Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dee Miliner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Can we ship him to Tampa with the 3rd rd pick fore Revis?

He is not suited for a press man coverage scheme,

Man we blw this one. I wish they haf kept Revis for this last year. If he walked so be it.

That is very stupid. Dee is in his rookie year cut the kid a break. We would have drafted him even if we kept Revis because there is no guarantee that he would resign with us. The way our big board fell it was the right pick. Hindsight is 20/20 so we probably would want to go back and take Vaccarro, but to let Revis walk for nothing is idiotic. Not to mention we got Richardson for that pick and we will most likely have a very high 3rd round pick as long as the Bucs keep him. If they cut him and we get a 4th then guess what? We have the money to sign him and the picks still.

I hated losing Revis but his injury and contract demands were ludicrous.
JETSFOOTBALL25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

Man we blw this one. I wish they haf kept Revis for this last year. If he walked so be it.

That is very stupid. Dee is in his rookie year cut the kid a break. We would have drafted him even if we kept Revis because there is no guarantee that he would resign with us. The way our big board fell it was the right pick. Hindsight is 20/20 so we probably would want to go back and take Vaccarro, but to let Revis walk for nothing is idiotic. Not to mention we got Richardson for that pick and we will most likely have a very high 3rd round pick as long as the Bucs keep him. If they cut him and we get a 4th then guess what? We have the money to sign him and the picks still.

I agree completely. Give the kid a little bit of time. He got beat up in this game. but that doesn't mean he is terrible. he hasn't played in a lot of games. I feel he should be played in the nickel and I'd prefer wilson or walls on the outside.

losing Revis worked out. potential DROY in Richardson and the possible high 3rd round pick this year is huge. TB signed him to a ridiculous deal but luckily none of it is guaranteed. He would have NEVER signed that with us. if they cut him, then lets see how important Rex's system is to him.

Overall I'd say not having him frees up money to start building an offense around Geno. Another game with costly mistakes, but we have no weapons.

TE and WR1 are imperatives this off season.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

No Shot we would have drafed him. No shot.You guys keep saying it but have no proof to support it. If they liked Richardson so much they tak him at 9, no difference in taking him at 9 or 13.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Milliner was touch and go all the way up to training camp with an injury and once he got there was on and off the field with another injury, and it's been the same case since the season started. He's playing a position that traditionally doesn't have a good early transition rate and on top of that he hasn't been able to consistently put in work on the transition.

He's been poor, but this is a long road. If we gave up on talented players for not performing well early in their careers D'Brickashaw Ferguson would be getting Pro Bowl trips wearing a helmet other than the Jets.

That's the worst possible example unless one of us is completely wrong - D'Brickashaw has progressively gotten worse as his career has gone on. He was really good in year 2 and 3, possibly even the second half of his rookie year (don't remember) and now he's mediocre.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve the Dream wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
Worst professional athlete I've ever seen. It's actually entertaining watching him play because he's so bad. He's right there with Adrien Clarke, Derrick Strait and Kevan Barlow in the Jets hall of shame.

Is that really fair to say about a rookie? C'mon now.

Right now he's the actual worst player I've ever seen play a sport at a professional level. Not saying he can't improve but my god he's bad.

You must not watch a lot of sports then.

Who is worse? I've seen a lot of terrible corners who give comfortable cushions and give up 1st downs all day because of it (David Barrett) but it takes a special one to get beat deep by mediocre receivers on almost every play. Dobson would have had 200+ yards on Milliner if he could catch a ball.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
Davey wrote:
Milliner was touch and go all the way up to training camp with an injury and once he got there was on and off the field with another injury, and it's been the same case since the season started. He's playing a position that traditionally doesn't have a good early transition rate and on top of that he hasn't been able to consistently put in work on the transition.

He's been poor, but this is a long road. If we gave up on talented players for not performing well early in their careers D'Brickashaw Ferguson would be getting Pro Bowl trips wearing a helmet other than the Jets.

That's the worst possible example unless one of us is completely wrong - D'Brickashaw has progressively gotten worse as his career has gone on. He was really good in year 2 and 3, possibly even the second half of his rookie year (don't remember) and now he's mediocre.

Brick didn't turn into a top LT until 2009, his fourth season.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
Davey wrote:

I always thought he was underrated in year 2 and 3. And he definitely has gotten worse since year 4. He has not been very good this year and certainly wasn't good last year either. On a side note, as terrible as Faneca was at pass blocking I think his run blocking ability covered up Ferguson's weakness pretty well.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
green24 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
Davey wrote:

I always thought he was underrated in year 2 and 3. And he definitely has gotten worse since year 4. He has not been very good this year and certainly wasn't good last year either.

This year he hasn't been good, but he was a really good pass blocker last year. He has only been an average run blocker over the past three years, so that drags him down.
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:

Not true.

Brick struggled with strength and keeping weight his first two seasons and kept wearing down towards the end of the season, giving up over 20 sacks his first two years. Two years into their careers people were wondering why we hadn't drafted Marcus McNeil instead.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

Not true.

Brick struggled with strength and keeping weight his first two seasons and kept wearing down towards the end of the season, giving up over 20 sacks his first two years. Two years into their careers people were wondering why we hadn't drafted Marcus McNeil instead.

I wanted Cutler at #4 and Marcus McNeill in the 2nd.

Incidentally, Jarvis Jones has the same condition as McNeill; hopefully he can last a few more seasons than McNeill did.

- Cliff Burton
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
Davey wrote:

Not true.

I wanted Cutler at #4 and Marcus McNeill in the 2nd.

Incidentally, Jarvis Jones has the same condition as McNeill; hopefully he can last a few more seasons than McNeill did.

It's also the reason why Cooper Manning never played in the NFL.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick has stunk up the joint all year. Howard hands down has shut down guys from his side of the line. Him and Willie have done a fine job so far. Our left side of the line is where the problems are.
RollTide99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets trade with the Chiefs for Leon Sandcastle

JMG on the sig
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

No Shot we would have drafed him. No shot.You guys keep saying it but have no proof to support it. If they liked Richardson so much they tak him at 9, no difference in taking him at 9 or 13.

We drafted BPA and Dee was the most talented player on the board. Yea I can't prove we would have still taken him but who says we take Richardson at 9? We already had a strong D-line with Wilk and Coples, if anything we would have taken an OLB which would have been a stretch there. I think the fact that we couldn't afford Revis would have forced our hand to take Dee.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a report right after the draft that our big board was:

1. Tavon Austin
2. Dee Milliner
3. Chance Warmack
4. Sheldon Richardson

Had we not traded Revis, I bet we would have taken Warmack at 9.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: