Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Flex games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Flex games Reply with quote

Now that the season is half completed, NBC will start to readjust a few Sunday night games.

I think in the end the Pitt game gets flexed out of primetime, unless the Steelers really pick it up.

I also see the home game vs. Indy getting flexed to the night game. As it stands, Green Bay hosts Atlanta (more like "HOTmess-ta), so that game gets flexed out. the only other marquee matchup is Seattle at San Fran, and I would think that FOX would protect that game from the pool that NBC can choose from.

Thoughts?
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Flex games Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Now that the season is half completed, NBC will start to readjust a few Sunday night games.

I think in the end the Pitt game gets flexed out of primetime, unless the Steelers really pick it up.

I also see the home game vs. Indy getting flexed to the night game. As it stands, Green Bay hosts Atlanta (more like "HOTmess-ta), so that game gets flexed out. the only other marquee matchup is Seattle at San Fran, and I would think that FOX would protect that game from the pool that NBC can choose from.

Thoughts?

I don't know where to find this information, but Reedy is saying that CBS protected the Indy game already. But i'm betting it will be on at 4 PM and not 1 PM.

Without doing any more research, i could see them getting flex in wk 17 vs. the Ravens, or wk 13 against the Chargers.

At the very least, i think a few of these games get moved to 4 PM.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the complete Info on what games can be flexed, take a look at this

http://506sports.com/nfl/?my_geo_free=US,United%20States,Hamilton,OH,Ohio,39.4285,-84.6487,45013,513,515

NBC games wont be allowed to start be flexed until week 11. Only very rarely do games get flexed at the start of the season, such as the chargers vs raiders game in week 5 moved very late, and just a week ago the texans vs chiefs game got moved to 4 o clock when it was originally slated for 1.

With the week 11 sunday night game being Packers vs Giants, that game likely will get changed and it will probably be Chiefs vs Broncos. But games that are changed will be announced only in 12 days in advance, so next tuesday some of the week 11 games could be changed.

Browns vs Bengals could get moved to 4 o clock if thats the case since Chiefs vs Broncos is the only 4 o clock CBS game on that week.

Bengals vs Chargers could be a candidate to move to sunday night as well since that sunday night game will be Giants vs Redskins, especially if the NFL doesn't want to move Broncos vs Chiefs to sunday night again depending on if it was a blowout or not

I'm 100 percent sure right now that the Colts vs Bengals game will get moved to Sunday Night at the moment. Look at week 14 and there isnt any other game besides Seahawks vs 49ers that will be competitive as that, and last time Hawks and Niners played it was a blowout. That sunday night that week is currently Falcons vs Packers for now

Bengals vs Steelers will probably move to 1 o clock and Vikings vs Bengals will stay at its original time

Ravens vs Bengals could end up getting moved to either 4 o clock or Sunday Night. I would say 4 o clock though, because the leading candidate for the final week is Chiefs vs Chargers
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I'm 100 percent sure right now that the Colts vs Bengals game will get moved to Sunday Night at the moment.

I already said it once, but it bears repeating i guess. CBS already protected that game. At most, it will get moved to 4 PM. It will NOT be on NBC at night.

futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there were no more Sunday night games on week 17 so that no teams could mail in a game if the rest of the division had already finished and it didn't matter? That might have been a drunk dream though.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
I thought there were no more Sunday night games on week 17 so that no teams could mail in a game if the rest of the division had already finished and it didn't matter? That might have been a drunk dream though.

Your drunk memory is good. No Sunday night games week 17.

MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
I'm 100 percent sure right now that the Colts vs Bengals game will get moved to Sunday Night at the moment.

I already said it once, but it bears repeating i guess. CBS already protected that game. At most, it will get moved to 4 PM. It will NOT be on NBC at night.

OK nevermind, after further review your right. There was a tweet and a photo of the other "projected" games that are suppose to be protected.

http://s22.postimg.org/jjt1f6wwh/2013_10_10_15_47_21.png

Oh and I know for sure it won't get moved to 4 o clock if thats the case because FOX owns the doubleheader that week, not CBS which means Seahawks vs 49ers is there main game at the moment.

Well I think this makes no sense because NBC won't have any other options to flex as there sunday night game if thats the case. The only other option they have for week 14 is Panthers vs Saints.

However after taking a bigger look, apparently Bengals vs Chargers could very well get moved to sunday night in week 13 if thats the case.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Oh and I know for sure it won't get moved to 4 o clock if thats the case because FOX owns the doubleheader that week, not CBS which means Seahawks vs 49ers is there main game at the moment.

Ha, that's kind of funny then because that means they protected a game that will get almost 0 national exposure.

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Ha, that's kind of funny then because that means they protected a game that will get almost 0 national exposure.

I don't know about that. That game may be deciding the NFCW winner. Casual fans may want to tune into that one.

If anything, CBS might want to make the Colts/Bengals game their highlight game if no other 1:00 matchups are that enticing. I would think 4:00 games draw the largest market shares, especially in markets without teams.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

I don't know about that. That game may be deciding the NFCW winner. Casual fans may want to tune into that one.

If anything, CBS might want to make the Colts/Bengals game their highlight game if no other 1:00 matchups are that enticing. I would think 4:00 games draw the largest market shares, especially in markets without teams.

No i meant the Colts-Bengals. I know the Seahawks/Niners will be on in the majority of the US.

Colts-Bengals might get 15% of the market, if they're lucky. There are 6 other games that day on CBS, all of which have to be shown in the primary markets. Most of the secondary markets will air their team too.

For example: even in Ohio, the Bengals will only get half the state. Cleveland will get the northern half.
-KC will get a big share of the midwest.
-Pitt, NE and NYJ together will get most of the north-east coast.
-Oak will get most of California.
-Den will take a lot of the mountain time zone.
-Ten and Mia will take some of the southern states.
-The colts/bengals will take their areas, then fill in around the gaps (like the northern midwest, northwest US, etc). But a lot of those won't be big markets. It just seems silly to protect the game, and then not really have it shown.

theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking over all the schedules, i think the only game that get flexed for the Bengals is the SD game.

http://506sports.com/nfl/

SNF that week is NYG and WSH. Den and KC is already protected.

I think Cin/SD gets flexed, Den/KC gets moved to 4:25 for national exposure.

The only wildcard there is that NBC might decide that a bad matchup between NFC EAST teams is a bigger draw than a good matchup between Cincinnati and a California team. *Shrugs*

MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Looking over all the schedules, i think the only game that get flexed for the Bengals is the SD game.

http://506sports.com/nfl/

SNF that week is NYG and WSH. Den and KC is already protected.

I think Cin/SD gets flexed, Den/KC gets moved to 4:25 for national exposure.

The only wildcard there is that NBC might decide that a bad matchup between NFC EAST teams is a bigger draw than a good matchup between Cincinnati and a California team. *Shrugs*

That week 13 game is the leading candidate IMO as long as the chargers consider to surge.

Week 11 expect to see one of the CBS 1 o clock games to be moved to 4 o clock. There are 5 of them, and only 1 CBS game at 4 o clock, and the NFL will want to move one to a later time. The Browns vs Bengals game is very well in the Mix to be moved
sparky151

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet that either Cleveland or Cincinnati's week 17 game is moved to 4pm. The Bengals game is probably for playoff seeding and the Browns-Steelers game would draw good ratings across Ohio.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all this protected game stuff may be non-sense. Chiefs-Broncos wk 11 just got flexed. It was protected.

MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs vs Broncos didn't make much sense to protect. FOX owns the doubleheader that week, not CBS. FOX will be showing 49ers vs Saints at 4 o clock still, and it doesn't help the NFL to have the 2 best teams right now in the NFL playing at 4 o clock and yet get less TV views because of FOX. Not surprised.

Packers vs Giants was moved to 4 o clock now, and to replace the only 4 o clock CBS game, Chargers vs Dolphins was moved to 4 o clock.

That means Browns vs Bengals will stay at 1 o clock. Perhaps losing that game last night could of been the reason for it not getting moved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: