Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 10 vs Carolina
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: GDT: Week 10 vs Carolina Reply with quote

I know all games are important, but who else feels this one against the Panthers is especially important? With the Saints and Redskins back to back (both I feel won't be easy) this match-up is very important. I'll be disappointed if they lost to the Saints however, if the Saints can beat the Seahawks then I'm ok with it.

I know the Panthers are tough defensively and Cam has been playing well. Thoughts on strategies to defeat them?
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 10 vs Carolina Reply with quote

9erNation2013 wrote:
I know all games are important, but who else feels this one against the Panthers is especially important? With the Saints and Redskins back to back (both I feel won't be easy) this match-up is very important. I'll be disappointed if they lost to the Saints however, if the Saints can beat the Seahawks then I'm ok with it.

I know the Panthers are tough defensively and Cam has been playing well. Thoughts on strategies to defeat them?

We are going to have to force cam to make bad decisions. We can't let him get into a groove especially with his legs. Ever since they have decided to let him run(like kae), he's really taken off. I will say that so far this year, Cam has struggled when they have played against very good defenses(Seattle and Zona). I really think this should a very good game and close game but I still give us the edge in this game due to our coaching.

Their defense is really good especially their front seven but they have yet to play against a very complex offense like ours.

My only complaint is that I wished this game was in NC, I would be at that game if that had been the case...
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam has bad mechanics and is a total upper body thrower. Get some pressure on him and making him throw off balance will result in some turnovers. It will take a total team effort to keep Cam from tearing us up. We need good pressure off the edges to force cam up the middle where Bow and Willis will be waiting for him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Cam has bad mechanics and is a total upper body thrower. Get some pressure on him and making him throw off balance will result in some turnovers. It will take a total team effort to keep Cam from tearing us up. We need good pressure off the edges to force cam up the middle where Bow and Willis will be waiting for him.

That's the thing though, without Aldon do you really think we could bring consistent pressure?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

That's the thing though, without Aldon do you really think we could bring consistent pressure?

Maybe not constant but I think we do have the pieces to get there. I was very surprised the pass rush was bleak against the Jags. I can't imagine it will be like that against Carolina. I don't think we will constantly have people at the feet of Cam but I do think we will do enough to get him rattled and making bad decisions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Maybe not constant but I think we do have the pieces to get there. I was very surprised the pass rush was bleak against the Jags. I can't imagine it will be like that against Carolina. I don't think we will constantly have people at the feet of Cam but I do think we will do enough to get him rattled and making bad decisions.

I think against a much better team in carolina, there will be a different game plan...
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized that the after Carolina, we are at the Saints. This makes the Carolina game even more of an imperative to win to keep up with the hawks.
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the Panthers have a team that can shock you I dont look at them and see a good team. I see them as one of those middle tier teams that will shock some and and have some big let downs.

They have a nice front 7 and we all know Cam can take over a game. If the Niners stay with the run it should set up the pass and thats where the Panthers can be had. Personally, Im not to worried about this game and I think the Niners should out scheme and impose their will on the Panthers. Coming off the bye week and having the extra time to prepare and rest doesnt hurt either. The team is rolling right now and they have got back to what they know is effective.

Niners win 31-17

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
FeralSoul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense needs to be in Newton's face to force turnovers.
Arizona did it back in week 5 and they forced Newton to throw 3 int's and won Arizona the game.
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina's defense is 2nd in both rushing yards(79.3) and points per game(13.7). They've only allowed 2 rushing touchdowns so far this year. They're also tied for 9th in passing yards allowed(222.1). They're basically our defense in 2011, minus the passing yards.

That being said, their offense hasn't really impressed me this year. Williams has kept them competitive in rushing yardage, but their passing game is bottom 5(so is ours, to be fair).

This is not going to be a walk in the park unless we can win the turnover margin by a healthy number. Easier said than done. We're at +4 for the season, Carolina is +6. Interceptions are the same. We forced one more fumble than them, but they've given up three less fumbles.

This will most likely be the epitome of smash-mouth football. Injury risk is high.

Not sure how good they've been at containing tight ends. I'd have to look that over some more. We may need to rely heavily upon Vernon....again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Carolina's defense is 2nd in both rushing yards(79.3) and points per game(13.7). They've only allowed 2 rushing touchdowns so far this year. They're also tied for 9th in passing yards allowed(222.1). They're basically our defense in 2011, minus the passing yards.

That being said, their offense hasn't really impressed me this year. Williams has kept them competitive in rushing yardage, but their passing game is bottom 5(so is ours, to be fair).

This is not going to be a walk in the park unless we can win the turnover margin by a healthy number. Easier said than done. We're at +4 for the season, Carolina is +6. Interceptions are the same. We forced one more fumble than them, but they've given up three less fumbles.

This will most likely be the epitome of smash-mouth football. Injury risk is high.

Not sure how good they've been at containing tight ends. I'd have to look that over some more. We may need to rely heavily upon Vernon....again.

Difference is ours is bottom 5 because outside of Boldin and Davis who have we had? Mario should be back that game which will help having a more reliable target out there. I see the passing game being much better towards the end of the season when our top 3 are Crabtree/Boldin/Mario with VD at TE.

On the other hand I hope the identity of the team stays the same.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Difference is ours is bottom 5 because outside of Boldin and Davis who have we had? Mario should be back that game which will help having a more reliable target out there. I see the passing game being much better towards the end of the season when our top 3 are Crabtree/Boldin/Mario with VD at TE.

On the other hand I hope the identity of the team stays the same.

I would think it will stay the same for the rest of the season. Even though when we start the playoffs we should have a pretty fearsome group of four pass catchers with Vance as a possible 5 and possibly Patton as a 6th if hes healthy. We are a smash mouth running team with physicality that cannot be matched.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think next week's game will be a good one. We need to beat a good team this year and the panthers and proving to be that. Anyone else nervous about this one?
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9erNation2013 wrote:
I think next week's game will be a good one. We need to beat a good team this year and the panthers and proving to be that. Anyone else nervous about this one?

I'm not nervous, I just don't think we'll win Laughing The panthers front 7 is going to be a nightmare for us and we are really going to struggle running the football. Until I see us win a game through the air where the defense didn't have to sell out against the run, I can't see us winning. The Panthers are rolling right now; they have found a very good gameplan for Newton. So long as they stick with it, they'll create all sorts of nightmare matchups for us.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's go ahead and make this the game day thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 1 of 57

Jump to: