Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garrett and Co. - Defend them
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Garrett and Co. - Defend them Reply with quote

Not my usual tone and trying to temper my emotions, but I don't know what else to say regarding this coaching staff. They suck. Time to clean house. Top to bottom.

I had some hopes that Garrett would be able to right the ship. And, though I think he's made some progress in areas; this team is simply too inconsistent and too undisciplined. Poor defense. Poor offense. No leadership, or the wrong kind of leadership. And, I'm pointing at Dez Bryant on that specifically. The 5 year old temper tantrum has no place in this business and is in no way (because I know the "at least he showed emotion" argument is coming) leadership.

Not going into some big tirade beyond this, it's just time to move on.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club

Last edited by WizardHawk on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to fire him mid-season...for who?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we continue to be .500 at the end of this season, then yes, Garrett has to go. I dont think he is HC material at all. His game management sucks.

However, I do want to keep him as a Front Office guy. I really think that is where he belongs. Our drafts have been really good with him as the HC. It's just his coaching that I dont really like.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ready to give up on Garrett, unless the team continues todays trend and ends the season as a totally disfunctional team.

But one thing that jumped out to me, was that he didn't made sure his players knew that on the last KO they had to make sure to keep as much time for the offence as possible to get in FG range with two timeouts. If you are not a returner, then don't waste time on returning the ball.

- It's a little thing, but it's the small things that's the difference between winning and losing.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
If we continue to be .500 at the end of this season, then yes, Garrett has to go. I dont think he is HC material at all. His game management sucks.

However, I do want to keep him as a Front Office guy. I really think that is where he belongs. Our drafts have been really good with him as the HC. It's just his coaching that I dont really like.

Not only have we drafted well with him, but also found some good cheap FA's to help the team out short term.

- I agree that I would love to see him stay in a FO position. But I doubt he would be able to accept that..
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. Lets just blow it up 8 games into the season and see if we can make a play for the 1st pick in the draft. Call Goodell and ask him if there's any way we can forfeit our 1st place standing in the division too.

The overreaction is strong in this forum. I won't make any "BLOW IT UP" "FIRE THIS PERSON" threads until the season is over or we are officially out of the playoffs. Yes, right now we are average. Just like the last two years. But why don't we see what happens the rest of the season before calling for people's heads who may (Callahan) or may not (Garrett YET) deserve it?

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
matt79511

Have Garrett's drafts even been good? Wade was still here in 2010. 2011 looks ok, not great, 2012 looks like a disaster. 2013 looks good but it's early.

DKDALfan wrote:
I'm not ready to give up on Garrett, unless the team continues todays trend and ends the season as a totally disfunctional team.

But one thing that jumped out to me, was that he didn't made sure his players knew that on the last KO they had to make sure to keep as much time for the offence as possible to get in FG range with two timeouts. If you are not a returner, then don't waste time on returning the ball.

- It's a little thing, but it's the small things that's the difference between winning and losing.

and that's the major problem with this team....we are always one poor decision/blunder away from losing and important game.....and we ALWAYS lose that game....broncos game was ours.....this game was ours....we have had 2-3 chances to put some space between us and the rest of the division....and each time we BLEW it.....same story EVERY year....damn

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
be WARE94

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Have Garrett's drafts even been good? Wade was still here in 2010. 2011 looks ok, not great, 2012 looks like a disaster. 2013 looks good but it's early.

he brought in smith the beard and terrance williams....am i missing any other good players we are willing to credit garrett for? lol

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone whined that we needed a new playcaller. We got one.

Everyone whined that Wade had to go, he did.

Everyone whined Bill had to go, he did.

At some point the whining has to stop. At some point the players have to be held accountable for bad plays. And they never are. Coaches tend to be the scapegoat, but in games like today, the players blew it. That blown coverage (or rather, that 8 or 9 blown coverages) vs Calvin Johnson cost us the game. To allow 320+ yards to one player is pathetic. We had guys on him on several of his big catches, and they failed to make a play - you have to get your hand in there, you have to get your shoulder on the ball, you have to do something, anything, to stop him from snagging it. Our guys didn't.

That isn't on the coaches.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:

At some point the whining has to stop. At some point the players have to be held accountable for bad plays. And they never are. Coaches tend to be the scapegoat, but in games like today, the players blew it. That blown coverage (or rather, that 8 or 9 blown coverages) vs Calvin Johnson cost us the game. To allow 320+ yards to one player is pathetic. We had guys on him on several of his big catches, and they failed to make a play - you have to get your hand in there, you have to get your shoulder on the ball, you have to do something, anything, to stop him from snagging it. Our guys didn't.

I am just gonna go ahead and quote this...

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:

he brought in smith the beard and terrance williams....am i missing any other good players we are willing to credit garrett for? lol

Soooo...

when we select good players, it's the coach who drafted them. When we select bad players, it's Jerry who drafted them?

Garrett did not select Fredrick, Williams and Smith. The entire staff, including our Owner/GM, made those picks.

Sorry to go off topic, just irks me when people give all the good credit to the coaches on good selections, and give all the bad credit to Jerry on the bad selections. Jerry is just as much involved in the good picks as the bad ones.

Read the Football FAQ!
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:

Applause

Great post. For some reason, people DO NOT understand this. A coach can make the PERFECT play call at the PERFECT time but its 100% up to the players to execute the play call if it's going to work. Carr was straight up manhandled today. The pass rush was non-existent. Tyron Smith inexplicably holds to cost us valuable seconds off the clock. Coaches coach. Players play. Our players suck at playing much of the time.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:

But the players are different too. what do we have left on D in regards of starters from the Wade era? 2 or something like that?

What about offence? 4-5 people out of 11?

In the end, it's up to the coaches to make sure their unit are up to the task.
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:

But the players are different too. what do we have left on D in regards of starters from the Wade era? 2 or something like that?

What about offence? 4-5 people out of 11?

In the end, it's up to the coaches to make sure their unit are up to the task.

Jerry was/is as responsible for the personnel as any coach, both good and bad.

That aside, the coaches called a good game overall. We sucked the defense in with short passes, then beat them deep for two long scores. Good offensive gameplan against a secondary known for cheating up on the shallow passes.

Defensively, we ran a lot of zone blitzing today - a good call considering we have nothing in the ways of DLine pass rush right now, and double that when you consider their biggest offensive weapon is mostly a one-trick deep threat guy. But our guys never got there. Our secondary blew coverages too quickly. Our safeties were way too slow to bring help in from over the top. Our corners were allowing too many inside releases off of the press.

Players need to execute the play call. When they fail to do so, it can be bad. But when they fail to do so on so many plays, on one unit no less, it can be catastrophic.

Read the Football FAQ!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: