Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2004 to 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: 2004 to 2010 Reply with quote

2004 15-1 Division Champions. Lost AFCCG. Cowher - COY. Roethlisberger OROY

2005 11-5 2nd in Division. Super Bowl Champions

2006 8-8 3rd in Division

2007 10-6 Division Champions. Lost Wildcard round

2008 12-4 Division Champions. Super Bowl Champions. Tomlin- COY. Harrison - DPOY

2009 9-7 3rd in Division

2010 12-4 Division Champions. Lost Super Bowl. Polamalu- DPOY

So how impressive is this 7 year run? 3 Super Bowls - 2 Championships. 4 Division Championships.

Yes we didn't make the playoffs after we won Super Bowls but our records weren't bad and with Baltimore and at time Cincy we were in a competitive division.

Those of us who remember the 80's appreciate this run... some who may not have or forget seem to take it for granted.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just hoping it's not over. I'm also hoping the Steelers make history this year and get to the playoffs.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
I'm just hoping it's not over. I'm also hoping the Steelers make history this year and get to the playoffs.

Agreed. We all know we need to get younger so hopefully we can get younger while our veterans continue to play at a high level and begin another 6-7 year run.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hope that people are watching Brady now that his OL is struggling. It isn't pretty. He's missing reads, throwing picks, his mechanics are declining effecting his accuracy. Ben has put up with this nearly every season he's played.

It's easy to make it look easy and pretty when defenders can't sniff you.
chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Agreed. We all know we need to get younger so hopefully we can get younger while our veterans continue to play at a high level and begin another 6-7 year run.

I don't buy this bc what older veterans do you speak of. I highly doubt Keisel is back, Ike's play has declined, Clark is terrible, Gay is our best CB, Foote is not very good, and Heath is good but not the great TE he once was
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

I don't buy this bc what older veterans do you speak of. I highly doubt Keisel is back, Ike's play has declined, Clark is terrible, Gay is our best CB, Foote is not very good, and Heath is good but not the great TE he once was

Wow....I actually agree with all of this.

However, Gay is streaky. He has games where he looks like a really good player, and then he'll look terrible.

This year, he has been pretty damn solid, although nothing special.
chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

However, Gay is streaky. He has games where he looks like a really good player, and then he'll look terrible.

I almost did a wink smiley but I decided it might be a little .. Anyway, can't hate on Gay this year. Surprisingly, a great signing. It's funny we got a comp pick for him leaving last year and got him back this year. The gift that keeps on giving
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

I almost did a wink smiley but I decided it might be a little .. Anyway, can't hate on Gay this year. Surprisingly, a great signing. It's funny we got a comp pick for him leaving last year and got him back this year. The gift that keeps on giving

Well, the reason we let him go in the first place was because he didnt really "give" us much.

But yeah...he has been better this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: