Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The last 16 games...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: The last 16 games... Reply with quote

...The Bengals are 13-3. Their three loses (Dallas, Chicago, Cleveland) were by a combined 15 points and the only home loss was by a single point. In ten of the 16 games we've held opponents to 13 points or less, and only allowed 30 points once, to GB.

If the offense can keep things going, I think the defense has shown that we're for real. 13 points or less in ten of 16 games in this league is incredible, and anytime we do we have a shot of winning against any team in the league. My only concern are penalties and consistency, but these last 16 regular season games may be the best stretch in the past 20+ year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: The last 16 games... Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
...The Bengals are 13-3. Their three loses (Dallas, Chicago, Cleveland) were by a combined 15 points and the only home loss was by a single point. In ten of the 16 games we've held opponents to 13 points or less, and only allowed 30 points once, to GB.

If the offense can keep things going, I think the defense has shown that we're for real. 13 points or less in ten of 16 games in this league is incredible, and anytime we do we have a shot of winning against any team in the league. My only concern are penalties and consistency, but these last 16 regular season games may be the best stretch in the past 20+ year.

Well said.

This is truly a golden period to be a Bengal fan. Just hope we can finish off down a tough looking stretch, win some significant games at the end and remove some monkeys from our backs.

Defence has been incredible. Even in the GB game you mention, 16 of those 30 points came off turnovers, so the defence only gave up 14.

Unfortunately, there a re plenty of other Bengal 'fans' out there who don't like elements of this team because the QB can't throw it 70 yards on a rope, and choose to ignore facts like those you started this thread with.......
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: The last 16 games... Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:

Well said.

This is truly a golden period to be a Bengal fan. Just hope we can finish off down a tough looking stretch, win some significant games at the end and remove some monkeys from our backs.

Defence has been incredible. Even in the GB game you mention, 16 of those 30 points came off turnovers, so the defence only gave up 14.

Unfortunately, there a re plenty of other Bengal 'fans' out there who don't like elements of this team because the QB can't throw it 70 yards on a rope, and choose to ignore facts like those you started this thread with.......

Seriously, let's not start that again.

I was saying the same thing to my son and friends walking out of the stadium yesterday. 13-3 over the second half of last year and first half of this year. Wow.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this seems like a good place to put this. Final 8 games:

@ Mia
@ Bal
vs. Cle
@ SD
vs. Indy
@ Pit
vs. Min
vs. Bal

So a brutal stretch of 5 road games in 7 weeks from week 6 to 13 (plus a bye). But in the last four games, three are at home.

I won't go so far as to predict individual wins and losses, but at this point i'm thinking 2-2 in the next four games, then 3-1 in the last four. Final record of 11-5. I think we'd all take that.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: The last 16 games... Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Seriously, let's not start that again.

OK........
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

@ Mia
@ Bal
vs. Cle
@ SD
vs. Indy
@ Pit
vs. Min
vs. Bal

So a brutal stretch of 5 road games in 7 weeks from week 6 to 13 (plus a bye). But in the last four games, three are at home.

I won't go so far as to predict individual wins and losses, but at this point i'm thinking 2-2 in the next four games, then 3-1 in the last four. Final record of 11-5. I think we'd all take that.

Sure would; along with a play-off win.......

But this is the NFL; (Nor For long); we could just as easily end up 8-8.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

@ Mia
@ Bal
vs. Cle
@ SD
vs. Indy
@ Pit
vs. Min
vs. Bal

Looks like 8-0 to me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
theJ wrote:

@ Mia
@ Bal
vs. Cle
@ SD
vs. Indy
@ Pit
vs. Min
vs. Bal

Looks like 8-0 to me.

The most daunting game is Indy, obviously. But it's at home.

Honestly, they could win all 8. But i just don't think we'll get the same consistent performance the final 8 weeks that we did the last 4. There's going to be some adversity in there somewhere.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:
theJ wrote:

@ Mia
@ Bal
vs. Cle
@ SD
vs. Indy
@ Pit
vs. Min
vs. Bal

Looks like 8-0 to me.

The most daunting game is Indy, obviously. But it's at home.

Honestly, they could win all 8. But i just don't think we'll get the same consistent performance the final 8 weeks that we did the last 4. There's going to be some adversity in there somewhere.

Absolutely; I think we're going to learn a lot about the depth of this roster in the 2nd half; and the ability of our coaches to adjust to circumstances.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet all the so called experts keep saying this team is way too inconsistent still. If ending the season last year 7-1 and starting off 6-2 is inconsistent, I guess the rest of the whole NFL is just as bad then.

This team is so good, it feels like a dream. Don't wake me up....
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
And yet all the so called experts keep saying this team is way too inconsistent still. If ending the season last year 7-1 and starting off 6-2 is inconsistent, I guess the rest of the whole NFL is just as bad then.

Our consistency has improved, but a 13-3 record is no indication of very good consistency. We've been penalty prone BAD this year, and we've had inconsistent play from our secondary and, until recently, Dalton. He appears to have turned the corner, and the rest is improving, but it's not at the level we need it to be. Super Bowl teams do not commit 4-8 penalties a game and do not have a negative turnover differential.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Our consistency has improved, but a 13-3 record is no indication of very good consistency. We've been penalty prone BAD this year, and we've had inconsistent play from our secondary and, until recently, Dalton. He appears to have turned the corner, and the rest is improving, but it's not at the level we need it to be. Super Bowl teams do not commit 4-8 penalties a game and do not have a negative turnover differential.

Don't know if we're ' consistent' or not.

All I do know is that we've been consistently awful as a franchise in the eyes of the wider NFL over the last two decades, hence our ranking as 122 out of 122 pro sports franchises.

Hopefully, this young team can string some success together, and change a few attitudes about us.......
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Doesn't matter. Every team has flaws, not just the Bengals. All that matters at the end of the day is if you win or not. And the Bengals win. Yet when they rarely have lost recently, first thing I hear out of people "derp derp derp Oh they lost to the Browns, enough said they suck, derp derp derp". This team has so much talent and yet everyone wants to continue looking at the weaknesses

Hears a weakness to look at. The Bengals can't run the ball. How come nobody talks about that? Half the season is over and not one person has rushed for over 100 yards on this team. The bengals are 36-7 under marvin lewis when having a 100 yard rusher for a reason. And Currently 10-16 when having a 300 yard passer. If theres any weakness there, its the fact that there is no confidence in the running game.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Doesn't matter. Every team has flaws, not just the Bengals. All that matters at the end of the day is if you win or not. And the Bengals win. Yet when they rarely have lost recently, first thing I hear out of people "derp derp derp Oh they lost to the Browns, enough said they suck, derp derp derp". This team has so much talent and yet everyone wants to continue looking at the weaknesses

Hears a weakness to look at. The Bengals can't run the ball. How come nobody talks about that? Half the season is over and not one person has rushed for over 100 yards on this team. The bengals are 36-7 under marvin lewis when having a 100 yard rusher for a reason. And Currently 10-16 when having a 300 yard passer. If theres any weakness there,
its the fact that there is no confidence in the running game.

You're only as strong as you're weakest link; that's why addressing our weaknesses are so important. Can you imagine if Burfict didn't have multiple PFs every game? We'd possibly be 7-1 had Maualuga not committed a stupid penalty at the end of the Bears game. This weakness is easily fixed and could potentially save our tails at some point. I'm not a cheerleader, not everything I say has to be positive about our team. I give them credit when it's due, but you can't ignore your weaknesses just because you're really good at other spots. I haven't complained about Dalton at all, in fact I praised him continuously this week.

I agree about the running game, but I honestly think it's more scheme than anything. BJGE sucks. period. Give Gio the ball and find ways to get him in space; do not run dives and draws with him, he's hardly 200 pounds. If we would just utilize him properly and stop giving BJGE the ball so often we'd have a little more production. The offensive line has done a solid job blocking in space, Cook just cannot get any push up the middle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The apparent lack of a running game is not as drastic as you are making it out to be. Sure, no player has a 100 yard game yet, but at the beginning of this streak, the team put a couple of 150+ team rushing yard games together. The problem isn't the backs, it's the failure of the middle of the line to open holes. bernard finds some creases because he get's outside the hashes. When they send the Lawfirm on sweeps, he isn't fast enough to outrun dlinemen to the holes.

Through in the fact that Dalton is throwing for 300+ a game lately, and there can only be so many opportunitiesfor rushing yards. Now consider the defenses we've played recently. The Jets are top 3 or 4 vs. the run. Why force it when you can throw it over the top of them. The Lions are built in a similar fashion. We ran it on the Bills ans Patriots. We tried vs. the Browns.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: