Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our last eight first round picks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Our last eight first round picks Reply with quote

Dee Milliner F
Sheldon Richardson B +
Quinton Coples C
Muhammad Wilkerson A
Kyle Wilson D
Mark Sanchez D
Veron Gholston F -
Duston Keller B

Only 50% of our top draft picks worked out, that a terrible record. to be fair to John Idzik, most of the bums were drafted by Tannybum.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Our last eight first round picks Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Dee Milliner F
Sheldon Richardson B +
Quinton Coples C
Muhammad Wilkerson A
Kyle Wilson D
Mark Sanchez D
Veron Gholston F -
Duston Keller B

Only 50% of our top draft picks worked out, that a terrible record. to be fair to John Idzik, most of the bums were drafted by Tannybum.

How is Richardson only a B+? And its too early to grade rookies. You need 3 years to judge a draft pick.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B+ is a very high grade for a rookie, would you have drafted Dee Milliner with the ninth overall pick in the draft? Waiting three years for a player to develop who is a first round pick is crazy, only a QB takes a few years to develop, not a position player.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are judging Milliner way too early. If he still sucks after 2 or 3 years then maybe you can start judging. Richardson should be at least an A- he might be DROY. Wilk should be an A+.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
B+ is a very high grade for a rookie, would you have drafted Dee Milliner with the ninth overall pick in the draft? Waiting three years for a player to develop who is a first round pick is crazy, only a QB takes a few years to develop, not a position player.

No I would have taken Jarvis Jones and probably Deandre Hopkins ( I wanted a wide receiver or two but thought Patterson was too much like Hill)) I would have waited until about the 3rd or fourth for a cb.

I think Richardson has been very good but IMO drafting him has stunted the growth of Coples. Again, my opinion but Coples is no OLB. I think he's best on the inside. Now would he be as good as Richardson ? Maybe not, but as a 3-4 De he played well and I had looked forward to seeing him in that position this year.
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to early to judge Milliner but obviously he just isn't ready to start as his performance shown yesterday!
Richardson however looks like a stud I hated the pick at first but been so please with his attitude and play.
Coples is in a very strange situation, I think he could be very dominant playing DE across from Wilk but playing OLB just hasn't been himself but he has dealt with injuries and a new position so hopefully next year he really plays lights out.
Wilkerson is unreal and a clear A+. One of the best defensive players in the league and leader of the team!
Wilson has been a disappointment and for me doesn't do enough in terms of shutting down his receiver or making turnovers to warrant a first round pick but if you remember that year the Browns were debating between Kyle and Joe Haden to take one of them in the top 5 so he was thought if as a top pick.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And before that was Revis, Mangold and Brick.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Right because every elite corner who has come into this league has dominated from day 1 right? With the exception of Revis, I can't really think of many CB's that came into the league and were great from day 1.

Props to JMG on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol if you're going to grade, don't go no sooner than Wilkerson. I didn't like Milliner but I still won't fail him this soon. and for a rookie 3-4 DE, I got to give Richardson a A-. He has been a big part in stopping the run and pass rush. He has crushed my expectations so far.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Our last eight first round picks Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Dee Milliner F
Sheldon Richardson B +
Quinton Coples C
Muhammad Wilkerson A
Kyle Wilson D
Mark Sanchez D
Veron Gholston F -
Duston Keller B

Don't give up on Miliner yet. Rookie CBs get burned.

Unless they are Revis. He spoiled you.
GangGreen718

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner has bust written all over him.
I'll eat my Wilkerson jersey if he doesn't turn out to be one.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Milliner is already an F then there isnt a grade low enough for Gholsten and Sanchez.

I think Coples is a D. Hes just has no motor and doesnt look nearly as athletic as he was supposed to be.

Time to start going offense early in drafts. I want Rex to have little say in selections. Its Idziks show now.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:
You're basing that off of 5 games where he hasn't been 100% healthy. If everyone gave up on players after 5 games, Peyton Manning would have been out of the league long ago.

Props to JMG on the sig
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
GangGreen718 wrote:
You're basing that off of 5 games where he hasn't been 100% healthy. If everyone gave up on players after 5 games, Peyton Manning would have been out of the league long ago.

Yeah corners take a lot more time to develop, but hes really looked useless out there. I hated the pick fromt the beginning and still do but hes a jet and we have to hope he works out.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Our last eight first round picks Reply with quote

Dee Milliner D
Sheldon Richardson A-
Quinton Coples C-
Muhammad Wilkerson A+
Kyle Wilson D
Mark Sanchez D+
Veron Gholston F
Duston Keller C+

I understand you cant fully judge rookies yet (but for the sake of this thread, we have to).
Milliner will hopefully get better. I have hope (but not a ton) A top 10 pick shouldn't be this bad. Injuries, eh, he's not playing smart either.... good job holding out- REVIS...
Coples- uh, he looks just bad at OLB. Not really sure what we can do with him.
Wilson- just isn't that good.
Sanchez- he isn't good either, but we did him absolutely no favors the past 2 years.
Keller- not good in our system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: