Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Remaining schedule prediction
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Remaining schedule prediction Reply with quote

W SD vs Was

W Was @ Minn

W Was vs. Phi

L SF @ Was

W NYG vs Was

L KC vs Was

W Was @ ATL

W Dal vs Was

W Was @ NYG

I have us going 7-2. 9-7 for the division and a chance to take it depending on what Dallas does.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would see that as a best case scenario, which could definitely happen. I feel like we will end up 8-8 this season. I think the division is really between us and the Cowboys though.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - right now with our playcalling and poor QB play, I don't see us winning another game.

I might feel differently tomorrow. But right now, that's what I'm looking at.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Sorry - right now with our playcalling and poor QB play, I don't see us winning another game.

so you had us beating Denver?

I really don't understand why losing today should change anyone's mind about us being around a .500 football team.

You're suggesting we end up 2-14? Come on Thai. We know that isn't happening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

I really don't understand why losing today should change anyone's mind about us being around a .500 football team.

I'm with you Turtle, we played a super bowl caliber team today, and had a chance to win the game after the half, but didn't capitalize on it. I understand the frustration Thai, but we should be able win against a lot of the teams we play the rest of the season.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I agree that would be a great outcome. Here is how I see this season playing out

L SD vs Was

W Was @ Minn

W Was vs. Phi

L SF @ Was

W NYG vs Was

L KC vs Was

L Was @ ATL

L Dal vs Was

L Was @ NYG

Final record 5-11 a very disappointing year. The rams get our number 9 pick in the draft paying off the kings ransom we paid for rg3. I was all for the trade and think it will take through the 2016 season before we know who got the better of the trade. My hope is we get AT Least a new offensive coordinator and a very experienced quarterbacks coach that has a track record of developing talent and RG3 stays healthy the rest of the season and puts the offseason time into becoming a much better quarterback. He needs to learn to anticipate defenses, see the entire field, especially outside the numbers, and stop staring down his primary receiver. I'd welcome an offseason of not seeing him in one more commercial because he's committed to becoming a capable qb.

Danny might want to make even bigger changes to his coaching staff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Wow I agree that would be a great outcome. Here is how I see this season playing out

L SD vs Was

W Was @ Minn

W Was vs. Phi

L SF @ Was

W NYG vs Was

L KC vs Was

L Was @ ATL

L Dal vs Was

L Was @ NYG

Final record 5-11 a very disappointing year. The rams get our number 9 pick in the draft paying off the kings ransom we paid for rg3.
definitely possible.

Quote:
I was all for the trade and think it will take through the 2016 season before we know who got the better of the trade. My hope is we get AT Least a new offensive coordinator and a very experienced quarterbacks coach that has a track record of developing talent and RG3 stays healthy the rest of the season and puts the offseason time into becoming a much better quarterback.
in all fairness we have an experienced head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach who have developed qbs. Our head coach helped develop Elway, Young, Plummer, Cutler and now RG3 and Cousins.

Do they have more work to do, yes? Do they know what they're doing with qbs and how to develop them? I believe they do, and for anyone to suggest otherwise doesn't know their history.

Quote:
[RG3]needs to learn to anticipate defenses, see the entire field, especially outside the numbers, and stop staring down his primary receiver. I'd welcome an offseason of not seeing him in one more commercial because he's committed to becoming a capable qb.
I definitely agree. I also want to see RG3 have a healthy offseason and be able to concentrate on becoming a better Qb from February through September. In 2012 he was a rookie, last year he was rehabbing all offseason. I think Rg3 will be a much better pocket passer next season if he's not rehabbing a serious injury, if they're are upgrades to the OL - specifically the Rt - and if there are upgrades to the we core. I really want Hakeem Nicks, Miles Austin or Jeremy Maclin to come in and play opposite Garçon. That would be a sick WR duo.

Quote:

Quote:
Preseason 8; Final Cuts 31; Reg Season 39
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

No I didn't. But I also didn't see us throwing the game away either.

With poor QB play and an OC that can't call a game to save his life, we aren't going to beat anyone.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

L SD vs Was

W Was @ Minn

W Was vs. Phi

L SF @ Was

W NYG vs Was

L KC vs Was

L Was @ ATL

L Dal vs Was

L Was @ NYG

Final record 5-11 a very disappointing year. The rams get our number 9 pick in the draft paying off the kings ransom we paid for rg3.
definitely possible.

Quote:
I was all for the trade and think it will take through the 2016 season before we know who got the better of the trade. My hope is we get AT Least a new offensive coordinator and a very experienced quarterbacks coach that has a track record of developing talent and RG3 stays healthy the rest of the season and puts the offseason time into becoming a much better quarterback.
in all fairness we have an experienced head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach who have developed qbs. Our head coach helped develop Elway, Young, Plummer, Cutler and now RG3 and Cousins.

Do they have more work to do, yes? Do they know what they're doing with qbs and how to develop them? I believe they do, and for anyone to suggest otherwise doesn't know their history.

Quote:
[RG3]needs to learn to anticipate defenses, see the entire field, especially outside the numbers, and stop staring down his primary receiver. I'd welcome an offseason of not seeing him in one more commercial because he's committed to becoming a capable qb.
I definitely agree. I also want to see RG3 have a healthy offseason and be able to concentrate on becoming a better Qb from February through September. In 2012 he was a rookie, last year he was rehabbing all offseason. I think Rg3 will be a much better pocket passer next season if he's not rehabbing a serious injury, if they're are upgrades to the OL - specifically the Rt - and if there are upgrades to the we core. I really want Hakeem Nicks, Miles Austin or Jeremy Maclin to come in and play opposite Garçon. That would be a sick WR duo.

Quote:

Agree Mike Shanahan has a solid track record on developing qb"s. Kyle? Shaub was developed in Atlanta and can't overlook houston head coach, our qb coach- has he developed anyone? Mike is our HC and should have more experienced assistants who have successful track records.

What do you think of the ol coach? He seems to have gotten a lot out of 3 very limited marginal nfl players, a true graybeard in Chester, and done fantastic with TW. But I wish he'd give Compton a chance, move licht to center and put hurt, gettis or blutto lerib at guard
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

With poor QB play and an OC that can't call a game to save his life, we aren't going to beat anyone.
Minnesota, NY at least once, Dallas at home, Atlanta and Philly?

I'd be shocked if we didn't win these games. Absolutely shocked.

SD has to come cross country and they always play worse when they have to do that.

The Browns with Jason Campbell almost beat the Chiefs in arrowhead today. We'll give them a good game at home. We'll give SF a good game at home also.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Minnesota, NY at least once, Dallas at home, Atlanta and Philly?

I'd be shocked if we didn't win these games. Absolutely shocked.

SD has to come cross country and they always play worse when they have to do that.

The Browns with Jason Campbell almost beat the Chiefs in arrowhead today. We'll give them a good game at home. We'll give SF a good game at home also.

We will play as good as RGIII goes. So the question is what RGIII are we going to get? the one from the Bears game, or then one yesterday. We get the RGIII of the Bears game and with a D playing as well as they did yesterday we can beat anyone on that schedule....ANYONE. if we don't then its 5-11 at best.
Geronimo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will not win more than 5 of those remaining games.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

L SD vs Was

W Was @ Minn

W Was vs. Phi

L SF @ Was

W NYG vs Was

L KC vs Was

L Was @ ATL

L Dal vs Was

L Was @ NYG

definitely possible.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Agree Mike Shanahan has a solid track record on developing qb"s. Kyle? Shaub was developed in Atlanta and can't overlook houston head coach, our qb coach- has he developed anyone? Mike is our HC and should have more experienced assistants who have successful track records.

What do you think of the ol coach? He seems to have gotten a lot out of 3 very limited marginal nfl players, a true graybeard in Chester, and done fantastic with TW. But I wish he'd give Compton a chance, move licht to center and put hurt, gettis or blutto lerib at guard
Chris Forester is awesome. I know a great secret about him which only my best friends know. Like 1 guy.

Who would have ever though Chris Chester, Will Montgomery and Kory L would be a starting interior line?

Last year before the year I was really skeptical. As long as we're running with them and moving the pocket, they're great. I think the things you want to happen in your last sentence will happen if and only if we're out of playoff contention. Mike Shanahan isn't going to bench those vets for the young guys right now.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

Looking at the back half, we have teams that have just as many issues as we do.

I know this is your pessimism/schtick, but c'mon man. Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 4 teams have made the playoffs since 1933 when starting 2-5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: