Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fletcher, Biggers, Rocca, Chester, Montgomery, Bowen
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
Turtle, timing with the receivers means nothing if they can't catch!! our entire receiving corps can now use the nickname 50/50!
its not all on the wrs. The funny thing is, when rg3 has to be a pocket passer, he looks exactly how I said he would when you ripped me a new one before the draft. Right now, that has to be discouraging for a person who's a fan of the Redskins.

Bad footwork, bad pocket pressence, late on throws, inaccurate and he doesn't see the whole field.

I'm not going to sit here and say our wrs have been perfect, that'd be foolish, but I'll tell ya they are good enough for us to have a good passing attack if rg3 sees when they're wide open, gets them the ball on time, and is accurate in his delivery. It's been a problem since the Philly game.

No one can sit there and watch the game and think rg3 is passing the ball great right now.

They all have to play better.

The OL has to protect rg3 better, RG3 has to pass better, and the wrs (but Garçon) have to catch the passes better.

Without all that happening, it doesn't matter what one entity of the passing game does well. They all need each other and the wrs need the first two parts of the passing game to be better before we start having a real conversation about this WR core.

I can guarantee you right now, Terrance Williams and Keenan Allen would have the same stats as Hank has in our offense if they were here instead of Hank. Why?

Because Rg3 would be throwing them the ball instead of Romo and Phillip Rivers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mrdriii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont agree. Look at Reed, not every pass has been perfect but last game he caught 9 of 9. If any of those other guys were here, their stats would be better. Why? They fight to get open and catch the ball when it comes their way. They don't body catch every pass. The receivers here just stopped after their routes, stood around and didn't even try to get open. They stood there and left their QB out to dry.

Has he been perfect, no, but he has little to no confidence in the receivers, they abandon the run game too quickly AND they make an OLine who work best on the move, stand and pass block, which isn't their strength. There's plenty of blame to go around but had Aldrick made those two catches, both of which were in his arms, would we be having this conversation.

All that said Griffin is forcing the ball too much and not taking what he's given. He needs to scan the field better and check down once in a while.

Thanx Mike23MD for the sig!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
I dont agree. Look at Reed, not every pass has been perfect but last game he caught 9 of 9. If any of those other guys were here, their stats would be better. Why? They fight to get open and catch the ball when it comes their way. They don't body catch every pass. The receivers here just stopped after their routes, stood around and didn't even try to get open. They stood there and left their QB out to dry.
Rg3 locks on to Reed a lot and forces it to Garçon where he's not open a lot. Reed is litterly standing right infront of Rg3 when he throws the ball, about 10 to 15 yards down field on every reception. It's his easiest option, and the one he takes most of the time. Reed has LBs and SS's covering him also, comparing his coverage vs the coverage the wrs get doesn't make sense.

On a few of the passes where RG3 locks onto Reed, he misses wrs downfield that are wide open. He missed Garçon for a TD in both of the last two games and he missed Morgan for a TD last game.

Rg3 is not seeing the field, he's not been acurate or good in the pocket at all.

Quote:
Has he been perfect, no, but he has little to no confidence in the receivers, they abandon the run game too quickly AND they make an OLine who work best on the move, stand and pass block, which isn't their strength. There's plenty of blame to go around but had Aldrick made those two catches, both of which were in his arms, would we be having this conversation.
I don't disagree with you, but on the flip side, why should the wide receivers have much confidence in Rg3 right now?

He's missing them when they're wide open for possible Tds and he's sailing balls over their heads or throwing it behind them on slants and crossing patterns.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but it all starts with the guy who touches the ball every play. And he's the one we should be calling 50/50 right now, because it's 50/50 on what RG3 were going to why right now from one game to the next.

The Raiders and bears RG3 or the Rg3 from the other 5 games...

I mean, RG3 also missed 3 or 4 opportunities in the zone read to take the ball and run. If he keeps it, he may have scored on one of them and had big gains on the others. I honestly don't know what he's going out there, other than the Raiders and Bears games and I don't think he knows what he's doing either.

Quote:
All that said Griffin is forcing the ball too much and not taking what he's given. He needs to scan the field better and check down once in a while.
Totally agree. That's our biggest problem. It all starts with him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mrdriii wrote:
Rg3 locks on to Reed a lot and forces it to Garçon where he's not open a lot. Reed is litterly standing right infront of Rg3 when he throws the ball, about 10 to 15 yards down field on every reception. It's his easiest option, and the one he takes most of the time. Reed has LBs and SS's covering him also, comparing his coverage vs the coverage the wrs get doesn't make sense.

On a few of the passes where RG3 locks onto Reed, he misses wrs downfield that are wide open. He missed Garçon for a TD in both of the last two games and he missed Morgan for a TD last game.

Rg3 is not seeing the field, he's not been acurate or good in the pocket at all.

Quote:
I don't disagree with you, but on the flip side, why should the wide receivers have much confidence in Rg3 right now?

He's missing them when they're wide open for possible Tds and he's sailing balls over their heads or throwing it behind them on slants and crossing patterns.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but it all starts with the guy who touches the ball every play. And he's the one we should be calling 50/50 right now, because it's 50/50 on what RG3 were going to why right now from one game to the next.

The Raiders and bears RG3 or the Rg3 from the other 5 games...

I mean, RG3 also missed 3 or 4 opportunities in the zone read to take the ball and run. If he keeps it, he may have scored on one of them and had big gains on the others. I honestly don't know what he's going out there, other than the Raiders and Bears games and I don't think he knows what he's doing either.

Quote:
Totally agree. That's our biggest problem. It all starts with him.

I agree RG3 has been very very inconsistent in both the plass and run games. He's so tentative now, stares down his primary read, trhwos into double and triple coverage and doesn't even look out in the flats. Its clear he has lost his confidence. The play calling has been horrible as well. no moving pockets to get him easy reads and success, not screen passes, instead trying to get 30 yard plays instead of taking what the defense gives you. The only time I really see him do that is when its third down and ten and he throws a five yard pass, which is exactly when he should take a few more risks downfield.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: