaguars with his current QB and stays out of trouble.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 1: Sign Tebow.

Step 2: Just Win.

Cool
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Mine..

I'd open up the offseason by cutting Gabbert. Send a message as to what we're doing, and he had no future with the team, so it's best to cut ties as quickly as possible. I'd also cut Jason Babin.

Amen to this. I think there's a chance that Gabbert could carve out a niche for himself in the NFL eventually, as a backup QB who floats around from place to place. He has some physical tools, seems to be a bright enough guy that he understands a lot of the concepts (until he steps onto the field at least), and his captain checkdown mentality may work out alright as a backup option.

But it can't be with this Jaguars team. There's just way too much baggage attached for that to ever work. Make a clean cut, send him packing with a merit badge for getting rid of Gene Smith. Laughing It's what's best for Blaine, and more importantly...what's best for this team moving forward.

Babin too, if we can't find a taker for him at all...cut him lose. He's very mediocre on a good day, costs too much for what he brings, and you have to worry about the attitude/discipline moving forward (ie, not the sort of leader like Poz that i have no qualms paying to keep around). Those snaps he eats up are probably better spent developing a young guy or someone else with a potential future here.

Quote:
Our Free Agents
Will Blackmon - should be quality at Nickel or Dime long term
Cameron Bradfield - if he continues to play as he has, he's a decent backup
Mike Brown - he's earned a chance to further prove himself
Sen'Derrick Marks - He's been a solid addition at the 3-tech, and he certainly fits better here than he has elsewhere
Austin Pasztor - Continues to impress at RT
A few of the other RFAs are worth retaining, depending on how they look the rest of the year in practice and in their reps.

Most of the other guys are expendable, especially Henne and Jones Drew.

Can't really argue with any of that.

Quote:
In Free Agency
I'd be going out to find more budget guys on defense. Try at 1-tech again and 5-tech. and bring in a LB or two. We won't hit every one of these, but if we target 5-6 guys, we should be able to get 2-3 players that can be solid role players for a few years. Making sure they're taken on short, cheap deals will allow us to cut ties without screwing up the cap long term.

Makes a lot of sense to me. I don't think we're at the stage to be breaking the bank on guys right now, unless they're a perfect fit and likely to still be a perfect fit a few years down the line. But trying to patch things temporarily with some budget guys on SHORT deals makes a lot of sense. Best case, we uncover a gem...worst case, we get a below average starter and cut them loose if/when a youngster proves they're a better option. I think we might be in a position where a few of these 'short term fixes' from last year's UFA haul could be cut loose as well. Roy Miller, Geno Hayes, Justin Forsett all come immediately to mind as guys i wouldn't mind showing the door.

Quote:
I'd also be setting out to get a nice veteran presence at QB, someone who can give advice on the sideline a la a Matt Hasselbeck. There doesn't seem to be anyone who is set to be a free agent who fits that mold though. If that turns out to be the case, I may decide I'm doubling up on QBs in the draft. Otherside, I'm rolling with Stanzi there.

This is big on my wish-list of items for the offseason. I don't want a 'competition' for our Teddy. I want a 'compatriot'. Someone who knows the ropes in the NFL and can help with the transition from College to Pros, and be that proverbial '2nd set of eyes' on the bench.

While there aren't a whole lot of options out there, Colt McCoy is a guy who jumps out to me as a great fit. The guy screams 'team player', has all the intangibles you'd want, and seems to have really matured into his 'role' as a backup QB in the NFL. He's not an 'elder statesman' but in his time, he's been around the league and seen a lot of different things, very different systems, situations, etc. The thing that seems to hold him back from being a potential starter, is his disappointing noodle arm mostly. The physical tools. But seems like a great complement to a young talented rookie, and if need be...can obviously still play the game. Might be chased by a number of 'better' teams though, if they're looking for a backup who can still actually play a game. But that'd be a target for me.

Alternatively, i'd be inclined to go with your suggestion of 'doubling up' at the QB position, a la the Redskins (RGIII+Cousins).

Quote:
Then I'd take a swing on a pass rusher. Michael Johnson is the perfect type of player here. He's got the perfect skill set to thrive at LEO, and while he will take some money to get, he's got 4-5 years of quality play in him. Given the Bengals great group of pass rushers, Johnson appears as though he's the odd man out in Cinci. This might also be a position to bring in some of those budget guys too.

This is the part i'm not totally sure on. I can see the merits of going after the 'right guy', and Michael Johnson just could be a fit. Reminiscent of the Seahawks going after Cliff Avril last offseason to an extent. It could work, but ultimately i'd almost just prefer to roll with the budget options for a year and maybe some guys out of the draft, crappy Andre Branch if he's still around, whatever we can find in the bargain bin. Sift through the rubble and see if anything promising turns up. With the ultimate expectation that we're going to go big game hunting for a real LEO in next year's draft where we should be able to nab one heck of a player, even if out record improves quite a bit. Same approach as we took to the QB spot this year, letting Blaine stink it up for a while to make darn sure, and wait for the right draft value+fit equation to come along.

Quote:
In the draft, I want to focus heavily on the offense. That starts with the obvious #1 pick, Theodore Bridgewater. In round 2, someone like Bishop Sankey at RB or Jace Amaro at TE to either take pressure off of Teddy or give him a "security blanket" weapon. In rounds 3 and 4, I'd expect to turn those picks into a starter at LG, a legitimate competition piece at C and a TE or RB (whichever isn't addressed in 2). After those picks, I'd turn my focus to the defense (unless I think there's a big bodied deep threat WR still available). Focusing more on the front 7, I'd try my best to find quality depth with those 4 picks and hopefully my scouts have found a Josh Evans type player who we can target and get starts out of after some development. A second QB is also an option in the 4th round, and if that's the case, the offensive spot mentioned that isn't addressed would be moved to the 5th-6th rounds.

I've already mentioned at various points, that i'm very much in line with that overall draft strategy. Focus on getting that offense to the point where it can be a truly dangerous unit and have a chance to grow together right from Day#1 of our New Quarterback's reign.

Quote:
I think with this plan, we can turn around and get between 3 and 6 wins in year one. Nothing special, but a clear improvement on our current situation. From there, we spend the next few years addressing the defense and some of the pieces that haven't worked out otherwise.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

3-6 wins with a high powered, exciting offense that can at least make us competitive in a shootout, and a defense that hopefully continues to mature and develop as players grow and improve. Still puts us in prime territory for a very good draft pick in 2015, where we can address things like the LEO with a genuine stud prospect to head off the rotation, along with continuing to fill in whatever other holes still remain on the defense and offense, and any new ones that unexpectedly emerge.

Real solid plan overall, and my general plan would be pretty similar really.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so if Plan A: Sign Tebow ---> Just Win, doesn't work. I'd probably try to aim for something like:

Free Agents:
Will Blackmon, CB - Keep. Solid depth find. Would be nice to add some guys to push him down the depth chart to where he can really excel though.
Cameron Bradfield, T - Keep. Solid depth. If he can play some LG on top of being a decent swing tackle, that's not too shabby. Very much worth keeping on board.
Mike Brown, WR - No reason not to re-sign him if he comes cheap. Has shown nice progress and seems to be on the right track to becoming a useful rotational depth piece in the passing game.
Clay Harbor, TE - Might as well keep him around at least to see if he can continue to build something. Every once in a while does something decent. Worst case, he's a camp cut.
Chad Henne, QB - lol kbyethnx.
Maurice Jones-Drew, RB - Sorry brah, but it's time to move on. For everyone's sake. Go try for a Ring dude. We need to find the future at RB.
Sen'Derrick Marks, DT - definitely KEEP. One of few guys who has really exceeded expectations.
Brad Meester, C - I'd be interested in keeping him around...as some sort of coaching staff position. He's likely done, and i wouldn't be upset if they offered him some sort of very minor job with the organization where he can be something of a 'mentor' for what will probably be a very young O-Line moving forward. The sort of foot-soldier i wouldn't mind keeping around.
Austin Pasztor, T - If he can keep up his surprisingly decent progress at RT then yeah...definitely a keeper. Unless he really blows me away with the rest of the year, not a 'lock' for the RT spot...but has a ton of versatility and upside. If he wins the job, all the better.
Allen Reisner, TE - Decent camp body. Worth a re-sign for that at the very least, if not more.
Will Ta'ufo'ou, FB - Does anyone even care about FBs anymore? Laughing
Jordan Todman, RB - Don't really see the point, but if he's back as a camp body, sure, why not.

Cuts:
Hard to nail anything down at this point, but in addition to the potentially obvious ones like Babin, Lowery, etc. I think there are at least a few other guys that wouldn't hurt to release and try again, depending how the rest of the year shakes out.

-Justin Forsett. it's not like he makes much money, but he's just not very good at all and we could easily get similar or better performance from a late round pick/udfa at this point. I know, it's a 'Gus Guy', but what kind of example are we setting if we let underwhelming floaters stick around because 'the coach likes them'?
-Roy Miller. lol. We can do better for the money.
-Geno Hayes. He's cheap enough that i don't see a problem keeping him around, but a bubble guy.

I'd actually be completely okay with keeping Marcedes Lewis and his big dumb salary, for next year at least. See how he meshes with the new QB. He has some really rare skills and versatility as a TE...maybe. Confused

Free Agent Targets:
Obviously depends a lot on how the draft shakes out, but i'd tend to abide by what ipwn suggested for the most part. Cheap budget FAs, mostly on the defensive side of the ball, SHORT deals with very limited guarantees if any. Guys who are easy to move on from if necessary. I'd only really look at 'breaking the bank' for guys who look like ideal fits and potential long term solutions, 3-5 years+.

As mentioned above, one guy i'd specifically target, is:

Colt McCoy, QB - guy who has a ton of the 'intangibles' you want in a backup QB. Has been around the league and seen a lot of ups and downs in his relatively young career, different systems and situations. Seems to have really settled into a 'backup role', and the biggest thing that holds him back from being a potential starter is a real lack of physical tools to succeed. But i'd be really happy to see him as a backup for our shiny new rookie QB (Teddy plz Very Happy ).

A few other Misc. guys i'd keep an eye on at this early stage:

RBs: Toby Gerhart, LeGarette Blount, also curious to see what SD does with Ryan Mathews. If there were to cut him/deal him cheap and move on with a draft pick, i'd be all over that. He's always hurt and fumbling, but when he's on, he can be outstanding...i'd take a flyer on that, and we'd be able to offer a potential 'starting' position, which likely not a whole ton of other teams would be able to.

OTs: I'm not even going to try to predict how that plays out, but i'd be on the lookout for a potential stopgap RT on a reasonable deal, in the event Pasztor can't hack it long-term. There could be a lot of those guys on the market, and i really wouldn't mind spending a bit at the spot if it means shoring things up nicely there for a couple years.

Not really a fan at all in the idea of spending UFA money on the Interior O-Line, as much as it needs tons of help. Hopefully that's mostly a draft fix.

D-Line/LEO There's nothing there that really screams PERFECT to me, but that could change. Michael Johnson is definitely interesting, but the guy is gonna get PAID big time. And if we're gonna slap down that kind of cash long term, i'd want to be absolutely sure. Right now, i'm not completely sold on the idea. Some 'budget' options are sure to crop up though, and i'd be happy to dip into that pool a bit as a 'stopgap'.

CB: I know most will say it's a dumb idea, but i wouldn't hesitate to wave a bit of cash at a guy like Brandon Browner if he hits the market. He's obviously a great 'scheme fit'. I wouldn't go off the deep end with it, but i'd go in on that to a reasonable point in the ballpark of what the Seahawks would offer+, and hope the Gus Bradley ties swing it in our favour over a 'third party'. That'd be a huge add for our back end, and he's gotta have at least a few quality years left in him. Plus the value as a mentor/role-model for exactly what we want there.

The Draft:
1.Teddy Bridgewater, QB - Louisville. obvs.

2.Gabe Jackson, OG - Mississippi State. we need to fix the interior O-Line and Jackson has the potential to be a wall in there. wouldn't mind someone like Cyril Richardson, Baylor there if Jackson ends up sneaking into the first round.

3. An Center Man, C - A School. Weston Richburg, Hroniss Grasu, maybe Tyler Larsen. at this point i'd be happy with any of the 3 i think, in that order. it's a copycat league, and i think a lot of teams may take note of the impact a guy like Frederick had for the 'Boys and high quality centers may get pushed up the board a bit. we need one bad.

4. Running Back, RB - Some School. Isaiah Crowell, Alabama State and Damien Williams, OU would be my top picks there. Seems like a good point to dive in and grab our pick of the 'mid tier' backs. Might flip-flop it with the later 4th rounder and try to grab one of those two later.

4R. Devante Parker, WR - Louisville. i know i broached the idea previously and it wasn't the most popular idea...but i really like the idea of grabbing a guy who not only has some clear chemistry with Teddy, but also decently fits the mold of a fairly tall outside receiver who could push Blackmon to the slot much of the time. That is, if Parker comes out despite the injury. If not, i'd still be scoping out a nice outside WR target with height and/or speed to plug in to our offense here.

5. James Gayle, LEO - Virginia Tech. raw and by no means a 'sure thing', but the guy has a nice set of athletic tools and some semblance of natural pass rushing instincts. developmental LEO candidate.

5D. Marcel Jensen, TE - Fresno State. i don't really understand the way he is used (or underutilized) at fresno state, but from what i've seen...he's a very large human being with a pretty surprisingly solid all around TE skillset and pretty good hands. not the flashiest 'jimmy graham style split him out always' style TE prospect, but seems like a potentially solid weapon nonetheless.

5Comp. Antionio Andrews, RB - Western Kentucky. i love what i've seen of this guy as a potential sleeper pick. he's got a ton of ability. kinda reminiscent of Alfred Morris, but he can actually catch too! Shocked

6. Toss it out on a CB.

7. Toss it out on another CB. hope this scouting staff can uncover or at least try out some late round gems on the back end of our defense.

Or just Sign Tebow ---> Win.

Whichever.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via @Jpon

Quote:
Ryan O said the Jags FO will spend money this off season, a year ahead of schedule cause the talent is worse than they first thought...

Quote:
Also said, FO is already beginning to develop plans for spending and they realize this cant be fixed just by draft alone...wont have numbers

Quote:
Also believe he said everyone in the building knows what position first pick will be and they want Henne in to get 1 win before changes made

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Quote:
Also believe he said everyone in the building knows what position first pick will be and they want Henne in to get 1 win before changes made
Come to me Teddy.

EDIT: Did anyone else read the second part as "We don't want to go 0-16, but as soon as Henne gets us a win, Gabbert is coming in to secure that #1 pick"?

- Best since day one -
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-10-29/story/big-salvage-operation-jaguars-brass-discuss-personnel

- Best since day one -
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Quote:
Come to me Teddy.

EDIT: Did anyone else read the second part as "We don't want to go 0-16, but as soon as Henne gets us a win, Gabbert is coming in to secure that #1 pick"?

Yeah......I'm a bit confused as to what that last tweet means......

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Luke1592

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Asamoah would be a good free agent pick up if Kansas City doesn't tag or resign him. 5-6 years 30 millionish would probably do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: