Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fed up and re-starting the Bucs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Fed up and re-starting the Bucs Reply with quote

Bucs will fire Greg Schiano and Mark Dominik. There was no chemistry between the players brought in vs the scheme of Schiano's type of offense and defense.

- Bucs will fire Def. Coordinator Bill Sheridan. Only guy they keep: Brian Cox and McNulty as WRs coach, who was well respected at that position (don't know why he was a QBs coach, awful).

Bucs will hire Current director of college scouting Eric Stokes to General Manager

Bucs hire Greg Roman as Head Coach

Key staff Members:
- Bucs hire Seahawks LBs coach Ken Norton Jr to be our Defensive Coordinator. Brings the Attacking 4-3, as our guys are more suited for that role.
- Bucs hire Ben McAddo as Offensive Coordinator
- Bucs hire Tim Drevno as Oline Coach
- Bucs hire David Canales (seahawks quality control/asst.QBs coach) to QB coach.
- Bucs Hire DJ Durkin (current Gators Def. Coord. and former Special teams coach under Harbaugh at Stanford) to Special Teams coordinator.
- Keep John McNulty as WRs coach, as he is a good positions coach.

Key Moves:
- Bucs trade SS Mark Barron to St. Louis for a 3rd round pick. Barron is awful in coverage and Goldson can play either Safety position and in the box. Bucs move Jonathon Banks to play Centerfield as he is a ball hawk.
- Bucs release Jeremy Zuttah and Davin Joseph. Restructure Donald Penn's contract.
- Cut Deqwan Bowers
- Key Resignings: Dekota Watson.

Free Agency:
- C Brian De La Fuente

-Tarell Brown CB

- DE Brian Orakpo

Draft:
1st Round: QB Marcus Mariotta Oregon

2nd Round: Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech

3rd Round: Michael Sam DE/OLB Missouri

4th Round: Spencer Long G Nebraska

5th Round: Derrick Hopkins DT Va Tech

7th Round: Ciante Evans CB Nebraska

7th Round: DAVID FLUELLEN RB Toledo

Analysis:
Quote:
Roman brings a blend of power run and spread/read option type offense that will make defenses think constantly. We steal McAdoo from Green Bay to run the offense and bring in that blend of power/spread offense. Mariotta is the perfect QB to run this offense with Doug Martin running the football. Ken Norton Jr was by passed for a promotion last off-season. Roman does not change to a 3-4 and brings the attacking 4-3 to Tampa and solidifies depth through the draft up front.

Mark Barron is traded. He is not a very good coverage safety and allows Jonathon Banks to play a more natural position as he is not a man to man press corner. Tarell Brown gives us a solid option at #2 CB and Revis is back to the press man position again. Orakpo, IMO, is a hit or miss prediction. I think there is a 65% chance he hits the market and fits the speed threat at RDE that Seattle runs and allows Clayborn to move to the LDE where he is more suited. De la Puente is a solid underrated move stealing from the Saints.

Draft, as stated before, Mariotta is the perfect QB for this offense. Amaro to me is a poor mans Jimmy Graham that will attack defenses through the seems and be an instant weapon. Michael Sam fitst he OLB/DE Tweener on passing downs that can get to the QB off the bench.

Spencer Long is a solid G that will compete for a job early. Hes solid in both the run and pass and very fluid and mobile. Hopkins brings depth and and solid all around DT against the run and pass behind McCoy and Spence.

Ciante Evans is a depth player that can turn into something. Physical press man CB that can be the dime back earlier in his career. Fuellen is a grinder that fits the mold behind Martin and James and a blend of Demps for speed.

Instantly, this team is upgraded with quality coaches that fit the system. Many want to say it's "college". To me, it needs to be chemistry. Roman has the pedigree and has earned his keep. He's respected in both college and NFL to the point he won't have a problem getting a quality staff together. Working with Stokes to get the right players for the right system you can't go wrong. Not the past regime where Dom and Schiano weren't on the same page in terms of players fitting the right system.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any offseason that has us trading Barron away for a third round pick is a brutal one!

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Any offseason that has us trading Barron away for a third round pick is a brutal one!

Mark Barron is horrible.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Mark Barron is horrible.

Great, then why would anyone trade for him then...

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Yup, silly trade that will never happen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Clayborne physically unable to be effective at LE because of his arm/shoulder or whatever?

I'm not opposed to moving Barron. He struggled his rookie year and seems to be struggling quite a bit this year too. But for a third?

Otherwise, I can't complain too much.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Isn't Clayborne physically unable to be effective at LE because of his arm/shoulder or whatever?

I'm not opposed to moving Barron. He struggled his rookie year and seems to be struggling quite a bit this year too. But for a third?

Clayborn said himself he is not limited to one side. It's never hindered him the media blew things up during the draft process.

And Barron for a 3rd would be legit. Some team will see something in him in terms of youth that needs a safety in a weak class.

And any of you who honestly think Barron is good are delusional.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Clayborn said himself he is not limited to one side. It's never hindered him the media blew things up during the draft process.

And Barron for a 3rd would be legit. Some team will see something in him in terms of youth that needs a safety in a weak class.

And any of you who honestly think Barron is good are delusional.

You base the development of a second year safety under the stewardship of Bill Sheridan and Greg Schiano. Yeah, I'm not ready to go there yet. I would like to see what a professional staff can do with him first.

I appreciate your effort to name your staff. However, I doubt the Pack let's McAdoo go. I think the only way a team gets McAdoo is if he becomes a head coach, that career path of going from the Pack's QB coach to a head coach has been done before (Mike Sherman and Andy Reid).
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barron was balling out the first handful of games this year. His game has slowed as of late like the rest of the team.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
leadkills

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer Bortles to Mariota. Local guy who is really good.
BBando

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Roman.

garbage
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, we are not trading Barron away and if it means anything, his coverage skills have improved
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
yeah, we are not trading Barron away and if it means anything, his coverage skills have improved

Barron continues to miss assignments and cannot cover nor stick with a te. He has poor positioning and ball skills. Gets beat deep and can't turn his head around to play the ball.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but with all of the Barron talk I might as well post it here. What if we somehow get Barron to put on 15-20 pounds and make him a linebacker? Is that a crazy idea? I know the 15-20 pound weight gain is, but he has great instincts for a LB and it would allow Banks (a much better cover guy) move to a more natural FS position.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but with all of the Barron talk I might as well post it here. What if we somehow get Barron to put on 15-20 pounds and make him a linebacker? Is that a crazy idea? I know the 15-20 pound weight gain is, but he has great instincts for a LB and it would allow Banks (a much better cover guy) move to a more natural FS position.

I always wondered that. When Barron was coming out of college he was one of the top ranked LINEBACKERS in the country and didn't play Safety until he got to college. Why not move him back to his natural position and see where it goes. If I am not mistaken that's what the panthers did with Thomas Davis, and what we intended to try with Jermaine Philips, why not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: