Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

@ Raiders 5 Up & 5 Down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: @ Raiders 5 Up & 5 Down Reply with quote

I dont even feel like waiting for someone to make this topic because I have never been so livid as a Steelers fan. Even the Super Bowl Losses weren'tthis bad... It's one thing to lose a game you know you could... But to lose in this manner... AGAIN...

Up
1.) Troy Polamalu... As someone else said he clearly cared and it showed. 1 Interception, 1 Sack, 1 Run Stuff
2.) William Gay... He gave his all while out there.

Down
1.) Todd Hailey... Guy literally has maybe 50 plays in his entire playbook. And they all include some combination of the same 3 routes; A 2-Route, A Drag and An Option route. Not to mention his entire obsession with trying to establish the run in the 3rd quarter which literally took way an entire quarter from the team as they tried to come back down 18.
2.) Ben Roethlisberger... You might be saying "what" but hear me out... With 1:48 left and the clock stopped on 2nd and 3 in the Red Zone he called a Timeout instead of taking the DoG. Given they were on the other side of the 2 Minute Warning this was the worst thing he could do and literally took away any opportunity the offense might have had afterwards.
3.) Ike Taylor... Literally just lulling out there. Gave up on several plays from the Raiders rather than giving full effort. William Gay is our best Cornerback at this point in the season. I'm tired of watching him dog it. Playing outside teachnique on the 3rd and 8 on the goal line just sealed it for me
4.) Shaun Suisham... I had to do this to Sushi but he missed a freakin' chippy. Then to shank the 40-yarder too after hitting the 1st attempt. No excuse, injured or not.
5.) LeVeon Bell... I don't care if we were on our 7th and the linemen... Dude literally had no lateral agility, no urgency, and just looked lost out there. The Ravens game is looking more and more like an anomally rather than the norm.
6.) Health... Why cant this team get through a game without an O-Line injury? I thought they were made to wear mandatory knee braces?
7.) Mike Tomlin... Getting desperate/thirsty to challenge in the 1st half on two attempts
8.) Antonio Brown... Has shown up for like 90% of the season so I wont really fault him but he had 2 critical drops this game.

- 7/24/14
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im good with much of your downs..

...you have a forum resume?
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: @ Raiders 5 Up & 5 Down Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont even feel like waiting for someone to make this topic because I have never been so livid as a Steelers fan. Even the Super Bowl Losses weren'tthis bad... It's one thing to lose a game you know you could... But to lose in this manner... AGAIN...

Up
1.) Troy Polamalu... As someone else said he clearly cared and it showed. 1 Interception, 1 Sack, 1 Run Stuff

Down
1.) Todd Hailey... Guy literally has maybe 50 plays in his entire playbook. And they all include some combination of the same 3 routes; A 2-Route, A Drag and An Option route. Not to mention his entire obsession with trying to establish the run in the 3rd quarter which literally took way an entire quarter from the team as they tried to come back down 18.
2.) Ben Roethlisberger... You might be saying "what" but hear me out... With 1:48 left and the clock stopped on 2nd and 3 in the Red Zone he called a Timeout instead of taking the DoG. Given they were on the other side of the 2 Minute Warning this was the worst thing he could do and literally took away any opportunity the offense might have had afterwards.
3.) Ike Taylor... Literally just lulling out there. Gave up on several plays from the Raiders rather than giving full effort. William Gay is our best Cornerback at this point in the season. I'm tired of watching him dog it. Playing outside teachnique on the 3rd and 8 on the goal line just sealed it for me
4.) Shaun Suisham... I had to do this to Sushi but he missed a freakin' chippy. Then to shank the 40-yarder too after hitting the 1st attempt. No excuse, injured or not.
5.) LeVeon Bell... I don't care if we were on our 7th and the linemen... Dude literally had no lateral agility, no urgency, and just looked lost out there. The Ravens game is looking more and more like an anomally rather than the norm.
6.) Health... Why cant this team get through a game without an O-Line injury? I thought they were made to wear mandatory knee braces?
7.) Mike Tomlin... Getting desperate/thirsty to challenge in the 1st half on two attempts
8.) Antonio Brown... Has shown up for like 90% of the season so I wont really fault him but he had 2 critical drops this game.

Which is more than you can say for most #1 WRs in the league....I'm sorry...I was skeptical at the beginning of the season, but he's "balled out" for most of the season.

Anyway, my UPs and DOWNs:

1. Troy...Like I said earlier...dude has heart!
2. Keisel was the only DL worth a crap today. Heyward gave effort, but was mostly neutralized all day.
3. Ben...Man was hit OVER and OVER all day, and he's still healthy...PLEASE do not trade him this off season.
4. Dwyer...yep, I said it...he wasn't awesome, but he ran with heart on the KR and a couple of runs...it seems like he's committed (seems being the optimal word there)
5. Cotch...he made a couple of tough catches today...dude has good hands, if nothing else.

DOWNS: (Oh, where to start)
1. Suisham--can't deny he missed a couple of, what should have been, easy FGs.
2. Offense--As Blaq stated, establishing the run in the 3rd Qtr when down by 18...really? Should have went no huddle immediately, IMO.
3. DL--Neutralized most of the day. McFadden had his way in the 1st half. (they did limit him to 17 yds on 11 carries in the 2nd half, though)
4. OL--health AND execution...ugh.
5. I'm SO TIRED OF LOSING TO THE RAIDERS!!!!

That is all!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
95lloyd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you played terrible when someone lists Dwyer as a positive.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95lloyd wrote:
You know you played terrible when someone lists Dwyer as a positive.

Agreed! LOL!!

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaq hit all the points.

I thought Bell looked good. Hard to do much when you are getting hit as soon as the ball is handed to you.

Heath has been dropping the ball more than he usually does. Dropped an easy TD....was that the one that ended on an INT or the one that ended Bell's TD? If the former, thats even worse.

Suisham...I expect him to get alot of hate this week, but I dont blame him. He has been consistent, and while there is no real excuse for missing chip shots, the offense constantly depending on FGs is a much bigger issue than him missing a couple.

That was stupid by Ben to call a timeout instead of taking the delay penalty. When we got down to 2:30, I wouldve taken a few shots to the sidelines and endzone, and kicked the FG before the 2 minute warning. That wouldve put us within a score with 2+ minutes and effectively 4 timeouts counting the 2MW. Instead of 2 timeouts under 2 minutes. Couldve got the ball back with 1:30+ and a timeout with how conservatively the Raiders were playing.

This season is lost.

The thing is, there is no one area, aside from OLine, that is playing particularly atrociously. It just seems like when we really need a play from a certain unit or player, they dont make it. They make them at times, but not crucial times.

Anyway....that Pryor run set the tone for the entire game.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Blaq hit all the points.

I thought Bell looked good. Hard to do much when you are getting hit as soon as the ball is handed to you.

Heath has been dropping the ball more than he usually does. Dropped an easy TD....was that the one that ended on an INT or the one that ended Bell's TD? If the former, thats even worse.

Suisham...I expect him to get alot of hate this week, but I dont blame him. He has been consistent, and while there is no real excuse for missing chip shots, the offense constantly depending on FGs is a much bigger issue than him missing a couple.

That was stupid by Ben to call a timeout instead of taking the delay penalty. When we got down to 2:30, I wouldve taken a few shots to the sidelines and endzone, and kicked the FG before the 2 minute warning. That wouldve put us within a score with 2+ minutes and effectively 4 timeouts counting the 2MW. Instead of 2 timeouts under 2 minutes. Couldve got the ball back with 1:30+ and a timeout with how conservatively the Raiders were playing.

This season is lost.

The thing is, there is no one area, aside from OLine, that is playing particularly atrociously. It just seems like when we really need a play from a certain unit or player, they dont make it. They make them at times, but not crucial times.

Anyway....that Pryor run set the tone for the entire game.

We got, what, 3 turnovers today, but couldn't generate anything offensively to take advantage of them consistently. All season we've been BEGGING for TOs...today we got them...but as you said, couldn't take advantage of them or they weren't at the critical junctures when we needed them.

CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whimper's injury looked serious, Decastro suffered some injury to his ankle, and Foster went out. That's the entire interior line they started with potentially done. They have no tackles left. They are down to Cody Wallace on the interior. This is a horrendous mess, and the young guys can't even use the rest of the season to get reps.

I worry about Ben's health going forward. Nothing would be worse than him suffering a season ending injury that sets him back for next year, as well. The OL was atrocious today across the board. A lousy Raiders team was able to pin its ears back and blitz. It's a young unit, but I don't see a ton of talent going forward.

The season is over, and serious changes are needed. Haley needs to go and this offense needs a new direction. He's lost me for good after that 3rd quarter display. Hell, just fire Haley and let Ben run the offense. It can't be any worse.

Some of these young guys need to take the rest of the year and figure out what kind of team they want this to be going forward.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP

1) AB .. another great return and standard great WR play outta him. One drop really could've kept that drive alive. But that guy gave him a good lick
2) Troy .. he's a mad man. I love him
3) Heyward ... I like the guy a lot. The fact he made a tackle downfield shows the effort he has. Really a stretch for that to be an up. If he had better counterparts I think he'd have more opportunities. Another offseason and I think he could be a star.
4) Say Hey Willie Gay ... Few nice passes defended. I think he's being more lucky than good tho
5) Timmons .. I was going to say the long snapper but this guy is All-Pro worthy like LeBeau said

Down

1) Mesko/Suisham .. Mesko few terrible punts, few bobbles on the snaps one of which was blocked. Nice check on that one punt at the one. Suisham after he missed his first of the year was like a head case and was worthless the rest of the game. That onside kick was similar to what any one of us could've done

2) O Line ... A sieve out there. Few injuries hurt the continuity

3) Ben ... T.O. completely inexcusable. The pass that was a INT that got called back inexcusable. What is this 500? Nice play on Sanders TD. Take the good with the bad with Ben I guess. Some of those sacks are on him. Throw it away. Also on his illegal forward pass he had daylight for that first down.

4) Ike ... completely sucks. If he doesn't have help over top and is in man he consistently gets beat. Thinking about that one when the guy ran a deep hitch and Ike was still running in the end zone. He's been getting killed on slants as well

5) Coaches ... The men aren't prepared. That zone read first play is their offense textbook. How are you not ready for that? I'd go for it on some of the 4th downs in the red area. I like that one play where Brown motions and they run a screen to Bell. That had some success
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the talk about Ike today (and he had a few head scratchers), the Raiders didn't even throw for over 100 yards. He's probably averaging under 50 yards allowed against him all season long. And I really doubt lack of effort was an issue from him, whatever mistakes he made. He allowed 2-3 catches off the top of my head that pissed me off, but weren't gamebreaking by any means. If you aren't happy with him, who are you going to be happy with in terms of coverage? There aren't many.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: @ Raiders 5 Up & 5 Down Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:

Up

Down

I think you have everything pretty much covered. The only thing I would add is how important Suisham's misses were. They literally cost us the game. Both field goals were easy and should have been made. The one FG I could have made. When we have solid drives that stall we expect those kicks to be made. Suisham went from last weeks hero to the whole seasons goat with those two misses. They not only cost us the game but also the season.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
For all the talk about Ike today (and he had a few head scratchers), the Raiders didn't even throw for over 100 yards. He's probably averaging under 50 yards allowed against him all season long. And I really doubt lack of effort was an issue from him, whatever mistakes he made. He allowed 2-3 catches off the top of my head that pissed me off, but weren't gamebreaking by any means. If you aren't happy with him, who are you going to be happy with in terms of coverage? There aren't many.

They didn't have to throw. I tweeted out in the 3rd quarter that the Raiders were playing not to lose, usually that comes back and bites ya in the arse. I'd like to see how many times they threw in the 2nd half. They shut down the offense the entire 2nd half. They made us beat them and Lord we had all the opportunities in the world but still couldn't get it done
chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: @ Raiders 5 Up & 5 Down Reply with quote

Josh C Smith wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Up

Down

I think you have everything pretty much covered. The only thing I would add is how important Suisham's misses were. They literally cost us the game. Both field goals were easy and should have been made. The one FG I could have made. When we have solid drives that stall we expect those kicks to be made. Suisham went from last weeks hero to the whole seasons goat with those two misses. They not only cost us the game but also the season.

True. Didn't think about that. Suisham is just a patsy lol
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they continued at their first half pace they would have fallen well short of 200 yards passing on the day. So, yea, the slant and the play where he simply misread the route and kept running were bad. Pass defense wasn't the issue today, and most of what they got through the air came on rollouts on plays where the WR's came back to the football. He allowed two big plays with near perfect coverage when the ball and catch were perfect.

And another factor is Lebeau started having them press more in the 2nd half instead of the cushions.

Taylor's pay is out of whack and his age is a concern, but he's still playing at a pretty high level.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

They didn't have to throw. I tweeted out in the 3rd quarter that the Raiders were playing not to lose, usually that comes back and bites ya in the arse. I'd like to see how many times they threw in the 2nd half. They shut down the offense the entire 2nd half. They made us beat them and Lord we had all the opportunities in the world but still couldn't get it done

Thinking about it. I don't think they threw a pass more than 10 yards down the field in the second half

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: