Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garrett and Co. - Defend them
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Baixis


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1488
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Baixis wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Baixis wrote:
If we don't WIN a playoff game, I'm all for hiring Zimmer!


I'll never be in support of that.


No surprise, as you and I RARELY agree on anything (except the OL love probably). But could you at least say WHY? I know there have to be at least a few people interested in your thinking on this.

From my pov - Zimmer runs a 4-3 (which we now run) that has looked great for many years! And I would argue that Cincy has had less talent that we have too. I believe I've read a number of times in various places that Zimmer's 4-3 and Carroll's 4-3 are similar to Kiffin's - but better from everything I can see! He's primed for a HC gig. He's been here before and JJ liked him. We had the #1 defense the year before bill showed up with Zim running the D. Zim actually is good enough too to adapt his style and have a solid defense, in a system he had never coached before (that's studly!). So why would you not be in favor of this.

Lastly, I would take a defensive HC over an offensive coach almost any day. Offensive guys tend to get too wrapped up in their 'offensive genius' while the rest of the team suffers. Zimmer at HC, with Marinelli at DC, and a young stud at OC, and I would be happy. That being said, if we win 9-10 games AND win a playoff game, I might be ok with Red being around for another year.


That part in bold makes ZERO sense, man.

Running a 34 and 43 front makes only a difference in the front alignment. The overalll concepts remain the same. It makes no difference if you run a cover 2 with a 43 front or a 34 front. Parcells and Belichick ran a 34 front with a cover 2 defense. Kiffin runs a 43 front cover 2. But overall it doesn't matter. It makes no difference if Zimmer runs a 43, because, while we do deploy a 4-3 front alignment, we run a cover 2 defense - which is what Zimmer runs as well. That is what matters. Just because we run a 43 front now, does not mean all the coaches that run a 43 front is a good fit. A 4-3 defensive front alignment is NOT a type of defense, it is simply how your players line up to play your actual scheme.

And Carrol doesn't run a 4-3. Nor does he run a 3-4. He runs a hybrid, which is very similar to a 4-3 with an under package alignment - that is, 4 down linemen, with 3 linebackers, with your weakside linebacker lined up on the line of scrimmage, in a 2 point (stand up) stance ready to rush the passer. He also deploys full blown 3-4 fronts, and has made use of a 3-3 front nickel defense, and even a 2-4 nickel. Carrol's defense is complicated, because of how many fronts he utilizes.

And overall, Carrol's coverage and run stop schemes are just as complicated. He is not as simple as Kiffin or Zimmer. Carrol uses a lot of man-zone packages, where there is man and zone in each play. He also has a wide array of corner blitzes and other zone blitzes, but yet still makes use of the classic man under/zone deep defenses. He runs it all, makes use of it all, and has one of the more complicated defenses in the league right now. Which is why he is widely considered one of the better defensive minds in coaching today.

Sorry if I seem like I'm condescending, just seemed very uneducated to say what you said and I had to explain and elaborate Razz


Yeah, we've been down this road before, and we're gonna have to agree to disagree, because it DOES matter. And unless you can provide some serious credentials for your opinions, then I am definitely going to have to call you out, not only as a condescending know-it-all, but as one that actually knows less than most on this site. You tend to give big, long, drawn out explanations of stuff, but half the stuff I've read from you sounds plain wrong, made up, or embellished. And no, we're not gonna get into specific examples (other than what you've written in reply to me) because it's simply my opinion of you. So unless you are some kind of coaching guru, and can prove it - yeah, you might want to slow your roll some. Your first paragraph - yeah, sounds very novice to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37167
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
pierrepet wrote:
Dallas cannot and should not fire anyone from this coaching staff for at least another year. I too am dissapointed with the mediocrity, but successful organizations do not change coaches and philosophies every 3 years. Dallas has to give Garrett and Kiffing at least 4-5 years in my opinion.

Kiffin does not have the personell to run this defense.


Garrett has been in charge for 6 years now. He was the defacto head coach when he was the OC, and was the head coach for the last 3 seasons. That's more than enough time to prove whether you can get the job done or not. And he can't. I agree that none of the defensive coaches should go anywhere because the injuries to the defense - namely, the d-line - have been so horrific that it's impossible to determine how the new scheme will play out with a healthy group of personnel.


I'll never understand why you resort to this type of manipulation of the facts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23920
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how anyone can argue that Redball has been in charge for 6 years when there has been a clear difference in effort given by players. There are so many accurate descriptions of our situations. Why people resort to fabricating these absolutely lazy narratives I will never understand.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 13220
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I don't see how anyone can argue that Redball has been in charge for 6 years when there has been a clear difference in effort given by players. There are so many accurate descriptions of our situations. Why people resort to fabricating these absolutely lazy narratives I will never understand.


JG has been HC in waiting since 2007. I knew that. You knew that. The players knew that. Jerry paid Jason HC money to be OC. I don't think it's a stretch to say that JG had more influence on Jerry than Wade ever did. And, I might be willing to go along with you that their is a difference in effort, but unfortunately... the results are the same. That's the problem.
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shags74


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 94
Location: Troy, NY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, PART of me feels like we were better off with Wade Phillips than with Garrett. We were 13-3 in '07 and 11-5 in '09 with Wade and won our one playoff game with him at the helm. For some reason, the team completely quit on him in '10 and it was clear a change had to be made.

However, I don't remember Wade ever icing his own kicker, using his timeouts too early, and finding new absolutely uncanny ways to lose games week in and week out.

And I'm getting sick and tired of Garrett's platitudes and catch phrases about "process" and everything else, sounding like a broken record and getting the same result over and over again.

Granted, I think Garrett is a pretty good evaluator of talent, he does seem to have a feel for players with the right character/motivation, and I think there have been SOME improvements with discipline, reduction of penalties, etc. But I feel like it's reaching the point where enough is enough and the results aren't where they want to be. The backbreaking penalties and plays are still happening at the absolutely most inopportune times, which comes down to coaching. He still doesn't appear to know how to manage a game or clock.

If you factor in his time as HC and OC/heir apparent, there hasn't been enough progress and the same issues continue to rear their ugly head. There are of course a combination of factors, and things are not always completely black or white. But, the buck ultimately stops with the HC, rightly or wrongly. This isn't the situation where you can fire him mid-season like Wade's was, but I don't think you can give him past this year if things don't improve; ESPECIALLY when this division should practically be wrapped up already given the competition, and we STILL can't put it away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37167
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like some of you need to better understand the "Process". When Phillips took over, he had the most talented roster the Cowboys have had in 20 years. From the day he took over, until the day he was fired, ~15 major contributors/starters remained the same. In essence, out of our top 25 players, in a 4 year period, only 10 new guys were contributing.

To contrast that with Garret, he only has 9 players that were contributing from the Phillips era. And if we are being Honest, Bryant and Lee were not even starters under the Phillips regime. 5 of those are hold overs from the Parcells era. So while the top 25 list was very similar the entire time Phillips was here, it has changed dramatically under Garrett.

The Team that Philips inherited and how he left it:

2006:
Romo
Barber
Jones
Austin
Owens
Glenn
Crayton
Witten
Adams
Colombo
Gurode
Kosier
Pettite
Bowen
Canty
Ratliff
Hatcher
Spears
Ayodele
James
Ware
Carpenter
Newman
Henery
Williams
Davis

2010
Romo
Barber

F Jones
M Austin
Bryant
Williams
Witten
Colombo
Davis

Free
Gurode
Kosier
Bowen
Hatcher
Ratliff
Spears

Olshansky
Brooking
James
Spencer
Ware
Ball
Sensebaugh
Newman
Jenkins

2013:
Romo
Murray
Bryant*
Austin
Williams
Witten
Smith
Leary
Fredrick
Waters
Free
Ware
Hatcher

Hayden
Selvie
Durant
Lee*
Carter
Claiborne
Carr
Scandrick
Chruch
Wilcox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
be WARE94


Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Posts: 2197
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still don't like our performance in close games....and that is a reflection of coach no doubt.....he needs to fix that by the end of this year.....if we were closing the games out right and actually winning these nail biters garrett supporters would chalk that up to good coaching.....so don't give me the "the players are the ones on the field THEY need to make the plays" crap....can't have your cake and eat it too.....the coach AND players need to figure out how to close games if we are ever going to be consistently competitive....enough is enough....
_________________

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20399
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
pierrepet wrote:
Dallas cannot and should not fire anyone from this coaching staff for at least another year. I too am dissapointed with the mediocrity, but successful organizations do not change coaches and philosophies every 3 years. Dallas has to give Garrett and Kiffing at least 4-5 years in my opinion.

Kiffin does not have the personell to run this defense.


Garrett has been in charge for 6 years now. He was the defacto head coach when he was the OC, and was the head coach for the last 3 seasons. That's more than enough time to prove whether you can get the job done or not. And he can't. I agree that none of the defensive coaches should go anywhere because the injuries to the defense - namely, the d-line - have been so horrific that it's impossible to determine how the new scheme will play out with a healthy group of personnel.


I'll never understand why you resort to this type of manipulation of the facts.


Please explain what I manipulated in that post. Has Garrett not been our OC before? Was he not the head-coach-in-waiting when he was the OC? Was he not known to be the "real" head coach of the team even while Wade was here because of his "influence"? Is he not the coach now? Is this not his third year as head coach, thus him being the head coach for 3 full years no considering Wade was fired immediately following the collapse against Green Bay? Should we not retain our defensive coaches? Are there not a number of injuries to the defense? Will the scheme not be beneficial to a d-line of healthy players?
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37167
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
pierrepet wrote:
Dallas cannot and should not fire anyone from this coaching staff for at least another year. I too am dissapointed with the mediocrity, but successful organizations do not change coaches and philosophies every 3 years. Dallas has to give Garrett and Kiffing at least 4-5 years in my opinion.

Kiffin does not have the personell to run this defense.


Garrett has been in charge for 6 years now. He was the defacto head coach when he was the OC, and was the head coach for the last 3 seasons. That's more than enough time to prove whether you can get the job done or not. And he can't. I agree that none of the defensive coaches should go anywhere because the injuries to the defense - namely, the d-line - have been so horrific that it's impossible to determine how the new scheme will play out with a healthy group of personnel.


I'll never understand why you resort to this type of manipulation of the facts.


Please explain what I manipulated in that post. Has Garrett not been our OC before? Was he not the head-coach-in-waiting when he was the OC? Was he not known to be the "real" head coach of the team even while Wade was here because of his "influence"? Is he not the coach now? Is this not his third year as head coach, thus him being the head coach for 3 full years no considering Wade was fired immediately following the collapse against Green Bay? Should we not retain our defensive coaches? Are there not a number of injuries to the defense? Will the scheme not be beneficial to a d-line of healthy players?



Garrett has been in charge for 6 years now. <== that is simply not true
He was the defacto head coach when he was the OC <== No, not really. You can say he was the HC in waiting, but in no way did he have the authority of a HC
That's more than enough time to prove whether you can get the job done or not.<== an opinion, but Id argue that in 3 years, he has transition the bulk of our roster and did a major rebuild.
Was he not known to be the "real" head coach of the team even while Wade was here because of his "influence"? <== No, he wasnt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20399
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shags74 wrote:
At this point, PART of me feels like we were better off with Wade Phillips than with Garrett. We were 13-3 in '07 and 11-5 in '09 with Wade and won our one playoff game with him at the helm. For some reason, the team completely quit on him in '10 and it was clear a change had to be made.


The team quit on him because he quickly eroded the product. He won with the talent Parcells had, not his own. The team underachieved with Parcells because they got tired of his bullying ways and media hoopla over his relationship with Jerry. They gave up on Wade because he's a terrible head coach.

Quote:
However, I don't remember Wade ever icing his own kicker, using his timeouts too early, and finding new absolutely uncanny ways to lose games week in and week out.


It takes a special kind of failure to invent new and creative ways to lose. But not just lose; to lose at losing. Garrett fails just enough to keep people thinking that he's getting better at his job without actually improving the team, yet won't fail enough to where it will warrant a high enough draft pick to land a monumental impact player (should Jerry be smart enough to draft one who isn't a CB). You can't teach that kind of suckage. It's innate. It's no wonder why Jerry likes him so much. Garrett sucks just as much as a head coach as he does as a GM.

Quote:
And I'm getting sick and tired of Garrett's platitudes and catch phrases about "process" and everything else, sounding like a broken record and getting the same result over and over again.


Oh come on. He also mentions that they play hard, work hard, and strive to get better. That doesn't make you happy happy?

No? Me either. He can have his "process". As a strong supporter of Six Sigma, I'll see his "process" and improve it; via his removal from his position.

Quote:
Granted, I think Garrett is a pretty good evaluator of talent, he does seem to have a feel for players with the right character/motivation, and I think there have been SOME improvements with discipline, reduction of penalties, etc. But I feel like it's reaching the point where enough is enough and the results aren't where they want to be. The backbreaking penalties and plays are still happening at the absolutely most inopportune times, which comes down to coaching. He still doesn't appear to know how to manage a game or clock.


That's the issue. Being a solid talent evaluator - which he certainly seems to be - doesn't qualify a person to be a head coach. If it did, then Ozzie Newsome could/would/should be the greatest head coach of our lifetime (even though he's never coached) and Bill Belichick would be one of the worst (because his talent evaluation is very suspect). There is little, if any, correlation between the two. As little as I want Garrett as our head coach, I'd be really happy with him as a GM. I think he'd do an outstanding job as long as Jerry stayed out of the way.

Quote:
If you factor in his time as HC and OC/heir apparent, there hasn't been enough progress and the same issues continue to rear their ugly head. There are of course a combination of factors, and things are not always completely black or white. But, the buck ultimately stops with the HC, rightly or wrongly. This isn't the situation where you can fire him mid-season like Wade's was, but I don't think you can give him past this year if things don't improve; ESPECIALLY when this division should practically be wrapped up already given the competition, and we STILL can't put it away.


The buck starts with Jerry. As long as he fosters the community of indifference and a lack of accountability, it will be very difficult for any head coach - regardless of qualification and/or resume - to come in and change the losing culture which exists here. This is what Jerry wants. Mediocrity, with a crap-ton of media attention. And this is what we as fans have received for 17 years.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20399
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
pierrepet wrote:
Dallas cannot and should not fire anyone from this coaching staff for at least another year. I too am dissapointed with the mediocrity, but successful organizations do not change coaches and philosophies every 3 years. Dallas has to give Garrett and Kiffing at least 4-5 years in my opinion.

Kiffin does not have the personell to run this defense.


Garrett has been in charge for 6 years now. He was the defacto head coach when he was the OC, and was the head coach for the last 3 seasons. That's more than enough time to prove whether you can get the job done or not. And he can't. I agree that none of the defensive coaches should go anywhere because the injuries to the defense - namely, the d-line - have been so horrific that it's impossible to determine how the new scheme will play out with a healthy group of personnel.


I'll never understand why you resort to this type of manipulation of the facts.


Please explain what I manipulated in that post. Has Garrett not been our OC before? Was he not the head-coach-in-waiting when he was the OC? Was he not known to be the "real" head coach of the team even while Wade was here because of his "influence"? Is he not the coach now? Is this not his third year as head coach, thus him being the head coach for 3 full years no considering Wade was fired immediately following the collapse against Green Bay? Should we not retain our defensive coaches? Are there not a number of injuries to the defense? Will the scheme not be beneficial to a d-line of healthy players?



Garrett has been in charge for 6 years now. <== that is simply not true
He was the defacto head coach when he was the OC <== No, not really. You can say he was the HC in waiting, but in no way did he have the authority of a HC
That's more than enough time to prove whether you can get the job done or not.<== an opinion, but Id argue that in 3 years, he has transition the bulk of our roster and did a major rebuild.
Was he not known to be the "real" head coach of the team even while Wade was here because of his "influence"? <== No, he wasnt


You're wrong on all accounts. But, thanks for shopping.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 9658
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I feel like some of you need to better understand the "Process".


I understand there is a "process" and it takes time. But, Garrett has nearly 4 full seasons as HC and 3 drafts under his belt. The "process" needs to turn into "progress" and it simply isn't happening. The players have changed, the coaching staff under Garrett has changed, yet the results haven't changed a whole lot.
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37167
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
I feel like some of you need to better understand the "Process".


I understand there is a "process" and it takes time. But, Garrett has nearly 4 full seasons as HC and 3 drafts under his belt. The "process" needs to turn into "progress" and it simply isn't happening. The players have changed, the coaching staff under Garrett has changed, yet the results haven't changed a whole lot.


I agree about it needing to progress. I said the same thing before the year, we need to take that next step.

I would say this though - a lot of teams have take a much longer time to rebuild. Even ones with good coaches/QBs. It takes time to draft and develop new talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 13220
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I feel like some of you need to better understand the "Process". When Phillips took over, he had the most talented roster the Cowboys have had in 20 years. From the day he took over, until the day he was fired, ~15 major contributors/starters remained the same. In essence, out of our top 25 players, in a 4 year period, only 10 new guys were contributing.

To contrast that with Garret, he only has 9 players that were contributing from the Phillips era. And if we are being Honest, Bryant and Lee were not even starters under the Phillips regime. 5 of those are hold overs from the Parcells era. So while the top 25 list was very similar the entire time Phillips was here, it has changed dramatically under Garrett.

The Team that Philips inherited and how he left it:

2006:
Romo
Barber
Jones
Austin
Owens
Glenn
Crayton
Witten
Adams
Colombo
Gurode
Kosier
Pettite
Bowen
Canty
Ratliff
Hatcher
Spears
Ayodele
James
Ware
Carpenter
Newman
Henery
Williams
Davis

2010
Romo
Barber

F Jones
M Austin
Bryant
Williams
Witten
Colombo
Davis

Free
Gurode
Kosier
Bowen
Hatcher
Ratliff
Spears

Olshansky
Brooking
James
Spencer
Ware
Ball
Sensebaugh
Newman
Jenkins

2013:
Romo
Murray
Bryant*
Austin
Williams
Witten
Smith
Leary
Fredrick
Waters
Free
Ware
Hatcher

Hayden
Selvie
Durant
Lee*
Carter
Claiborne
Carr
Scandrick
Chruch
Wilcox


Matts, the same thing can be said for nearly every team in the NFL.

I think the Saints are a PERFECT example...

2009 Saints

Jonathan Goodwin
Jahri Evans
Carl Nicks
Jon Stinchcomb
Jammal Brown (Bushrod)
Heath Evans
Jeremy Shockey
Devery Henderson
Marques Colston
Lance Moore
Reggie Bush
Pierre Thomas
Drew Brees

Jonathan Vilma
Roman Harper
Scott Shanle
Malcolm Jenkins
Tracy Porter
Sedrick Ellis
Scott Fujita
Jabari Greer
Randall Gay
Anthony Hargrove
Bobby McCray
Darren Sharper
Jeff Charleston
Will Smith

2013 Saints

Marques Colston
Charles Brown
Ben Grubbs
Brian de la Puente
Jahri Evans
Zach Strief
Jimmy Graham
Kenny Stills
Lance Moore
Drew Brees
Jed Collins
Mark Ingram
Pierre Thomas
Darren Sproles

Akiem Hicks
Brodrick Bunkley
Cameron Jordan
Junior Galette
David Hawthorne
Curtis Lofton
Parys Haralson
Jabari Greer
Kenny Vaccaro
Roman Harper
Malcolm Jenkins
Keenan Lewis

The Saints actually had more turnover than Garrett. The Saints also changed schemes and defensive coordinators. The Saints actually took our defensive coordinator and made him respectable this year with a whole bunch of new players. Yet, Saints have been highly competitive every year since EXCEPT the year they lost their coach.

I'm sure I could do the exact same thing with the Patriots roster as well and show that they have still been competitive.

In today's NFL, over a 3-4 year span, there will be a lot of turnover in the NFL. That's the nature of the salary cap, the collective bargaining agreement and FA.
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37167
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your premise is true, then why was there so little turn over in the 4 years Phillips was here?

when its all said and done, Garrett will have restocked the roster and the only 3 players who will be still around are Romo, witten and ware.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group