Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dimitroff and the neglecting the lines myth.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
I wonder if we can get a 2nd for TG? And another 2nd or 3rd for Roddy? We need PICKS..Hell, we might as well throw Blalock, Babs and Samuels names out there too if anyone is interested. The more picks the better.

That is going a bit too far man. We are not at a point where rebuilding would be a good decision. Less injuries, development of our corners, and a good draft next year will catapult us into SB contention once again. Tony G came back for solely the Falcons. He doesn't want to have to go through learning a new offense and getting acclimated in a different lockeroom. This a business, but TG deserves and earned respect. Let him play out his career in ATL. We should be grateful to see the greatest TE in history finish out his career in a Falcons uniform.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
I wonder if we can get a 2nd for TG? And another 2nd or 3rd for Roddy? We need PICKS..Hell, we might as well throw Blalock, Babs and Samuels names out there too if anyone is interested. The more picks the better.

The silliness contin ues. In what world does this logic sound good "Hey, lets trade a bunch of established, good players for a bunch of unknowns"
Just no.... no.
Also, there's absolutely no way a team would give up a second for Gonzo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

The silliness contin ues. In what world does this logic sound good "Hey, lets trade a bunch of established, good players for a bunch of unknowns"
Just no.... no.

We aren't going to get anything more than depth for the picks we'll get for trading Roddy or Tony G. Not worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get so sick and tired of ppl always using injuries as an excuse. Injuries aren't anything new they are apart of the game so you have to prepare accordingly, by bringing in guys who can not only play but possibly start for your team. In the beginning TD shut me up by drafting Matty Ice and bringing in Michael Turner, but he has just as many misses as he does hits. Should TD be fired at season's end? Of course not. This is the Falcons first bad season since the new regime took over, but as far as the evaluation of talent is concerned something needs to change. There are way too many apologists that need to admit that this season is a reflection of inconsisently bringing in good personnel.
rednblackblood1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get so sick and tired of ppl always using injuries as an excuse. Injuries aren't anything new they are apart of the game so you have to prepare accordingly, by bringing in guys who can not only play but possibly start for your team. In the beginning TD shut me up by drafting Matty Ice and bringing in Michael Turner, but he has just as many misses as he does hits. Should TD be fired at season's end? Of course not. This is the Falcons first bad season since the new regime took over, but as far as the evaluation of talent is concerned something needs to change. There are way too many apologists that need to admit that this season is a reflection of inconsisently bringing in good personnel.
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rednblackblood1 wrote:

True

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

That is going a bit too far man. We are not at a point where rebuilding would be a good decision. Less injuries, development of our corners, and a good draft next year will catapult us into SB contention once again. Tony G came back for solely the Falcons. He doesn't want to have to go through learning a new offense and getting acclimated in a different lockeroom. This a business, but TG deserves and earned respect. Let him play out his career in ATL. We should be grateful to see the greatest TE in history finish out his career in a Falcons uniform.
Why keep Gonzo and Samuels around? Theyre more than likely gone away. Tony for sure. And Assante is almost done. Might as well try to get something for them. Not talking about rebuilding. Just getting more picks and getting BETTER. We need to rebuild the trenches and add to our depth. Period. Hell, Blalock has been just as bad as the rest of the oline imo. Well maybe not as bad, but he hasn't been that good... Btw, Roddy is 30+ yrs old. and is gonna want 1 more good payday(We'd be fine with Julio, Tolio, HD, and co. if we had a GOOD oline. Remember we were 11-5 with Roddy, Jenkins, and Hartsock) Think he's gonna take a hometown discount? Think again....... But hey if he does, fine.... Besides, we've already got our #1 rec. And HD, Davis and co can only improve. Hell Id like to keep Roddy and every long time Falcon around, but its just not realistic. This is a business , not Madden. If Joe freakin Montana, Jerry Rice, Warren Sapp, and Brett Favre can be traded, released, or whatever, what in the hell make yall think Roddy White cant? If its gonna get us a good draft pick, TO MAKE US A POTENTIAL SB CONTENDER FOR YEARS TO COME, IM ALL FOR IT. And one more thing, if you think TG would be upset about a trade to KC you must be on some good shizz...... worried about learning a new offense?? Um... ok.. His body language is already changing when being asked about it. "He came back solely to Atlanta" because he thought we were a SB contender. Wtf he wanna hang around here for now?? Its his final yr for crying out loud. He came back to try to win a ring remember?? But anyway.......
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Why keep Gonzo and Samuels around? Theyre more than likely gone away. Tony for sure. And Assante is almost done. Might as well try to get something for them. Not talking about rebuilding. Just getting more picks and getting BETTER. We need to rebuild the trenches and add to our depth. Period. Hell, Blalock has been just as bad as the rest of the oline imo. Well maybe not as bad, but he hasn't been that good... Btw, Roddy is 30+ yrs old. and is gonna want 1 more good payday(We'd be fine with Julio, Tolio, HD, and co. if we had a GOOD oline. Remember we were 11-5 with Roddy, Jenkins, and Hartsock) Think he's gonna take a hometown discount? Think again....... But hey if he does, fine.... Besides, we've already got our #1 rec. And HD, Davis and co can only improve. Hell Id like to keep Roddy and every long time Falcon around, but its just not realistic. This is a business , not Madden. If Joe freakin Montana, Jerry Rice, Warren Sapp, and Brett Favre can be traded, released, or whatever, what in the hell make yall think Roddy White cant? If its gonna get us a good draft pick, TO MAKE US A POTENTIAL SB CONTENDER FOR YEARS TO COME, IM ALL FOR IT. And one more thing, if you think TG would be upset about a trade to KC you must be on some good shizz...... worried about learning a new offense?? Um... ok.. His body language is already changing when being asked about it. "He came back solely to Atlanta" because he thought we were a SB contender. Wtf he wanna hang around here for now?? Its his final yr for crying out loud. He came back to try to win a ring remember?? But anyway.......

The Roddy White situation is something that can only be addressed this off season. Can't do anything about him right now and we shouldnt. The brass is going to have to analyze whether or not it is best for the team to have a 30 plus year old WR for the price he wants. TD's one good trait is he is usually good with numbers. So if Roddy White is re-up'd it will be for a bargain.

As for TG, the trade deadline is not to far away. I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons were seriously considering it. The Falcons won't get anything higher than a 4th or 5th. But I would be for it because you get nothing for TG at the end of the season and it is very likely that one more loss will bury any playoff hopes. Accumulate picks should be the theme... But you have to also be realistic. The only trade bait as of right now is TG.

The future of other player's cannot be determined right now. I think that cutting Asante right now doesn't make much sense. He isn't a huge cap hit and he provides veteran leadership for two rookies. Keeping him around next year and gradually phasing him out where Alford could take the spot is something they many want to do. But Asante can still play. You won't get much for him anyway.

The real issue is Steven Jackson. What do you do with him this offseason? I don't think we need him. I would not shed a tear if he was cut and we drafted a RB in the 5th or 6th round. Let the draftee, Quizz and Snelling battle it out. If we fix this O-line anyone we have behind them will be more than productive to give us balance. Save money and become younger by cutting Jackson.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Blalock is a staple in our offensive line. He isn't amazing, but he gets the job done, and you can't just assume a pick we get for him will come and replace him at the same level of play, especially when we would only get around a 4th at best for him. Asante Samuel is a good mentor for the young corners and can still help this team. I'd be ok with trading Roddy in the offseason. TG is my favorite player, so I don't want him gone. If he DOES want a trade, then I'd say let him have his wish, but as far as we know, he still doesn't want to be traded.

We got Samuel for a 7th, what makes you think we will get anything significantly higher from a different team? All the players you mentioned are more valuable to us than what they would fetch on the market.

SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say let SJax hang around one more season, behind a (hopefully) improved OL, and do a RBBC approach with SJ39/Quizz/Snelling all rotating in. Our RB depth can get the job done with the trenches being improved, and we can take our RB of the future in the 2015 draft which has a ton of RB talent coming out that year. We shouldn't trade Roddy unless either A) he commands too much or B) we can get nothing short of a 4th/additional picks for him. The trade deadline is today at 4PM ET so the Tony G trade talk will be put to rest. I highly doubt we trade him. Not saying I wouldn't be against it though. I think we should let Samuel go this offseason.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Blalock is a staple in our offensive line. He isn't amazing, but he gets the job done, and you can't just assume a pick we get for him will come and replace him at the same level of play, especially when we would only get around a 4th at best for him. Asante Samuel is a good mentor for the young corners and can still help this team. I'd be ok with trading Roddy in the offseason. TG is my favorite player, so I don't want him gone. If he DOES want a trade, then I'd say let him have his wish, but as far as we know, he still doesn't want to be traded.

We got Samuel for a 7th, what makes you think we will get anything significantly higher from a different team? All the players you mentioned are more valuable to us than what they would fetch on the market.
Im not assuming anything. Has nothing to do with a 4th rdr replacing Blalock. You accumulate picks so you can possibly move up, down, etc.... and take who you want. Its all about flexibility. Get it? You cant fix the entire oline in one offseason. Geesh....... Btw, you do know that this is your favorite players last year right? Seems like you'd want your favorite player in a position to get a ring this year? I guess youd rather watch him get double teamed all year long on a non playoff team?? Bu anyway......
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Im not assuming anything. Has nothing to do with a 4th rdr replacing Blalock. You accumulate picks so you can possibly move up, down, etc.... and take who you want. Its all about flexibility. Get it? You cant fix the entire oline in one offseason. Geesh....... Btw, you do know that this is your favorite players last year right? Seems like you'd want your favorite player in a position to get a ring this year? I guess youd rather watch him get double teamed all year long on a non playoff team?? Bu anyway......

I thought all the other posters were a bit biased against their disdain for you, but now I see their reasoning...

It's TG's last year, but he has come out and said he does not want to be traded. He has shifted his view a bit recently, but until he comes out and says I'd like to chase a ring somewhere else, let him do what he wants.

All the players you mentioned we get rid of are worth more than flexibility in the draft. You are still assuming whoever we move up to get can and will replace these guys at the same or better level of play. That is unrealistic and foolish.

JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw TG is open to a trade. So I'm now ok with him being traded. I just wanted TG's wishes to be respected, whatever they may be.

terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Just no.... no.
We did. Wink
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Just saw TG is open to a trade. So I'm now ok with him being traded. I just wanted TG's wishes to be respected, whatever they may be.
Shame on you

Last edited by terrell123 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: