Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 10 vs Carolina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VD85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So barring any suspension, is aldon set to start this game?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VD85 wrote:
So barring any suspension, is aldon set to start this game?

Maybe not start but he'll play most of the snaps?

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should use James like the Chargers us Woodhead.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be quite a game if you ask me. The Panthers' wins have been against bad teams (combined 8 wins from the 5 teams they beat). However, our margain of victory is averaging over 20 points a game.

This is the first challenge that we have faced all year outside of Seattle. It will be a tough game for sure.

Being that you guys are coming off a bye, and we are traveling out west, I think you will take it, but it will be close. I think the final will be 17-14 Niners.

Optimally, we take this and then you guys dismantle the Saints the following week out of anger. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
This is going to be quite a game if you ask me. The Panthers' wins have been against bad teams (combined 8 wins from the 5 teams they beat). However, our margain of victory is averaging over 20 points a game.

This is the first challenge that we have faced all year outside of Seattle. It will be a tough game for sure.

Being that you guys are coming off a bye, and we are traveling out west, I think you will take it, but it will be close. I think the final will be 17-14 Niners.

Optimally, we take this and then you guys dismantle the Saints the following week out of anger. Very Happy

I think this week is a close win for the 9ers and the week after is one of two statement games the 9ers will do.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes no sense NOT to play Aldon this week. Sure, he may not be in the shape to play the entire game, but he could play about 60 or so percent of the snaps.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
We should use James like the Chargers us Woodhead.

james isnt as good out of the backfield as Woodhead, but a more realistic comparison than Sproles. He's not as good of a runner as Gore or Hunter though, and both of those guys can work out of the backfield as well, so I honestly just don't know what advantage LMJ presents. He'd be best in space which is much different than Gore and Hunter but does that fit our offense at all?

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
It makes no sense NOT to play Aldon this week. Sure, he may not be in the shape to play the entire game, but he could play about 60 or so percent of the snaps.

+1. We need him out there. a 60-80% ready Aldon is better than most folks.

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:

Or we take this week and dismantle the saints just because we feel like it Laughing

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so there's a chance that we could have aldon, mario, tank, and possibly wright for this game? Very Happy

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wright is pretty much irrelevant.

I seeno reason why Tank shouldn't play at least some this week.

And it is pretty safe bet to assume Manningham will be ready to go as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound cliche, but this game will come down to big plays offensively and turnovers. This is what happened when we played Seattle. We let a long passing TD go for Seattle to take the lead, then we fumbled inside Seattle's 10 yard line with plenty of time for us to score. Take away both of those plays, Panthers win, no questions.

Both teams are strong defensively and can put up numbers offensively when they have too. I think that the edge will be coaching. Ron Rivera has turned the corner in recent weeks becoming more aggressive and better at controlling the flow of the game. However, I think Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the league. It will depend on who game plans better and who makes superior adjustments throughout the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey 9er fans. I am hearing that Asomugha is going to be released to make room for Wright today. I would love the Panthers to put in a waiver request for him. One, he could help us game plan for you guys and two, I am thinking he would be an upgrade to our secondary.
Can you guys give me an idea on how he has been playing. I get he is not as good as he used to be but has he turned into a liability or can he still be at least average?
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His coverage skills were fine, he just had a few bad missed tackles. Well, mainly only one, but his replacement played extremely well so he was the odd man out.

Quote:
Matt Barrows (@mattbarrows) tweeted at 1:05 PM on Mon, Nov 04, 2013:
Nnamdi Asomugha wasn't benched for poor play. He was injured and replacement Tramaine Brock immediately made several big plays. NA has value

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoCSN) tweeted at 1:13 PM on Mon, Nov 04, 2013:
Nnamdi Asomugha did not play poorly in three games as third CB. Now, 49ers hope another team claims him, so they're not on hook

But wouldn't a team just wait until he passes waivers. I mean I get you risk completely losing if some other team puts in a claim for him, but no one would want to pay his salary if they don't have too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 3 of 57

Jump to: