Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dee Miliner
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Dee Miliner Reply with quote

Listening to the game, he sound like he was just murdered and watching week to week he just can't handle playing against NFL receivers. He isn't physical and he doesn't have the elite speed to close the gap.

I'm usually not the type to be quick to label rookies, since the transition is very difficult, but I feel like Miliner is going to be a bust when it all ends. He just doesn't seem to have the head for the NFL.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping he can be like Kareem Jackson. Jackson was another CB from Alabama that looked just as bad as a rookie as Milliner does now. By year 3, he turned into a really good #2 corner.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB's have one of the biggest adjustments from college to the pros

especially in a man heavy scheme

if anyone was hoping and thinking he'd come in and be Revis 2.0 then you're mistaken

let him take his bumps and bruises, he will improve
glenearl18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst professional athlete I've ever seen. It's actually entertaining watching him play because he's so bad. He's right there with Adrien Clarke, Derrick Strait and Kevan Barlow in the Jets hall of shame.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
Worst professional athlete I've ever seen. It's actually entertaining watching him play because he's so bad. He's right there with Adrien Clarke, Derrick Strait and Kevan Barlow in the Jets hall of shame.

Is that really fair to say about a rookie? C'mon now.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

Right now he's the actual worst player I've ever seen play a sport at a professional level. Not saying he can't improve but my god he's bad.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll become a average corner. I didn't want us to draft him, but I have to root for him now. He missed all of camp & most games because of injuy. He missed a lot of learning time. We pretty much have to scratch this year off for him and hope for the best the next two years.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

Right now he's the actual worst player I've ever seen play a sport at a professional level. Not saying he can't improve but my god he's bad.

You must not watch a lot of sports then.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQ81bZV7TY
green24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve the Dream wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

He could probably bat clean-up for the Mets.
Steve the Dream

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Steve the Dream wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner was touch and go all the way up to training camp with an injury and once he got there was on and off the field with another injury, and it's been the same case since the season started. He's playing a position that traditionally doesn't have a good early transition rate and on top of that he hasn't been able to consistently put in work on the transition.

He's been poor, but this is a long road. If we gave up on talented players for not performing well early in their careers D'Brickashaw Ferguson would be getting Pro Bowl trips wearing a helmet other than the Jets.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Steve the Dream wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

+1
Jetsqb101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only play which was laughably bad was when he tried to undercut a throw and just ended up leaving his man wide open. Truth is that he isn't ready to be a starter yet, but that doesn't mean he won't ever be ready
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just doesn't seem he's fit to be a physical DB in this league, and those are the top CB's we see. He really needs to learn to play up, especially on a team that runs as much man as we do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: