Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you think about Santonio Holmes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest me-first guy weve ever had. Does not care about winning and losing but instead his production on the field. We can blow a team out and if he only has 2 catches and no TDs hes miserable. We can lose but if he has a career day you wont sense that he just lost a game in his post game press conference. He has talent, theres no question but he has a terrible attitude. Not only that hes been milking injuries all year. He doesn't care. He knows hes getting cut, he just wants to be 100% for whatever team take him next. This is why WR is such a big need in both the draft and in FA.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Holmes is an enigma. He played great for us in 2010 when he was playing for a contract, but since then his problems have been well documented. Honestly, I really think he doesn't want to play in NY anymore mostly due to the media scrutiny. In Pittsburgh he didn't have to deal with it as much. I think Holmes and the team know that the writing is on the wall, he will be cut after this season. Both parties are trying to make the best of this last year, but I wouldn't have minded if we cut him. Heck maybe we can trade him for Britt straight up lol. Garbage for garbage swap, 2 diva WRs who have no place on their current teams.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough said

Props to JMG on the sig
Jetsqb101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying Santonio Holmes doesn't care about winning isn't fair. Off the top of my head he made gigantic plays against the Browns, Texans, Lions and Patriots which pretty much won those games. The dude steps up when the team needs him to, and I would argue that the character issues from the end of last season were really just him becoming the scapegoat for the team's collapse and inability to win
Jetsqb101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Enough said

I'm pretty sure he didn't make the rational decision to fumble the ball, but the rational decision to try and stop the sharp and intense pain from the injury he just suffered. That's normal human behavior
kilahchris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Million dollar question is who will be our number 1 receiver next year. Do we target a free agent, do we draft the number 1 guy!? Does Stephen Hill emerge as the number 1 guy?
green24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
The Million dollar question is who will be our number 1 receiver next year. Do we target a free agent, do we draft the number 1 guy!? Does Stephen Hill emerge as the number 1 guy?

I don't know if we'll have a #1 guy per se.

We'll have a WR trio of Hill, Kerley, and hopefully Mike Evans.
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe Stephen Hill is a sleeping giant. And I think he'll be waking up next season.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
I still believe Stephen Hill is a sleeping giant. And I think he'll be waking up next season.

I'm starting to think that.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
glenearl18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

Yeah it's pretty insane how much better he is this year than last. He was one of the worst WRs in history last year and now he's semi-explosive.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be quite a relief when this turd nugget is no longer on the Jet's roster. Does he have talent? Yes. Is he bat-stuff crazy? Yes.

He's somewhat overrated because he made his reputation being on the receiving end of passes thrown by one of the best QB's of the era, most notably in a Superbowl. Not that it means much, but I've stood pretty close to this guy in training camp practices.He's on the small side, with a very slender build. He doesn't resemble anything like someremarkable athletic specimen, or anything like that. He looks like Jeremy Kerley, or any other small slot receiver.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could cut him now, I would have pack his bags myself.

How quickly people forget 2 years ago when he basically quit on the team. This year early on he was saying the right things and playing pretty well and I even hesitated thinking, "maybe he's learned his lesson over the years." Only that was certainly not true because one week after that thought rolls through my head he comes out with this gem of a line. "I can't throw the ball and catch it."

Wow really, leader my a--. He's about as selfish as they come and his play on the field is no where near enough to deal with his whining. The faster we get rid of him the better.

I'm completely shocked seeing some of the responses in here defending this guy.

Props to Mack on the sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

No way. . I love the progress he's made. He certainly looks like an NFL caliber WR and I love his ability to blow the top off the defense but his route running is still lacking, doesn't have the hips to separate on the underneath routes.

He's not a #1 WR as much as I wish he was. He's a borderline 2 who stretches the field. I still think him and Kerley make a good combo moving forward but neither are a #1 guy.

Props to Mack on the sig
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much I can still root for me based of the 2010 season, to me he has consistently but himself before the team and has overstayed his welcome. I can see him going to a team with an experienced quality starting quarterback and doing very well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

And while I think that too, we still need a true #1 WR target for this team. I would rather not count on Hill to be that, I just don't feel safe doing that. I think Hill has the potential for it, but as of now I still feel like he is best at the #2 spot with Kerley inside at the slot.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: