Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fletcher, Biggers, Rocca, Chester, Montgomery, Bowen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Fletcher, Biggers, Rocca, Chester, Montgomery, Bowen Reply with quote

I'm going to be watching these guys closest because I believe they are most important if we don't want to lose. They won't win a game for us, but they have been very big factors in our losses.

Fletcher has been terrible all season because his body is used up. Today he has a chance to use hit brains even more with Peyton. After this game we will know if his leadership as a coach on the field compensates for his physical play.

Biggers has a opportunity to show he can play today. Denver is not physical which is good as Biggers is the softest DB in the league.

Rocca- kick the damn ball out of bounds

Chester, Monty, Licht- please don't get our QB killed and try to not get blown 2 yards back every run play

Bowen- I like him but his play is terrible. Hopefully they don't play him much and use Rak as a rush DE a lot with Jackson at LB

Polumbus- really no hope for him today. Remember Kenyatta Walker of the Bucs in the early 2000's. Polumbus may make walker look like an all pro today.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletcher isn't as good as he once was, but I think it's a but harsh to say he's been terrible. He's been our second most productive defender in terms of making stops and he's had several pressures a sack. He's struggled in coverage and had some missed tackles but we expected that at his age. What he lacks physically, he makes up for with his intangibles.

I really don't think Bowen is as bad as some are saying. Every time I check him out he's either helping Rak get pressure on the right side or he's getting double teamed.

Biggers isn't that great and they've been playing at safety out of necessity because of injuries to others.

I agree with the rest of what you said

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they all are playing terrible and should be cut/replaced.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:

the defense yesterday gave a good account of itself, including scoring a TD. Not even the 85 Bears can overcome a HOF QB, 5 turnovers and a offense (with its QB by far the most to blame) being totally inept.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Dro wrote:

the defense yesterday gave a good account of itself, including scoring a TD. Not even the 85 Bears can overcome a HOF QB, 5 turnovers and a offense (with its QB by far the most to blame) being totally inept.

There were times the defense showed flashes yesterday, but there were plenty of missed tackles, wrong assignments and calls were just horrid. Haslett's plan was good for the first half and I am not quite sure what happened in the second half.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mrdriii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second half defensive plan was fine also. Kyle let the team down by calling pass plays. The line didn't protect griffin and when the receivers were covered, they stopped running. Morris is gnashing them and they're keeping the ball out if Manning's hands. 3 and outs and a shank give them a quick lead and the defense got tired.

My offseason plan: give up a 2nd in 2014 and a 4th I'm 2015 and Cousins, who killed his trade value, for Gordon. Resign Rak and Trent draft the best o lineman available in the 3rd round. BPA for secondary and middle LBs after that. Sign the best o linemen, secondary and receivers that money can buy. Dump Aldrick, Moss, Morgan and maybe Hankerson

Thanx Mike23MD for the sig!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
Second half defensive plan was fine also. Kyle let the team down by calling pass plays. The line didn't protect griffin and when the receivers were covered, they stopped running. Morris is gnashing them and they're keeping the ball out if Manning's hands. 3 and outs and a shank give them a quick lead and the defense got tired.

My offseason plan: give up a 2nd in 2014 and a 4th I'm 2015 and Cousins, who killed his trade value, for Gordon. Resign Rak and Trent draft the best o lineman available in the 3rd round. BPA for secondary and middle LBs after that. Sign the best o linemen, secondary and receivers that money can buy. Dump Aldrick, Moss, Morgan and maybe Hankerson
not gonna happen. Wiping out the entire WR core but Garcon isn't going to help timing with RG3. Moss and Morgan will be gone, but not Robinson and Hank.

Trading all those players for an off the field problem child like Gordon isn't wise.

The team needs an upgrade at Ilb more than WR through the draft or trading away a lot of assets for one player.

Looking at free agency, the way to go is grab 2 Wrs in free agency one of them being Nicks, Maclin or Austin and then a slot wr type to replace Moss.

Fix the ILB position in round 2 because there are some great prospects that will be available in round 2. Guys that could be available and have pro bowl potential:

1. AJ Johnson, Tenn
2. Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
3. Christian Jones, FSU
4. Yawin Smallwood, UConn
5. Andrew Jackson, Western KY

At DB, I'd re-sign Hall, sign Brandon Browner and Jarius Byrd. I'd look for better depth at DE than Golston in free agency. I love him, but we need an upgrade. Hopefully we get Carrker back.

3rd round, I'd look for a RT, (David Yankey, Stan can play G or OT) but really after getting that starting Ilb to replace Fletch and go next to Riley, I don't really care. I just really want a dominant young Ilb for this defense for the next decade.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think the whole defense will be scrapped outside of a few key players:

DE: Bowen -> possibly stays
NT: Coefield -> stays
DE: Carriker -> stays

OLB: Kerrigan -> stays
MLB: Fletcher -> retires
MLB: Riley -> stays
OLB: Orakpo -> possibly stays depending on contract

CB: Hall -> possibly stays on cheap deal
FS: Meriweather -> gone
SS: Rambo -> backup
CB: Wilson -> gone

mrdriii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least with Gordon we'd have someone who can catch. I'm tired of watching Aldricks game changing drops. He catches the ball this week he keeps a drive alive and maybe they start to run again. Against Detroit if he catches the ball they prob win. Gordon catches both balls. We're not getting a better player at either on of those picks and he's still you g and on a rookie contract. Morgan is a league minimum player, Moss is done.

Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
At least with Gordon we'd have someone who can catch. I'm tired of watching Aldricks game changing drops. He catches the ball this week he keeps a drive alive and maybe they start to run again. Against Detroit if he catches the ball they prob win. Gordon catches both balls. We're not getting a better player at either on of those picks and he's still you g and on a rookie contract. Morgan is a league minimum player, Moss is done.

I have to agree..... All recievers drop balls, but the no one drops more crucial moment balls than Robinson. He absolutly needs to be upgraded!!
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By far the biggest issue at WR this year is Robinson (also Moss has had some important drops). He has cost us at least one game (Detroit) and who knows what happens if he makes the catches in Denver. I know people want to scrap the entire team just about now, but if you look close the Redskins are a few key players away to be as good as anyone. Don't forget we have a ton of money next year to spend in free agency. I say go free agency for WR (Nicks?) and ILB and then draft for the OL. We are stocked at running back, TE, LT, and we need to give the rooks a chance at safety. I loved how Rambo played the last game, he has gotten better. Amerson to me looks like he is going to be a stud. We must resign Hall to a 2 or 3 year contract, he seems to have matured.

so if we can get one or two receivers, an ILB to replace Fletch, and a RT I think we are going to be very decent. Again it will all depend on RGIII learning the position from A to Z. I want to see this kid have an upgraded receiver core and a full off-season to work with them.

As for Cousins killing his trade value and someone in here saying trade him you are nuts. Anyone see Wilson last night? Cousins came in an impossible situation and actually had some nice completions. The pick 6 was as much his fault as was Garson (he didn't come back to the ball) and the other pick was actually a drop hitting the receiver in his hands. That was 100% on the receiver. so I don't understand where he KC went wrong as some are saying.
mrdriii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle, timing with the receivers means nothing if they can't catch!! our entire receiving corps can now use the nickname 50/50!

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
we're also not getting Josh Gordon. The Browns aren't trading him, so that's moot.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
Turtle, timing with the receivers means nothing if they can't catch!! our entire receiving corps can now use the nickname 50/50!
they can catch, the passing game just isn't in sync. From the pass protection, to the qb being on time, accurate and seeing the field and we've had some drops.

Rg3 has sucked as a passer, the OL has sucked in protection and the Wrs have had some bad drops all year. It's not anyone entity of the passing offense. Changing the Wrs is not going to make RG3 see the open Wrs infront of him and downfield for tds. Getting new Wrs is not going to make rg3 deliver balls on time and accurately.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
By far the biggest issue at WR this year is Robinson (also Moss has had some important drops). He has cost us at least one game (Detroit) and who knows what happens if he makes the catches in Denver. I know people want to scrap the entire team just about now, but if you look close the Redskins are a few key players away to be as good as anyone. Don't forget we have a ton of money next year to spend in free agency. I say go free agency for WR (Nicks?) and ILB and then draft for the OL. We are stocked at running back, TE, LT, and we need to give the rooks a chance at safety. I loved how Rambo played the last game, he has gotten better. Amerson to me looks like he is going to be a stud. We must resign Hall to a 2 or 3 year contract, he seems to have matured.

so if we can get one or two receivers, an ILB to replace Fletch, and a RT I think we are going to be very decent. Again it will all depend on RGIII learning the position from A to Z. I want to see this kid have an upgraded receiver core and a full off-season to work with them.

As for Cousins killing his trade value and someone in here saying trade him you are nuts. Anyone see Wilson last night? Cousins came in an impossible situation and actually had some nice completions. The pick 6 was as much his fault as was Garson (he didn't come back to the ball) and the other pick was actually a drop hitting the receiver in his hands. That was 100% on the receiver. so I don't understand where he KC went wrong as some are saying.
good points, I agree.

Give me Hakeem Nicks and Brandon Tate at WR.

Give me Eric Winston or Ryan Harris at RT.

Draft an Ilb in round 2.

Sign Randy Starks to upgrade DE.

Sign BRandon Browner and Jarius Byrd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: