Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Deadline less than 48hrs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Trade Deadline less than 48hrs Reply with quote

With the NFL Trade Deadline in less than 48hrs, do you guys see any Cowboys getting moved? Or how about the Boy's bringing in any player?

Who do you want to see shipped or brought in? Remember, they have to fit under the CAP that we currently have.

Do you see anybody from around the league getting shipped somewhere else?

Keep all trade talk here (if any happens at all).

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
ware94

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kenny Britt gets moved. Possibly to New England, then again, with his history with trouble with the law coupled with the Hernandez situation, they probably will steer clear of him.

I see no way Dallas swings a trade for player and I don't know of anyone on their roster that anyone would want to trade for, whether it be due to salary implications or a talent standpoint.
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us moving anyone.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Neither do I, nor do I see us trading for anyone.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere mentioned the possibility of the Cowboys looking into Mikel Leshoure.

It's an interesting thought. He hasn't shown much I the NFL, but we had him rated above Murray coming out of college. I wonder if that might not be an option if we can get him for extremely cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Whats the point....
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@RapSheet: From @NFL_ATL Live: Bills are open to trading Jairus Byrd, tho they arenít actively shopping him. Want a young player, not pick, in return

Can we give them Miles??

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the problem I see with trading for any veterans:

Anyone we get is going to bring with them a salary. Anyone we get will likely be in a contract year, or nearing one. We have no money to take on a new salary, let alone give out a high end contract this season or next.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
BloodOps

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us doing anything.

We should focus on getting our injuried, Ware and Murray, healthy and back on the field.
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being that they are already staring at being over the cap by $30 million next year, I don't see how they could afford anyone...
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@RapSheet: From @NFL_ATL Live: Bills are open to trading Jairus Byrd, tho they arenít actively shopping him. Want a young player, not pick, in return

Can we give them Miles??

To get Bryd we would have to give up alot more than Miles. Honestly with Austin's injury status and contract I'm not sure anybody would want him unless he restructures his contract. If Austin did restructure his deal maybe Buffalo would send us Bryd for Austin and a 4th that is conditional. . That being said I do like Church and Wilcox for the future and don't think safety is necessarily a need. If we trade for anyone I hope it's a DL ( Starter or depth ) or a RB. Honestly.

If we were to make a trade I would like it to be a player like DE Michael Johnson from the Bengals. That is the type of guy we need. This assuming we could sign him to a long term deal. I would trade Ware for him straight up just to get younger.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!

Last edited by Justin Hoover82 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:
Being that they are already staring at being over the cap by $30 million next year, I don't see how they could afford anyone...

30M over the cap next yr Shocked
I thought I read somewhere our cap situation was going to be good next yr and that's why we did all them extensions and restructures this yr? If we are 30M over the cap we can't sign anyone and need to dumb a bunch of players. Austin is really the only guy I think we can afford to lose on our team besides depth guys.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:

I thought I read somewhere our cap situation was going to be good next yr and that's why we did all them extensions and restructures this yr? If we are 30M over the cap we can't sign anyone and need to dumb a bunch of players. Austin is really the only guy I think we can afford to lose on our team besides depth guys.

The sad part is that a ton of people around here don't consider the $30M salary cap issue to be a problem. To them, hey, restructuring a bunch of contracts will solve that! Erstwhile, they refuse to note that restructuring bloated contracts is part of what's been keeping us floundering in the sea of mediocrity because it forces us to keep bad players on the team at higher (overall) salary cap costs due to the increased guaranteed money, thus increasing the duration of their high paid vacation in Dallas. It prohibits us from signing reasonable free agents, drafting and grooming replacements, and clearing the roster of the loser mentality guys who have been bogging this team down.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Da Boyz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:

The sad part is that a ton of people around here don't consider the $30M salary cap issue to be a problem. To them, hey, restructuring a bunch of contracts will solve that! Erstwhile, they refuse to note that restructuring bloated contracts is part of what's been keeping us floundering in the sea of mediocrity because it forces us to keep bad players on the team at higher (overall) salary cap costs due to the increased guaranteed money, thus increasing the duration of their high paid vacation in Dallas. It prohibits us from signing reasonable free agents, drafting and grooming replacements, and clearing the roster of the loser mentality guys who have been bogging this team down.

They need to just play out these contracts and start over honestly. I know they want to win so bad with Romo, Ware, Witten, but they had their chance and did little with it. Then poor front office decisions shortened their window. It sucks but that's how it is. I feel like Romo is playing his best football now, but this team is so top heavy, injured, and has gaping holes everywhere. I have hope as a fan, but the right move is to just cut loose deadweight, play out the larger contracts that are serviceable, resign lee, dez, Tyron, keep buliding through the draft, and reload in 2 years.
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe an aging OG could be brought in on the cheap through a trade. Some team that has giving up because of losses might part with one cheap. I am not wanting this to happen so we can win this year, just wanting it so we do not have an in season funeral on Romo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: