Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The good news dear fellow Fins' Fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pierrot35

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: The good news dear fellow Fins' Fan Reply with quote

The good news IMHO is that the future of Ireland has already been sealed.

Last meaningful chapter will be the blowout we will suffer at the hand of a surging supremely talented Bengal Team.

As we will watch the disaster unfold when the superb DL of the Bengals slaughter Hennehill just take a deep breathe and look forward to yet another beginning.

I read last week that Ireland and Philbin looked like ghosts as they were coming out of Ross' office after the Buffalo debacle. Imagine what it will be like this week for Fins' management losing a 5th game in a row in front of an empty stadium (yet again) while being exposed for what they are: a freakin fraud nothing more nothing less.

Now the not so good news, or 64 000$ question, is what will Ross do about it when it will be time to hire new people. He had it right with Harbaugh, but screwed up the process so bad that he turned off all the best people in the business.

However you do not become a billionaire by being chronically stupid, and/or repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Therein lies the little hope I have left for my beloved Dolphins which I follow religiously since 1972 when I was 7 years old and half a continent away.

My hope and first sign of a turnaround would start by an early firing of Ireland (12th game at the very latest when we go 4-Cool stating clearly to everybody available and interested that we will not repeat the same mistakes we made in the past....i.e. looking for a somebody in charge while having one still in place left hanging in the dark.

Come on Ross and do the freakin' job for once. Get us a GM which will restaure our faith in the team, and put an end to our misery as we have suffered enough. We deserve better and Ross knows it full well. My hope is that he figures out that he does deserve better than this too....and like right now.

Thanks for reading me while I get this pain off my chest.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the gm nod coach are gone I suspect the new coach will be gruden. I think philbin is a solid coach and think it's too early to pull the plug on him.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you Peirrot35 only show up when things are at there worst. I've come to associate you with the worst this franchise has had to offer.
You completely embarrassed yourself when Parcells was hired with your arse kissing celebrations. You are unbearable.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
If the gm nod coach are gone I suspect the new coach will be gruden. I think philbin is a solid coach and think it's too early to pull the plug on him.

The problem is....he's losing the locker room....it's been reported that the team is in serious dysfunction.....

If things don't get turned around quickly then I will be shocked to see Ireland and Philbin return....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have really been impressed by Gruden the last couple of years. I have watched his pre draft interviews, and allot of the games he covers. I know what heppended in Tampa, and all of the negatives he brings. But a couple of things have stood out to me.

Last season when he was on phins broadcast, he was gushing about the potential of the team. It really stood out to me because we lost as usual, but throughout the entire game he stayed really positive. During a predraft show last year in discussing the phins he stated multiple times about how the phins are on the verge of taking the mantle from the Patriots, and how much he loved Tannehill.

I don't know if any of you have noticed it, but if he calls any of our games this year, just pay attention to what he says, and how he says it.

I think that Gruden has a "soft spot" for the phins, and may be interested in coaching them.

I for one would love to see a passionate coach on the sideline again. I don't think Philbin could motivate a rabid pit bull to eat a cat. He seems moribund to me.

We wil see the next couple of games. Ross isn't a fool. He has plenty of friends in the business wispering in his ear. If he smells a mutiny, he could fire both philbin and Ireland this year.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay positive. We will see how the team holds up for the remainder of the year. There are easily two paths available, surrender to all things and let the season spiral downward or fight in which every ounce of energy of exhausted and nothing is given until each and every game is over.

It will be a definitive test to the character of each player on the Dolphins.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7
Wellesley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to fight and stay positive but what will another 7-9/8-8 season do for the team? Lose decent draft picks, stay mediocre and not really progress..

I do see potential and good players in the team. I rate Tannehill. But, a real change at the top is needed at the Dolphins in order to start winning the division and become a proper play-off contender.
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said guys. I am not a Philbin hater and he may finish strong but I just think you need a coach that shows some fire and passion every once in a while when things need correcting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: