Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Brady's TD's have gone to a lot of people but two people have the most. Gronk and Moss each have 39 scores from the GOAT. To be honest with Gronks injuries I had no idea that he was that close to Moss. Will be fun to see Gronk continue to catch balls from Brady and see where his legacy could/would end up. Yeah I know he is only 24 haha.

AAP-Chandler Jones-12 tkls, 2 sax, 1 FF & 1 TD
Wk 2 AFC POTW
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gronk will go down as one of the top-5 ever at his position if he avoids anymore catastrophic injuries. I have no doubt of that. Doesn't matter if he's catching passes from Brady or whomever.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
mission27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
So Brady's TD's have gone to a lot of people but two people have the most. Gronk and Moss each have 39 scores from the GOAT. To be honest with Gronks injuries I had no idea that he was that close to Moss. Will be fun to see Gronk continue to catch balls from Brady and see where his legacy could/would end up. Yeah I know he is only 24 haha.

Moss played just over two seasons with Brady. Gronkowski is, as you said, 24-years-old... 12 years younger than his QB. And those are Brady's top touchdown targets of all-time? Makes you wonder what his numbers would look like if he'd been teamed up with a top tier target from day one.

#JDI
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Moss played just over two seasons with Brady. Gronkowski is, as you said, 24-years-old... 12 years younger than his QB. And those are Brady's top touchdown targets of all-time? Makes you wonder what his numbers would look like if he'd been teamed up with a top tier target from day one.

Had Brady and Moss been together ala Montana and Rice, each would own every record there is.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any random guesses as to what Gronk ends up with for career TDs with his excellent size and speed and strength? He has 39 now and what looks to be a great career if healthy. My guess is 180 TDs at the end. Not that I am looking forward to his last day as a Pat or NFLer.

Wk 2 AFC POTW
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Any random guesses as to what Gronk ends up with for career TDs with his excellent size and speed and strength? He has 39 now and what looks to be a great career if healthy. My guess is 180 TDs at the end. Not that I am looking forward to his last day as a Pat or NFLer.
I'd say between 90 and 120, depending on the quality of QB play.

mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:

Probably about 100-125

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats are currently tied with the Seahawks, Rams and Bills for 3rd in the league in team sacks with 29. 7 off the lead [Chiefs]

On the flip side, Brady has taken 26 sacks this year already. He took 27 all of last year, and has had 6 full seasons where he took 26 or fewer. Confused

BigTimePatsFan9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Pats are currently tied with the Seahawks, Rams and Bills for 3rd in the league in team sacks with 29. 7 off the lead [Chiefs]

On the flip side, Brady has taken 26 sacks this year already. He took 27 all of last year, and has had 6 full seasons where he took 26 or fewer. Confused

Chandler Jones is top 10 in the league in sacks. Everyone on our OL besides Solder and Vollmer before he got hurt have played pretty poorly
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
mission27 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Had Brady and Moss been together ala Montana and Rice, each would own every record there is.

Of all the wild and crazy things you say I think you might just be right on this one. At least close to some of the major records.

*Actual time may vary.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

he has been holding onto the ball far longer than normal too tho...
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

he has been holding onto the ball far longer than normal too tho...
Some of the time, yeah, that's been the issue. But, especially in recent weeks, he's frequently had rushers in his face almost immediately.

TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTimePatsFan9 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Chandler Jones is top 10 in the league in sacks. Everyone on our OL besides Solder and Vollmer before he got hurt have played pretty poorly

Solder hasn't been anywhere near as good as he was last year. I might be on my own but it seems the left hand side of the line has been getting beat far more consistently than years past. It can't all be Mankins can it?

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Times Tom Brady has actively ignored throwing to Number 80:
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
BigTimePatsFan9 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Solder hasn't been anywhere near as good as he was last year. I might be on my own but it seems the left hand side of the line has been getting beat far more consistently than years past. It can't all be Mankins can it?
For the most part the problem has been the interior line.

I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
BigTimePatsFan9 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

For the most part the problem has been the interior line.

I am a big fan of OG Cyril Richardson at Baylor now.

6'5" 340 lbs Senior

Very powerful yet explosive OL who has played both inside and out at Baylor, where they have the fastest scoring offense in college football which cant be easy on a large athlete but he excels and is projected as a first rounder.

Wk 2 AFC POTW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44

Jump to: