Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you think about Santonio Holmes?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsqb101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: What do you think about Santonio Holmes? Reply with quote

I've seen that common logic for this upcoming off-season involves cutting Santonio Holmes in order to try and bring in a new #1 target, which I understand since Holmes has had some issues and injuries recently, but I've also noticed that a lot of Jets fans seem to just not like the guy.

This is weird for me because I actually love Santonio Holmes despite all of the first down celebrations and drama he can bring. The dude has tremendous talent and he has really given it his all in his stint for the New York Jets in my opinion, embracing the fact that he would be our number one wide receiver. He could've phoned it in with us since we didn't have a strong offense, but instead he gave us an explosive(and clutch) pass catcher who our QB could rely on. A lot of his problems lay in his ego, but I'd argue that when you've made plays that Santonio has made that you've earned the right to play with that swagger and it in fact probably makes him a better player.

My opinion aside, are you glad that Santonio Holmes came to the Jets and do you like him as a player?
CallOfKtulu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved him in his first year here. Haven't really liked him since. Hopefully he can win me over when he comes back from injury.
jg6041

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude is real. Reasonable contract and him wanting to stay fits perfectly.
No loss if he goes, love to see him stay.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was our 2/3 and shut up, I would have loved him. His attitude is so bad, people really believed he was faking his injury at the beginning of the season. Maybe if he step up and act like a #1, he can win me over.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he's on the field and healthy, he changes the dynamic of the offense. He really is one of the better WR's in the game.

As far as his attitude, I'm not on the practice field or in the huddle with him so I can't comment on that. But Geno seems comfortable with him.

- Cliff Burton
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was something VERY wrong in 2010 that we never really got to know about. It was obvious he was a big problem. Since then, it's been more a problem of staying on the field.

I'm still a firm believer in his talent, I just don't think it's going to be here.
jg6041

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
If he was our 2/3 and shut up, I would have loved him. His attitude is so bad, people really believed he was faking his injury at the beginning of the season. Maybe if he step up and act like a #1, he can win me over.

Shut up? Why? He is a little dude has always given his all.
Obviously since it happened again he was not "faking"
I didn't like singing however he has given his all and smacked the NY press which I respect.

Seriously what has he done as a teammate or across the field to disparage him?

Personally be who you are and I respect you. He has been.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
green24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a person? I think he's a -.

As a receiver and overall package, I think he's not quite the receiver he was a few years ago. He's been slowed by injuries and he isn't that young anymore. When he's on, he's a legit #1, but he's "on" maybe once or twice a season. When he's playing, he's a great tool (pun intended) to have. However, I think after this season we should be looking at a #1 or starting receiver to replace Holmes. We should be looking at someone who can have the high (pun not intended, unless we draft Sammy Watkins), but not prove to be a detriment to the team at times.

There is a thread in NFL Comparisons where it asks you to rank the top 15 players on your team. Towards the tail end of the list, I listed Holmes, Kerley, and Hill consecutively. It is really hard to tell at this point who is our #1, #2, and #3 receiver. They all have very different track records, skill sets, and roles in this offense, yet you could really order them in any way you want.
jg6041

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Why? What has he done in a Jets uniform to make you say that?
As a person...Rock on Dude be who you are.. tell Manish and crew to go F yourselves.
I like him no change from headphone go F yourself Really guy?
Again I like him, he is real. He is a little guy does not play it.

Do not get me wrong personally I will call a punk when I see it. Holmes is not a punk. I respect his punk butt lol.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
green24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Why? What has he done in a Jets uniform to make you say that?
As a person...Rock on Dude be who you are.. tell Manish and crew to go F yourselves.
I like him no change from headphone go F yourself Really guy?
Again I like him, he is real. He is a little guy does not play it.

Do not get me wrong personally I will call a punk when I see it. Holmes is not a punk. I respect his punk butt lol.

glenearl18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's an awesome dude. After a Lions game a few years ago all these players were gathered in a circle at midfield to pray to god and Holmes was running around them doing "the Jet". The cheeseburger incident was funny too. I'd be sad to see him go.
jg6041

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
e]

Make me work dude?
All I can say is I may not agee but I understand. Boss is a tool, your guy refuses to listen? I like him.... then again I hate authority since I was 4....

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overrated estimated player his entire career who would of been the #2 on the majority of teams his entire career and a #3 on a half dozen as well. He's really not worth keeping. He is a zero intangibles type player who sometimes can make clutch catches but is usually pretty nonexistent outside of those rare moments.
Imarobot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Overrated estimated player his entire career who would of been the #2 on the majority of teams his entire career and a #3 on a half dozen as well. He's really not worth keeping. He is a zero intangibles type player who sometimes can make clutch catches but is usually pretty nonexistent outside of those rare moments.

Overrated estimated Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Shut up? Why? He is a little dude has always given his all.
Obviously since it happened again he was not "faking"
I didn't like singing however he has given his all and smacked the NY press which I respect.

Seriously what has he done as a teammate or across the field to disparage him?

Personally be who you are and I respect you. He has been.

Yeah I would want him to shut up instead of showing off his selfish attitude . He's doing it now maybe because he has to look good for other teams next season. I've watched WR's like Megatron, Fitz, and Andre Johnson stay professional at their teams worst, why must Holmes be the one fighting with players in the huddle during games & etc? He has looked good at times, but I'm not going to pretend like he wasn't a big part of the "Circus" that went on before. It's not like he's a WR defenses really have to game plan for.

But the fact that people/media would think he would fake his injury shows you how bad they think his attitude is. If it was any other WR , they would have believed him.

He has played hard at times, no doubt about that. But looking at his time as a Jet, his negatives out weighed his positives. Like I said before, if he returns and keep the positive attitude, I'll be happier. But He'll be replaced for a #1 WR that defenses have to respect & game plan for.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: