Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fed up and re-starting the Bucs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but with all of the Barron talk I might as well post it here. What if we somehow get Barron to put on 15-20 pounds and make him a linebacker? Is that a crazy idea? I know the 15-20 pound weight gain is, but he has great instincts for a LB and it would allow Banks (a much better cover guy) move to a more natural FS position.

I always wondered that. When Barron was coming out of college he was one of the top ranked LINEBACKERS in the country and didn't play Safety until he got to college. Why not move him back to his natural position and see where it goes. If I am not mistaken that's what the panthers did with Thomas Davis, and what we intended to try with Jermaine Philips, why not?

That wouldn't be a bad move. But you have to consider, 7th overall slb? Watson has been solid.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but with all of the Barron talk I might as well post it here. What if we somehow get Barron to put on 15-20 pounds and make him a linebacker? Is that a crazy idea? I know the 15-20 pound weight gain is, but he has great instincts for a LB and it would allow Banks (a much better cover guy) move to a more natural FS position.

I always wondered that. When Barron was coming out of college he was one of the top ranked LINEBACKERS in the country and didn't play Safety until he got to college. Why not move him back to his natural position and see where it goes. If I am not mistaken that's what the panthers did with Thomas Davis, and what we intended to try with Jermaine Philips, why not?

That wouldn't be a bad move. But you have to consider, 7th overall slb? Watson has been solid.

I actually made a mistake I meant out of High School. But there have been tons of instancrs where top drafy picks have changed postions. The bulk of these changes have neen in the offensive line (I.e. moving from tackle to guard), but if after next year he is stillvstriggling in coverage I don't see why not take advantage of him. I think at 230 he would be an excellent Linebacker as he at this point doesn't have much trouble get aroundbLineman at his current size

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Don't like the Barron Trade
But not Too Bad
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like stokes and thats where it ends.

What's this facination with Roman? The guy has THE best Oline in the league. His offense minus the first game and against jacksonville has sputtered. Anyone actually watched Kaepernick play this year? His OUTSTANDING

113/198, a 57% completion ratio and 9 tds and 5 ints?

Were not talking about an offensive guru. Im sorry. Roman doesnt seem like a guy to me that's fit to run and organization, especially the dumpster fire that we are right now. Lovie Smith or Mike Zimmer. At the end of the day that's who I want.

next trading Barron for a 3rd? Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. First of all, everyone above that said he was a LB in HS? Uhh no he was a highly recruited RB. He played some LB and S in HS, but it was Saban that suggested the switch from RB to S. Next most of his problems have been being in the right spot. Im not going to give up on Barron because Bill Sheridan and Greg Schiano haven't got him to a pro bowl level.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same coaches teaching Barron are the ones sticking Revis in zone for the majority of the game.

Just saying.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
The same coaches teaching Barron are the ones sticking Revis in zone for the majority of the game.

Just saying.

EXXXXACCCCTTTTTLLLLYYYYY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

What's this facination with Roman? The guy has THE best Oline in the league. His offense minus the first game and against jacksonville has sputtered. Anyone actually watched Kaepernick play this year? His OUTSTANDING

Were not talking about an offensive guru. Im sorry. Roman doesnt seem like a guy to me that's fit to run and organization, especially the dumpster fire that we are right now. Lovie Smith or Mike Zimmer. At the end of the day that's who I want.

next trading Barron for a 3rd? Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. First of all, everyone above that said he was a LB in HS? Uhh no he was a highly recruited RB. He played some LB and S in HS, but it was Saban that suggested the switch from RB to S. Next most of his problems have been being in the right spot. Im not going to give up on Barron because Bill Sheridan and Greg Schiano haven't got him to a pro bowl level.

On the Barron at the LB, I could have sworn that he was a linebacker in high school, but http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1153915.html, was what lead me to the conclusion that he was recruited to play linebacker. I do agree that it has been a positioning issue that has lead to some of his mistakes in coverage, but I think that he would have made an excellent linebacker.

In regards to the coaches, Zimmer is a great coach that comes to mind, but do you think a coach who is known for a 3-4 a great fit for a 4-3 team?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

On the Barron at the LB, I could have sworn that he was a linebacker in high school, but http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1153915.html, was what lead me to the conclusion that he was recruited to play linebacker. I do agree that it has been a positioning issue that has lead to some of his mistakes in coverage, but I think that he would have made an excellent linebacker.

In regards to the coaches, Zimmer is a great coach that comes to mind, but do you think a coach who is known for a 3-4 a great fit for a 4-3 team?

He was a top rated ATHLETE, but known for his running style and play in the open field which led to Saban recruiting him to play safety. Regardless you dont move a top 10 pick at safety that has shown flashes at the NFL level to a LB position. He just needs a coach that will teach him proper depth and to STOP biting on pump fakes.

as for Zimmer what do you mean a 3-4 mind? Zimmer runs a 4-3 in Cincy....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

He was a top rated ATHLETE, but known for his running style and play in the open field which led to Saban recruiting him to play safety. Regardless you dont move a top 10 pick at safety that has shown flashes at the NFL level to a LB position. He just needs a coach that will teach him proper depth and to STOP biting on pump fakes.

as for Zimmer what do you mean a 3-4 mind? Zimmer runs a 4-3 in Cincy....

My apologize on both statements. Again like I said I thought he was a linebacker, clearly he was listed as an athlete, I don't want to continue this argument. In regards to Zimmer I could have sworn they ran a 3-4, when they had Atkins, and Peko and before they got Michael Johnson, and Carlos Dunlap. My mistake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
My apologize on both statements. Again like I said I thought he was a linebacker, clearly he was listed as an athlete, I don't want to continue this argument. In regards to Zimmer I could have sworn they ran a 3-4, when they had Atkins, and Peko and before they got Michael Johnson, and Carlos Dunlap. My mistake

all good brother. I get your thoughts on making that move with Barron, but he's shown he can play at the NFL level. It seems to me like coaching is holding him back from that next step. The Thomas Davis thing was at a different time in the NFL. The Panthers took him specifically to be their Derrick Brooks. An undersized LB that would spy Mike Vick.

I think with some coaching Barron will be a very good safety in the league. His mistakes arent athletic ability, it's mental mistakes.

As for Zimmer here's a little tid bit I found...

Quote:
In 2005, he implemented the 3-4 defense favored by head coach Bill Parcells, although Zimmer had no prior experience with it.

He's a 4-3 guy but did run some 3-4.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: