Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Week 9: Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots Reply with quote

Deadpulse on the sig
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the worst Pittsburgh has looked in years. They have absolutely no run game which will be helpful to our DL. I know their pouncey is IR'd so their line may be vulnerable.

Patriots win 34-14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a long bye week for the players if they don't win this one pretty handily.

Also, it'd be awfully interesting to see Emmanuel Sanders traded to the Pats over the next two days like Mike Loyko reported is possible. I doubt Sanders would even be active for the Pats, but I'd be fun to play against Ben after taking away his #2 receiver.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pats offense was scary good in the 2nd half vs. Miami today when they started running play action with Gronk and Dobson.

A full game of feeding ridley and creatively involving Dobs/Gronk will showcase utter dominance.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Week 9: Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:

Yes that is a bomb, but Brady double pumped, throwing it late and almost getting it broken up. That really a poor throw in context. Guy is wide open open & the pass almost got broken up because TB waited a second longer than he had to for some reason.
Richter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
A full game of feeding ridley and creatively involving Dobs/Gronk will showcase utter dominance.

But how's Fatgarrette Blount going to get his touches if they feed Ridley?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Wouldn't mind seeing him at cornerback in garbage time.

Or this weird iso play where he is the only player on the field, outside of the center, who snaps him the ball & LB gets gangtackled by all 11 defenders.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought if the pats win the same person makes the GDT Crying or Very sad

Laughing

This Steelers team looks like hot garbage right now. If the Pats don't handle them easily, then it will truly be disappointing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
This is the worst Pittsburgh has looked in years. They have absolutely no run game which will be helpful to our DL. I know their pouncey is IR'd so their line may be vulnerable.

Patriots win 34-14

The funny thing is, Velasco (the Titan we signed) is doing better than Pouncey does. Pouncey is more of an all-offense (run attacking) finesse type of player. Velasco is straight power and can sit back and anchor the line in pass protection unlike Pouncey who has a lot of problems with larger DL.

Some Steelers fans actually want to keep Velasco and let Pouncey walk in the offseason (probably would want 7-8 million per).

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Wouldn't mind seeing him at cornerback in garbage time.

Or this weird iso play where he is the only player on the field, outside of the center, who snaps him the ball & LB gets gangtackled by all 11 defenders.

Judging by the way he runs, you'd think he was the only player on the field. Laughing

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Patriots win 34-14

The funny thing is, Velasco (the Titan we signed) is doing better than Pouncey does. Pouncey is more of an all-offense (run attacking) finesse type of player. Velasco is straight power and can sit back and anchor the line in pass protection unlike Pouncey who has a lot of problems with larger DL.

Some Steelers fans actually want to keep Velasco and let Pouncey walk in the offseason (probably would want 7-8 million per).

Good thing Velasco is showing up. I remember Titans fans complaining about him nonstop. Lots of "worst player in the league" type-comments. That way you have a fall back option if Pouncey gets picked up by the Feds in Free Agency Laughing

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Patriots win 34-14

Good thing Velasco is showing up. I remember Titans fans complaining about him nonstop. Lots of "worst player in the league" type-comments. That way you have a fall back option if Pouncey gets picked up by the Feds in Free Agency Laughing

I am pretty sure that guy was Eugene Amano. Lol

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I believed in such things, I would say this is a trap game.

This Steeler team, while showing poor, still has pieces to cause every team some problems. As fans (because we know the team wouldn't do this for any team), we would be foolish to discount this team whom is merely a few steps descended from perennial contenders.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Richter"]
NextBigThing wrote:

But how's Fatgarrette Blount going to get his touches if they feed Ridley?[/quote

Fatgarrette Blount.

Laughing
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
If I believed in such things, I would say this is a trap game.

This Steeler team, while showing poor, still has pieces to cause every team some problems. As fans (because we know the team wouldn't do this for any team), we would be foolish to discount this team whom is merely a few steps descended from perennial contenders.

Usually a "trap" game is when the team overlooks a bad team because they are focused on the next week (usually against a tough opponent).

This would just be the Pats playing down to a mediocre team. The two teams are probably a bit closer that their records indicate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44

Jump to: