Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week-9 Bengals vs Phins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manic wrote:
as awesome as it was ending that game on a safety, Im not sure how i feel about it cus id prefer tanny of led the game winning drive.

Some final thoughts

officiating was still pretty awful

at times sherman's play calling was horrible

philbin reminds me of how conservative The buckeyes old coach tressel was. I thought we should have went for it on 4th and inches on the 40 cus i thought the defense was just too gassed and asking them to stop cinci again was asking a bit much. I also thought he should have challenged the spot of the ball on that 4th down run by dalton. I didnt think he made it.

Defense needs to learn how to tackle

The good

Oline wasnt asked to pass block much and we ran the ball enough to keep defense honest and looked good doing it.

Defense played well and is the only reason we won that game. Good thing they get a long week to recoup after this tough one.

Tanny looked pretty good moving around pocket and made some nice throws

Lamar miller besides the fumble was a stud, hopefully we can keep him going. Needs to keep thomas on the sideline more.

Agree with everything especially the bold. Yards after contact really hurt us in this game.

Our offense needs to get better. I don't know why we complete so many passes if we can't drive down the field more than once or twice a game. Our offensive PPG simply isn't good enough. Glad we got this win though, we really needed it getting back to .500 going into the 2nd half of our schedule.

Sherman did great running the ball more and giving Tannehill some breathing room. Miller was excellent in execution.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfl net is kind of annoying me, with how bad we got screwed in the pats game they are questioning the officiating this game. I i have a big screen and ticket so i could watch that hartline catch and I saw the same thing as the refs. I initially didnt think he got his foot down, but after seeing all the replays in slow mo im pretty sure he got it down. It be hard to overturn it based on it you didnt see much or any dirt kicked up.

oh and one of the negs i forgot to add. The defense needs to get better on 3rd and long, it was soooo disheartening to watch us get cinci 3rd and 10+ and theyd convert.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I know we can't play perfect ball but humor me.

Things I noticed about tonights game.

We won (not pretty though)

No turnovers from Tanney

Jeff Ireland needs to be fired (will accept his resignation so either is fine)

Jordon is good but for 3rd over all pick he should be playing alot more

Sturgis needs his confidence back.

Refs in the NFL suck and so do the Pats and the Jets.

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-11 )
65.4% CMP - 2354 yards -17 TD's - 7 INT's - 92.2 Rat /RUSH 261 Yards 37 Atmts
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:

Agree with everything especially the bold. Yards after contact really hurt us in this game.

Our offense needs to get better. I don't know why we complete so many passes if we can't drive down the field more than once or twice a game. Our offensive PPG simply isn't good enough. Glad we got this win though, we really needed it getting back to .500 going into the 2nd half of our schedule.

Sherman did great running the ball more and giving Tannehill some breathing room. Miller was excellent in execution.

That right there. We brought all these players so we can score more TDs and compete with team like the Pats. Through 8 games we average 21.75 points. Last year through 8 games we averaged 21.25. No improvement.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

That right there. We brought all these players so we can score more TDs and compete with team like the Pats. Through 8 games we average 21.75 points. Last year through 8 games we averaged 21.25. No improvement.

.50 pts per game Dude!! That half a point could be the difference between playoffs and staying home!!
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
I've never heard of a team winning in overtime on a safety!

I believe I saw it was the 3rd time in NFL history. Very rare, indeed.

Nacho Simulation Football League
DeesNutts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win. Not ugly, not lucky. GREAT. Im so glad to be completely wrong about this thing before the game.

Told ya we needed a split between NE and Cincy. Schedule is full of winnable games here!

We ran the ball amazing against one of the best front 7's in the league. We need to be balanced.

Anybody notice that Sturgis seems to struggle from the right hash, and seems pretty crisp from the left hash?
Hurricanes26

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeesNutts wrote:
Great win. Not ugly, not lucky. GREAT. Im so glad to be completely wrong about this thing before the game.

Told ya we needed a split between NE and Cincy. Schedule is full of winnable games here!

We ran the ball amazing against one of the best front 7's in the league. We need to be balanced.

Anybody notice that Sturgis seems to struggle from the right hash, and seems pretty crisp from the left hash?

Great observation, although what's more notable is the chronological aspect of his struggles, CS needs to get his confidence back.
DeesNutts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricanes26 wrote:
DeesNutts wrote:

Great observation, although what's more notable is the chronological aspect of his struggles, CS needs to get his confidence back.

Hopefully that 44 yarder to tie it up got some of that back.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeesNutts wrote:
Hurricanes26 wrote:
DeesNutts wrote:

Ray Finkle had the same problem and it cost us a Super Bowl.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
DeesNutts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
DeesNutts wrote:
Hurricanes26 wrote:
DeesNutts wrote:

Ray Finkle had the same problem and it cost us a Super Bowl.

The Mule couldnt handle pressure! And certainly couldnt handle a ball laces in.

- Fun fact. IDK if you've ever watched the movie on aduio commentary. In the scene toward the end, they show a shot of Einhorn kicking the ball through the hole in the roof of the warehouse where he/she was holding Marino. That was in fact Dolphin Kicker Pete Stoyanovich in Einhorn costume. Aparently they did quite a few takes and Pete never missed putting the ball through that hole in the roof.
Tetsuya_Ryuji

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 3 turnovers we only scored 13 points on offence? How is it people are saying Tanny had a good game? We should have had 35+ points.. our offence sucks.

I'm not counting the pick 6, obviously. Our defense almost out scored our offence. Even though we won it doesn't mean anything.. Tanny needs to go, he's not taking us anywhere.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
With 3 turnovers we only scored 13 points on offence? How is it people are saying Tanny had a good game? We should have had 35+ points.. our offence sucks.

I'm not counting the pick 6, obviously. Our defense almost out scored our offence. Even though we won it doesn't mean anything.. Tanny needs to go, he's not taking us anywhere.
Its pretty simple because Miller fumbled inside the 10 yard line caleb Sturgis missed a chip shot and certainly not any fault of Tanny and he was 20-28 over 200 yards and ZERO TURNOVERS. Also of note the offense I don't believe ran a single offensive play in the 3rd quarter again hard to score there if no ball
skatewood2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take this how you want, but I'm just saying:

- Every game I have seen on TV the Fins won,

- Every game I did not watch on TV the Fins lost.

The good thing is that I will get to see every game for the rest of the season on TV.

Here's hoping my streak continues Very Happy

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
Take this how you want, but I'm just saying:

- Every game I have seen on TV the Fins won,

- Every game I did not watch on TV the Fins lost.

The good thing is that I will get to see every game for the rest of the season on TV.

Here's hoping my streak continues Very Happy

That'd be nice

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: