Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEZ Bryants Rants....Where do you stand
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where do you stand?
Love the passion that he shows
53%
 53%  [ 32 ]
Do not agree with him, STFU
46%
 46%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 60

hitstreak07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Northland wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I've never seen JG coach with that kind of attitude. His tenure here has been marked by playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Sure, playing to win will sometimes come back to bite a team. But, we've seen first hand that playing not to lose has burnt the Cowboys more over the past 3 years than probably any other 3 year stretch in team history.

Without a doubt my biggest gripe with him.

Garrett's playing not to lose approach will hopefully see him looking for work.

Why do Cowboys fans root for us to do bad? I dont get it.

Hopefully he adjust and starts winning more games.

Matts- You actually are one of my favorite posters on here, and I've sided with you on a lot of posts over the past couple years, but I don't think you're understanding some of the posts on here. That's not an insult to you, but its clearly not that any poster on here wants us to do bad. The problem is, the consistent overall failure of this team.....You say hopefully he will start making adjustments.....why should he just now start? He's had 3 seasons to make adjustments and prove all of us wrong, but he flat out can't do it......What over these past seasons make you think anything is going to change? Every press conference after one of these heartbreaking games, its the same song and dance! "Well we did a lot of good things out there today, but we didn't get it done at the end" ......Uhhhh what?? Yeah we know coach.....We haven't gotten it done in the last 20 years.....You were hired to change that very attitude of "well we are improving every game, but we still aren't winning games that we should".....I was a huge fan of Garrett getting the HC job. I thought he was brilliant, young, and would provide a huge spark that this team didn't have.......He's done the exact same thing that Wade, Campo, Gailey brought to this team, more mediocrity.......I'm not writing this season off by any means, simply because the NFC East is horrid, but I see nothing out of this team that shows me they are capable of making any type of run in the playoffs....
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Northland wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I've never seen JG coach with that kind of attitude. His tenure here has been marked by playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Sure, playing to win will sometimes come back to bite a team. But, we've seen first hand that playing not to lose has burnt the Cowboys more over the past 3 years than probably any other 3 year stretch in team history.

Matts- You actually are one of my favorite posters on here, and I've sided with you on a lot of posts over the past couple years, but I don't think you're understanding some of the posts on here. That's not an insult to you, but its clearly not that any poster on here wants us to do bad. The problem is, the consistent overall failure of this team.....You say hopefully he will start making adjustments.....why should he just now start? He's had 3 seasons to make adjustments and prove all of us wrong, but he flat out can't do it......What over these past seasons make you think anything is going to change? Every press conference after one of these heartbreaking games, its the same song and dance! "Well we did a lot of good things out there today, but we didn't get it done at the end" ......Uhhhh what?? Yeah we know coach.....We haven't gotten it done in the last 20 years.....You were hired to change that very attitude of "well we are improving every game, but we still aren't winning games that we should".....I was a huge fan of Garrett getting the HC job. I thought he was brilliant, young, and would provide a huge spark that this team didn't have.......He's done the exact same thing that Wade, Campo, Gailey brought to this team, more mediocrity.......I'm not writing this season off by any means, simply because the NFC East is horrid, but I see nothing out of this team that shows me they are capable of making any type of run in the playoffs....

I think there is give and take with every coach. With Garrett you get very solid player development. That will lead to wins and (in time) help our cap.

What you give up though is that Garrett refuses to play aggressive. He does everything by the book. Its always the safe choice.

Problem is, we arent talented enough to play it safe. Too many injuries, too many young guys playing key roles, too much turnover on the team. Every now and then you have to take calculated risk. Im not saying to mimic Sean Peyton. But I am saying have faith in your guys.

As for the press conferences - He is very Bill Belichick-ish. He doesnt say anything. Win or loss. Im okay with that, even though its boring.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote] I think there is give and take with every coach. With Garrett you get very solid player development. That will lead to wins and (in time) help our cap.

What you give up though is that Garrett refuses to play aggressive. He does everything by the book. Its always the safe choice.

Problem is, we arent talented enough to play it safe. Too many injuries, too many young guys playing key roles, too much turnover on the team. Every now and then you have to take calculated risk. Im not saying to mimic Sean Peyton. But I am saying have faith in your guys.

As for the press conferences - He is very Bill Belichick-ish. He doesnt say anything. Win or loss. Im okay with that, even though its boring.[/quote]

I agree with what you're saying exactly, and that's what bothers me with him.....However, I would have taken the exact opposite approach yesterday.....If they weren't going to take a true shot at a 1st Down on the last drive, then why not just take the safest route possible?? Dallas obviously had no running attack at all, and had already lost a couple yards (I believe) on the first 2 runs of the last drive.....They obviously weren't going to throw the ball, the line was stacked, why not just take a knee on the last snap, and either kick the FG or Punt??

Dirks was showing a chart of some percentages on how the game was changed on the throw Scandrick gave up.....While I understand that, and its hard to argue numbers, but I couldn't disagree more.....The game was lost by not being able to run the clock down on the last play....Now, lemme also say, that doesn't mean Smith should be let off the hook.....He could've just not blocked the guy at all, and we wouldn't even be having this convo right now.....But if Garrett doesn't trust his guys, and by judging the first 59 minutes of the game, he doesn't.....Then why trust them there?? Be a coach, make a smart decision.....Kneel on the ball, or run a QB sneak.....Something as safe as possible to hold on to the ball, and not even allow your line to make a stupid penalty like Smith did...
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all people to encapsulate my feelings on the Dez Bryant issue right now... believe it or not, it comes from Deion Sanders. Sanders said because of Bryant’s passion and intensity...

Quote:
"He is the only guy in the city of Dallas that Cowboy fans can identify with.”

I think there is a lot of truth in that statement. If TO made the same tirade, I would HATE it. Yet, with Dez, I'm perfectly okay with it right now (that's not to say I wouldn't tire of it at some point in the future). Dez is really the only player who we know gives a damn and as such, we identify with him.

That, and, he's one of the few guys in the NFL that can pull this off on a regular basis...

AKRunner88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Packer fan but enjoy watching the Cowboys. My opinion is that the media are idiots and the people in the general forum, who are gonna bash the Cowboys no matter what, both have it wrong. Some players naturally have larger personalities than others and what he displayed to me was more passion than anything. I think he should learn to cool it a little but have no problem with him showing emotion.
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the former players seem to be OK with it. Keyshawn seems to be his biggest supporter in this. He has been very vocal and animated defending Dez.

------------------------------------------------------
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Northland wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

It's not that I want to see the Cowboys lose. I am tired of Garrett. Remember it's not just his tenure as HC; he was also OC. How many lives or chances does Garrett get? I've just seen enough. The same old we are making progress, at what, leading the league in blown second half leads? At scoring 48 points and losing? At being +5 in turnovers and losing? The only thing that can save Garrett is the lousy division the Cowboys play in. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, and Garrett should be very uneasy. If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi. A once very proud organization is a laughing stock. I am tired of it.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On topic, you guys have all seen the transcript, right?

They're simply talking shop, very loudly.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=268&f=4446&t=12226481
LeeV1990

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been posted already or seen, but this is the link to the video with sound of Romo and Bryant's exchange.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000271605/article/dez-bryants-sideline-show-really-was-all-positive

Now I would be interested to hear the audio of the Witten and Ware interaction.
retrolock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say lots of people in NFL General are probably saying "Aw shucks we thought Dez was being a Diva."

Funny
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Dez-Offers-Further-Explanation-Of-Sideline-Antics/f1f6d776-3775-4381-92ed-4fb8de156397

^ made by CalhounLambeau
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Wow. AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Like I thought. He wasn't being a diva. He was all passion. All motivation. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Wow. AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Like I thought. He wasn't being a diva. He was all passion. All motivation. Laughing

As did I.
dezatron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heath evans is a supreme cowboys hater still trashing dez even with the video but he said nothing about this really?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why or how the Cowboys still get the media coverage they do is beyond me. They are the very defintion olf mediocrity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: