Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

@ Raiders 5 Up & 5 Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP

1. They never quit - Even though they have been behind in their loses by at least double digits they don't pack it in. They battled all the way til the end.
2. Troy Polamalu - The player on defense this season.
3. Creating turnovers - Nice to see the defense come up with big plays with turnovers.
4. Pass defense - When you hold a QB to less than 100 yards you usually win.
5. Brett Keisel - He picked up a sack and a FR. Good game from him.

DOWN

1. Falling behind big early - The Steelers dug themselves once again in too big of a hole to climb out. The trend with these losses continues.
2. Shaun Suisham - His perfect season came crashing down today unfortunately. Those missed FGs were the difference in the game.
3. OL misery - Injuries and ineffectiveness. What a disaster.
4. Turnovers - Still can't protect the ball.
5. Giving up the longest QB TD run in NFL history - You knew it was going to be a long day when that happened.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!

Last edited by 1BackInBlackFan on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up
Nfl rushing record by a QB.

Down
Tomlin
Lebeau
Haley
Rooneys
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Antonio Brown - Dude just flat out makes plays.
2. Le'Veon Bell -- I'm tired of people dogging on this kid. Our Offensive line is garbage, he has to make his own lanes, he isn't Adrian Peterson. He wasn't drafted to be. He does a good job running the football and would do better behind an offenisve line with 4 upgrades.
3. Troy Polamalu -- Great Int!

Downs - in no particular order

1. Todd Haley -- Dude has to go. This run, run, pass offense, especially when you're down by 18 points, it's garbage.
2. Tomlin -- For tolerating this run, run, pass offense when we're down by 18 and not demanding no huddle which we excel in.
3. Shaun Suisham -- We lose by 3, you cost us 6..just sayin'.
4. Steve McLendon -- You couldn't help stop the run if your life depended on it.
5. Entire Defensive Front 7 -- How many sack opportunities did you just let slip away? And on that first play of the game....EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU bit on the fake..give me a fkin break.
6. Kevin Cobert -- We've got absolutely no doubt at ANY position.
7. Ben Roethlisberger -- No time or not, you made some really stupid throws. 3 of them ended up as INT's
8. QB Rush Record -- The Defense should be embarrassed.
9. Offensive Line -- Jesus...you can't even block the Raiders???
10. Health -- There goes two more OL, might as well put them on IR because our season is over anyway.
11. Secondary -- Gave up far too many first down passes and big plays.
12. Missed Tackles - Everybody on defense had some.
13. Zoltan Mesko -- This guy is absolutely pathetic as a Punter.
14. D!ck LeBeau -- Honestly, the defense looks lost on the field 90% of the time and he is responsible for that.
15. Rooney's -- Enough is Enough. Changes need to be made.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defending Bell is like missing the point. I explained this over and over again. Bell has no special talents to make people miss. We know we have a bad line, knowing that and drafting a 2nd round RB that has no special ability to make people miss or gain his own yards is like drafting a defensive player out of scheme, at least it is for me.
Im not hating on Bell by mentioning this but these results only reinforce exactly what I explained.

I absolutely hated hearing the quote by Tomlin that its so hard to find a running back and that having Bell play in a pro set in college made it easy...That mindset is disappointing...and embarrassing really.

I feel there are better options to be had in this years 2nd round but now it is very unlikely that we will even sniff the position until the 4th round and most likely later if at all, even if there is significant talent available.

That being said I am happy to see that many of you are realizing the need to address the Oline at more than one position.

If we address the line than Bell will have more success its true, but don't bail all the results on the line, the square peg was forced into this round hole.

...you have a forum resume?
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Defending Bell is like missing the point. I explained this over and over again. Bell has no special talents to make people miss. We know we have a bad line, knowing that and drafting a 2nd round RB that has no special ability to make people miss or gain his own yards is like drafting a defensive player out of scheme, at least it is for me.
Im not hating on Bell by mentioning this but these results only reinforce exactly what I explained.

I absolutely hated hearing the quote by Tomlin that its so hard to find a running back and that having Bell play in a pro set in college made it easy...That mindset is disappointing...and embarrassing really.

I feel there are better options to be had in this years 2nd round but now it is very unlikely that we will even sniff the position until the 4th round and most likely later if at all, even if there is significant talent available.

That being said I am happy to see that many of you are realizing the need to address the Oline at more than one position.

If we address the line than Bell will have more success its true, but don't bail all the results on the line, the square peg was forced into this round hole.

I think there are some very good late round speed options but I agree, I don't think we even touch RB til late, and frankly, I don't even think we draft one.

Edit: The more I think about it, I actually really like Bell. I do think he has potential to be even better than he has been and several times last night he made people miss and moved piles. Adrian Peterson himself was shut down a few times this season already.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!

Last edited by wwhickok on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Defending Bell is like missing the point. I explained this over and over again. Bell has no special talents to make people miss. We know we have a bad line, knowing that and drafting a 2nd round RB that has no special ability to make people miss or gain his own yards is like drafting a defensive player out of scheme, at least it is for me. Im not hating on Bell by mentioning this but these results only reinforce exactly what I explained. except he does make people miss in the backfield and always leans forward to get extra yards. When he is able to get more than 1 or 2 steps before getting hit, he lays the hit himself.

there are many disappointing things about the mindset of this team, our front office, and our coaching staff. This is one of them

RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell ran hard against us. I think he is going to be a very solid RB for you guys.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

I wasnt a fan of the pick either....not at all....but seriously, he was constantly being hit as soon as he touched the ball, and gaps he was supposed to hit closed quickly. Is he going to bounce it outside all the time or make speedy players miss constantly? No, but if he gets some help, I see the tools for him to be a good RB for us. He will never be a

Very few RBs, if any, would have much success behind our current, constantly makeshift OLine.

Quote:

It isnt necessarily wrong, though.

Quote:

Agreed. Cant comment too much since I dont know alot of the RBs that well, yet.

Quote:

Ive been saying it for awhile.

Mainly on the left side. If we kept Velasco, him or Pouncey could move to LG and that MIGHT fix that.

We still dont have a single starting caliber LT on the roster though.

Quote:

Are you calling Bell the square peg, or referring to our linemens talents in regards to the blocking scheme?

If the former is the case, I dont see that at all.

If the latter is the case, then I do blame the line for our OLine woes....that and the coaches.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell has looked fine. Any game he's been stuffed, any other RB would of too. Can't blame him for the line being terrible/injured/coached. I think he looks far better than the rest of the crap we've been putting out there, he runs hard and has patience/vision.

We have no foundation for a running game, so it's silly to blame a RB for poor production. Every week there's a new offensive line out there. Any time someone steps up, like DeCastro was starting to do this year, they get hurt.

Bell is not one of our issues on offense. If anything, he's a bright spot.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the comparison of Bell to Forte. Neither is very fast. Neither is very shifty. But both use power and smarts and a little bit of wiggle to be productive. I'm not blown away by Bell thus far. But given the circumstances it's hard to judge him. He is NOT the problem. He has the attributes to be a legit #1RB. He just doesn't have the personnel in front of him. IMO, they got a better RB in the 2nd rd with Bell than they did in the 1st rd with Mendy. Bell gives 100% on every play I've seen. Hopefully they can give him the opportunity to show what he's got.

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

JPN,

I missed the game (good thing I missed it) , but were the OL injuries from fellow OL teammates being thrown onto other teammates knees and ankles like last year? If that is the case, they better clear out the OL and start over because the OL can never stay healthy. On that topic, have there been any other teams in recent years to have the OL injuries that this team has had? It just seems really bad how frequently this team suffers OL injuries, so I thought I would ask.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every team has them. Though I can't think of a team having them every single week like we do. Every week we lose a starter. Every year we draft someone else who is then hurt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: